Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Luton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not to prove the point too much but we have only got the mentality aspect to play with. You look through the other squads in the Premier League and are filled with multimillion pound talent. Even Luton with Barkley brings a decent side, they play with composure and have a confidence about them that isn’t cocky but look to get on the front foot, in all of the games this season we have looked shaky and even when the final whistle has gone when we have got something from the game still wondering if it happened!
You're speaking as though we have absolutely zero quality at all. I mean I get the pessimism considering the results under Hecky but bloody hell, give the lads some motivation no?

You're speaking as though we have absolutely zero quality at all. I mean I get the pessimism considering the results under Hecky but bloody hell, give the lads some motivation no?
If we looked at 1-11 how many teams would be looking at us and swapping a player out. We have some quality in bursts but not enough consistency that gives a player quality. This season it has been difficult to say a player is guaranteed to be first to written down on the team sheet (not talking keepers) where last season Ndiaye was rightfully the first person on previous seasons being different, maybe Billy in some years. At the moment Wilder has delivered the same points as Hecky this season, granted in less games. We do lack quality in terms of the level we are at but playing every game like a cup game attitude is definitely what the fans expect as a bare minimum and that can get us some of the results.

To be honest I'm dreading this game, Luton can play a bit but the thing that worries me is how physical they will be. They will be in our faces all game I'm not sure our midgets will be able to compete you can bet your life they will all be big buggers on their side who will put it in the box at every opportunity.

Won't get chance to do this tomorrow or Boxing Day morning so here we go. Have a merry Christmas everybody!

The best set of comments so far. I think Luton are doing a great job on limited resources and with a touch of humour.

Back
Top Bottom