24/25 Season Tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In a separate wallet in a different pocket, I assume. Speaking as a competent phone user, it’s the obvious and sensible position to deal with the consequences of losing either your wallet or your phone.
Why the inquisition?

Aren’t you as likely to lose your wallet as your phone? And with tap to pay with most cards they don’t have the security of FaceID or entering your PIN to pay that a phone offers?

Went for the card option even though I'm happy to use my phone for other stuff.

Though when you loose or break your phone ?

Or the NFC system breaks down as it did at Sainsbury's the other Saturday.

Oh the carnage.

Many had no cards or cash, just a 'smart' phone.

Aren’t you as likely to lose your wallet as your phone? And with tap to pay with most cards they don’t have the security of FaceID or entering your PIN to pay that a phone offers?
You miss my point. I was trying to say that if I have my credit cards in my wallet, and my phone as well ( in a different pocket), then I can get by in the short term ( if travelling, for example), with the loss of either one of them. I’m less likely to lose both as I am to lose one or the other. If I have my credit cards in my phone case, and lose my phone, then I’m stuffed ( something to do with putting all your eggs in one basket...)
Nothing to do with security of the different systems - both are reasonably safe.

I was motivated to reply to your earlier post in reaction to the general ‘smartarsery’ of many on this thread in deriding the concerns of folk who either don’t feel comfortable with or don’t want to use smartphones. We should respect their concerns - everybody has a different perspective on life.

Can you imagine getting to Bramall Lane pissing down with rain? .nobody,s mobile is working hundreds of people cannot gain entry because the lines are down whatever you call it these days. a disaster waiting to happen.the bigger picture No fucking staff because they are not needed anymore. Cost-cutting that's all they think about these days.

Can you imagine getting to Bramall Lane pissing down with rain? .nobody,s mobile is working hundreds of people cannot gain entry because the lines are down whatever you call it these days. a disaster waiting to happen.the bigger picture No fucking staff because they are not needed anymore. Cost-cutting that's all they think about these days.
You won’t have to have a signal for the ticket to work. If it’s on your phone the scanner will pick it up.

You won’t have to have a signal for the ticket to work. If it’s on your phone the scanner will pick it up.
Exactly. And even if it was reliant on a signal, do what I do with train tickets, take a flippin screenshot in case there is a problem with the signal!!

If I just renew 2 kids ST’s on the SS and don’t renew my own it’s £216 I’m putting into the club for no reward as they’ll never be used.

I’ll probably by 3 kids home shirts and 1 or 2 kids away shirts as well as maybe some Blades gifts at Christmas when they put free global shipping on.

I’ll watch most games on TV via certain means, I might pay for ifollow for the odd one as well.

Can one of the bigger Blades tell me how much moaning that entitles me to please?

Is there a £ value per moan or do I physically have to be at the games to be entitled to complain?

If I can’t moan, do I just clap along like a neurodiverse seal and do I get extra Bladey points if I do?

You miss my point. I was trying to say that if I have my credit cards in my wallet, and my phone as well ( in a different pocket), then I can get by in the short term ( if travelling, for example), with the loss of either one of them. I’m less likely to lose both as I am to lose one or the other. If I have my credit cards in my phone case, and lose my phone, then I’m stuffed ( something to do with putting all your eggs in one basket...)
Nothing to do with security of the different systems - both are reasonably safe.

I was motivated to reply to your earlier post in reaction to the general ‘smartarsery’ of many on this thread in deriding the concerns of folk who either don’t feel comfortable with or don’t want to use smartphones. We should respect their concerns - everybody has a different perspective on life.

Football is the only event or sport which doesn’t use mobile tickets, throw in travel etc it’s the exception not the rule.

With the season starting in four months, I guess that’s sufficient notice for the few who don’t use it to work out how to do so. The technology is only going to get more widespread. Notwithstanding that, sounds like you can retain the card anyway should you wish. So on that basis there’s little to moan about.

As always, renewal was really easy, just selected the PayPal option and then paid on my credit card this way (more secure as saves keeping my cc details on auto fill)

Happy to use the NFC as it works brilliantly for boarding passes at airports, never had issues. Using mobile to enter means I don’t have to mess around with a card.

Also had no problems with bar code for Brighton game either in the cup

Transferring / gifting tickets seems to have been thought about, as does those wanting / needing to keep a card.

Lots of questions seem to have been answered and the price of ST not too bad still.

All in all, whilst the football is shit, seems like they’ve got the ticketing sorted with a new system. I guess it’ll take a few games to iron out any teething problems, but perhaps let’s get in a little earlier to help out and not all arrive at 5 to kick off.

Well done United

Well said and much more polite than I'd likely to be. My thinking is lose my bank card and I can quickly phone the bank or disable it on the app. If I were to lose my phone with my cards in the wallet I'd be fucked with no quick way to contact the banks or anyone. I just don't like the idea of having my whole life on a little piece of electronic shite than can stop working at anytime. Imagine being out somewhere with no cash and suddenly realising your phone and bank cards have all gone missing either lost or stolen. Like you say too many smart arses on this forum.

Well said and much more polite than I'd likely to be. My thinking is lose my bank card and I can quickly phone the bank or disable it on the app. If I were to lose my phone with my cards in the wallet I'd be fucked with no quick way to contact the banks or anyone. I just don't like the idea of having my whole life on a little piece of electronic shite than can stop working at anytime. Imagine being out somewhere with no cash and suddenly realising your phone and bank cards have all gone missing either lost or stolen. Like you say too many smart arses on this forum.
I've got my cards on my watch as well ;)

My Dad was mortified when "they" "made him" start using this. Up until then, he paid his season ticket money at the gate at the first game of the season. And the gate man just recognised him every week and waved him in. Just occasionally, if the system failed, he'd have to say - It's me, Eric...

image.jpg

Transferring / gifting tickets seems to have been thought about, as does those wanting / needing to keep a card.

Lots of questions seem to have been answered and the price of ST not too bad still.

Where have you seen this? There doesn't seem to be any information online about transferring tickets, keeping a card, or indeed anything other than the unhelpful statement that we will be "implementing digital season tickets".

Still can't re-nu on line is the site down.Tried we'd,Thurs and today still refusing to finish the re-nuel very frustrating,anybody got ideas on what's wrong.?

Still can't re-nu on line is the site down.Tried we'd,Thurs and today still refusing to finish the re-nuel very frustrating,anybody got ideas on what's wrong.?
You can’t find the slot to put the ten shilling notes in?

Same here. Tried Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and still won’t let me complete payment.

Same here. Tried Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and still won’t let me complete payment.
Email them they will ring you back and do it over the phone ,their tec isn't working right ,was pointed out to them on Wednesday so don't understand why they haven't sorted it .

Where have you seen this? There doesn't seem to be any information online about transferring tickets, keeping a card, or indeed anything other than the unhelpful statement that we will be "implementing digital season tickets".

All the information is here on this forum.

When have we ever been wrong or misleading ?

There has been some posts on here either quoting the ticket office, screen shots from emails or transcripts of discussions had with the club.

You mention that it is an "unhelpful statement", but i found it to be more a statement of fact, an unhelpful statement would be "we might or might not be implementing or even thinking about implementing a digital season ticket. Or maybe we're fucking with you. You'll have to wait and see". However, the statement they put out is quite clear.

They even follow this up on the Official site with a statement "More information regarding this development will follow in due course.". So that is also good. They're letting you know that there will be more information coming.

When you click renew now, it then gives you the option for using a smart phone but if you don't have a smart phone (or perhaps don't want to use your smartphone), you can also click that option and still renew... presumably then this gives the club an indication that you will need to use another method of entry. It could be a tattoo on the forehead, an NFC token embedded under your skin or it could indeed be a card... as they say though, "More information regarding this development will follow in due course."

Exactly. And even if it was reliant on a signal, do what I do with train tickets, take a flippin screenshot in case there is a problem with the signal!!
I was given a smartphone to use by work, screen would not work if any rain drops on it.
Are we changing to Summer Seasons?
No, best take a towel with me then😉

Back
Top Bottom