24/25 Season Tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me or does everyone find this bigger blade bollocks tiresome and boring.

There are plenty of posters on here who aren't a bigger blade as you. The bloke who did years and years through thick and thin and doesn't come now because of the time and expense commitment of raising two children. The semi-retired bloke who spends 6 months a year in Cuba and has been going to the Lane for 60 years, or the bloke who did years home and away until work took him across to a different country. Are their opinions less valid than yours because you are going home and away at the minute?
Part time.

This thread!

Minimal increase. Option of using a season card or switching to smartphone wallet like the majority of ticket purchases these days … train, plane, concert, loyalty cards, Apple Pay etc.

Ability to pay over 3 months, interest free. Exactly same option as last year.

Smacks of plenty moaning for the sake of it. Look at the increase in prices at gigs, transport and plenty of other leisure activities.

This thread!

Minimal increase. Option of using a season card or switching to smartphone wallet like the majority of ticket purchases these days … train, plane, concert, loyalty cards, Apple Pay etc.

Ability to pay over 3 months, interest free. Exactly same option as last year.

Smacks of plenty moaning for the sake of it. Look at the increase in prices at gigs, transport and plenty of other leisure activities.
Don’t upset the Bigger Blades who call others bigger blades……..

I expect Manchester United fans had the same thought when they had to watch that early 90s team containing their Under 23s, Beckham, Butt, Giggs, Scholes and Gary and Phil Neville.
Are you comparing our current crop of young players to Man Utd's Class of 92?
I recall they also signed the likes of Cantona during that period. Can we expect signings of a similar calibre this summer?

Changes were discussed at inaugural Fans Advisory Board last night.

"Season cards can be gifted to other individuals

option to send ticket to someone else

option for non smart phone users select on renewal and club will be in touch

Club working on FAQ's and user guide shared before season start

Season ticket will be downloaded into smart phone wallet and remain there for rest of season. No barcode/QR code will be provided

If you run out of battery ticket office will have an option for you to get in ground

multiple season cards can be saved to 1 phone

Club still saying the alternatives to phones will be provided at a later date when everyone who has had to phone the ticket office over the last 24 hours has been told they can opt to receive a new card. Nothing about why the payment system failed from the attached note but more detail presumably in meeting minutes if ever they are disclosed.

Begs the question why didn't this meeting occur before yesterdays season ticket statement. The stated aims of the FAB include prior consultation. That should mean fans having an input into changes before they occur not after the event. I'm certain the FAB would have recommended more information on the alternative to smart phones being provided now.

Last edited:

For next season only, what happens after that? No smartphone, no season ticket?
I wouldn't imagine the club would turn down £400+ from a paying customer who wanted a 1p piece of plastic that let them in the door. But NFC is the current direction of travel (at least until AI pumps the games into our brains while harvesting our organs for fuel, Matrix style)

Apart from issuing the needed clarifications after the launch, I'm not sure the club has done much wrong here

I wouldn't imagine the club would turn down £400+ from a paying customer who wanted a 1p piece of plastic that let them in the door. But NFC is the current direction of travel (at least until AI pumps the games into our brains while harvesting our organs for fuel, Matrix style)

Apart from issuing the needed clarifications after the launch, I'm not sure the club has done much wrong here
Car Park Licker…….

So do we have to burn our current season card before the start of next season, or will they destroy themselves?

Will turnstiles now have the screens they have in supermarket checkouts that put your picture on a screen when stood at the checkout, what's that all about?, big brother stuff

My worry is the ticket office management never seem to learn from past mistakes ,all options and communication should have been in place before the launch ,and not to have your online credit and debit card payment working is pretty shambolic .but hey ho up the blades ,would we have it any other way 😂

Are you comparing our current crop of young players to Man Utd's Class of 92?
I recall they also signed the likes of Cantona during that period. Can we expect signings of a similar calibre this summer?

Well like Cantona, Mcburnie and Brewster have both had feights with opposition fans, what more do you want?

Changes were discussed at inaugural Fans Advisory Board last night.

"Season cards can be gifted to other individuals

option to send ticket to someone else

option for non smart phone users select on renewal and club will be in touch

Club working on FAQ's and user guide shared before season start

Season ticket will be downloaded into smart phone wallet and remain there for rest of season. No barcode/QR code will be provided

If you run out of battery ticket office will have an option for you to get in ground

multiple season cards can be saved to 1 phone

Club still saying the alternatives to phones will be provided at a later date when everyone who has had to phone the ticket office over the last 24 hours has been told they can opt to receive a new card. Nothing about why the payment system failed from the attached note but more detail presumably in meeting minutes if ever they are disclosed.

Begs the question why didn't this meeting occur before yesterdays season ticket statement. The stated aims of the FAB include prior consultation. That should mean fans having an input into changes before they occur not after the event. I'm certain the FAB would have recommended more information on the alternative to smart phones being provided now.

Some tech guy has told them that the smart phone option is the best and cheapest way to go. Having worked in IT all my life I know once a system is in then very little is spent on backup and contingency. Take the recent Sainsburys and Tesco's debacle! I personally had a problem with Ticketmaster at the City Hall where all tickets were by phone but when 100's got to the venue loading up on your phone wouldn't work because of the capacity. The queues outside were horrendous and the ticket office couldn't cope and the gig had to be delayed. Needless to say the City Hall were furious with ticketmaster and ordered them to allow printathome on all future events.

I have always used print at home as a backup and United should allow people to have cards as a backup. They need a serious rethink!

Some tech guy has told them that the smart phone option is the best and cheapest way to go. Having worked in IT all my life I know once a system is in then very little is spent on backup and contingency. Take the recent Sainsburys and Tesco's debacle! I personally had a problem with Ticketmaster at the City Hall where all tickets were by phone but when 100's got to the venue loading up on your phone wouldn't work because of the capacity. The queues outside were horrendous and the ticket office couldn't cope and the gig had to be delayed. Needless to say the City Hall were furious with ticketmaster and ordered them to allow printathome on all future events.

I have always used print at home as a backup and United should allow people to have cards as a backup. They need a serious rethink!
How many clubs using this system already have you heard of having serious isssues??? None I bet !

Back
Top Bottom