24/25 Season Tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some good points there. I’ve been to Chesterfield recently and how refreshing it was. Great football, no cheating, feigning injury, harassing the referee etc. 16 quid for a good afternoon’s entertainment. Football will kill the Golden Goose.
I've watched Harrogate Town a few times this season and the lack of feigning injury, diving etc makes a change from watching the prima donnas in the Premier League. I will however be renewing my season ticket.

I've occasionally wondered what would happen if the scanners at the turnstiles failed. I wonder what contingency plans are in place? I was reminded of this when all the self service checkouts failed in Morrissons on Monday ( were still down on Tuesday according to my neighbour) - they opened all the manned checkouts but there was still a lot of standing around. I can't see a football crowd being very tolerant in a similar situation

With all the so called stewards we employ just on Bramhall Lane they could have one ticket each and hand it to the individual fan personally, on a one to one basis

*some of them did
Here’s an old codger that needs some help !
If an NFC is on my smartphone does it then work like a contactless debit card or does my phone need to be connected to the internet when I arrive at the turnstile ?

I don't think it's fair for people to be criticising the club about a lack of communication around these 'digital tickets'. This season ticket renewal window is a freak, one-off, completely unexpected circumstance. It's not like they've had nearly an entire year to prepare.

And yet one that seems to catch supporters out every single season 🤣

Here’s an old codger that needs some help !
If an NFC is on my smartphone does it then work like a contactless debit card or does my phone need to be connected to the internet when I arrive at the turnstile ?

NFC is merely the method used by the reader to detect the presence of a token.

On android/iOS it’ll be a “ticket” in your digital wallet, you’ll simply bring it up and wave your device near the reader like a contactless payment.

Unless you are adding the ticket to your “wallet” for the very first time, you won’t need connection to the internet.

And yet one that seems to catch supporters out every single season 🤣

NFC is merely the method used by the reader to detect the presence of a token.

On android/iOS it’ll be a “ticket” in your digital wallet, you’ll simply bring it up and wave your device near the reader like a contactless payment.
Thanks ! I thought so, but these days cannot always trust myself to understand !

Thanks ! I thought so, but these days cannot always trust myself to understand !

Depending on your setup, it’s likely as easy as double tapping a button and selecting your ticket. Easier than the panicked pat down of pockets for your season ticket when you wonder if you’ve forgotten it/lost it.

But if you want, at least for next season, they’ll let you do it the old way.

Yes, a lot of clubs are 65. It was a nice surprise for me to find it had automatically moved to Seniors for me even though I am not 60 until later in the year. Finally some value for getting old!!!!
Same here, I turned 60 in December last year. Didn't think about it too much but the club changed it automatically so every ticket I have bought since (cup games and away games) it automatically charged me the reduced rate :).
£306 for 23 games in the Bramall Lane Upper tier feels like a huge bargain for me. I paid £435.50 for this season.
More 3pm Saturday matches, no VAR (for now) and might win a fee games......can't wait.

If you’ve got a ST, can you transfer across to another stand as part of the renewal process?

Renew in your current stand now. Then move seats during the seat move period. You'll pay or be refunded any difference in price then.

I would happily renew but I've got a huge concern about this NFC, digital ticket.

Due to being a shift worker, I usually make the majority of games throughout a season, but always have to miss a handul when my roster doesn't fall right, or I can't get leave or a shift swap.

I take my 14 year old son with me to the matches to and he has the ST next to mine in the South, and when I can't make it he'll either go with his Mum or one of his friends.

I'd hope that these would be transferable with the minimum of ease, for a few times a season when I can't make it or it would make the cost of a ST unfeasible for me. I'd also hope that they don't bring in another rule where a ST holder has to attend a set amount of games a season, as it could very well mean that I lose my ST and the seat I've had for years and be penalised for being a shift worker.

Might get a ST at the nearest non league club Worksop Town works out about £7 a game, 5mins away on the bus, no cheating and diving, no VAR and the rest of the bollocks. Totally disillusioned with United and league football where it is all about money. The professional game is becoming a pantomime.
Think your going over the top there metal blade. Cheating goes on at every level of football ! It's what you can get away with what counts.
Nearest you will get to clean footie is the woman's game and its only a matter of time before it infiltrates that game.Its there now really it will just spiral as the rewards get bigger.
The route of most evil is ! Yes you've guessed it
MONEY !!

ill be going for the new card. but im terrified as i did have habit of losing them in the 1st few years. but after number 9, ive avoided being on issue number 10 for 7yrs now

I would happily renew but I've got a huge concern about this NFC, digital ticket.

Due to being a shift worker, I usually make the majority of games throughout a season, but always have to miss a handul when my roster doesn't fall right, or I can't get leave or a shift swap.

I take my 14 year old son with me to the matches to and he has the ST next to mine in the South, and when I can't make it he'll either go with his Mum or one of his friends.

I'd hope that these would be transferable with the minimum of ease, for a few times a season when I can't make it or it would make the cost of a ST unfeasible for me. I'd also hope that they don't bring in another rule where a ST holder has to attend a set amount of games a season, as it could very well mean that I lose my ST and the seat I've had for years and be penalised for being a shift worker.

It's a none issue at the moment. When you go through the online process you have the option to request a card. Just get the card as normal.

I’m guessing a factor is that the club/old bill/SAG want to know who’s there.

Swopping of season cards means they have no idea, plus grown blokes using children's cards probably pisses them off too, especially if they’re on a banning order…

Currently, if you can’t go the club will cancel your card for a game and give you a physical ticket for that game providing you name the individual you’re giving it to and they have a club number.

I’ve done it twice this season to different mates and it worked very well. Plus I didn’t have to worry that one of them, in the state he gets in, would lose my precious card.

Am guessing this will still be an option with the phone ticket?

Works out as a 4.7% increase on what I paid for the same seat last year. Would have been nice for prices to have been frozen given the season we've had to endure, but the increase is below inflation so I guess we can't complain too much. (And we'll get more games next season, which helps it feel not so bad).
Might even see them win!

It'll be interesting to see the queues at the top of the Kop when people are asked to show their ticket to the stewards as they enter the gangways before the match and at halftime🤣

Same here, I turned 60 in December last year. Didn't think about it too much but the club changed it automatically so every ticket I have bought since (cup games and away games) it automatically charged me the reduced rate :).
£306 for 23 games in the Bramall Lane Upper tier feels like a huge bargain for me. I paid £435.50 for this season.
More 3pm Saturday matches, no VAR (for now) and might win a fee games......can't wait.
I too turned 60 in December I have only attended the Luton game on Boxing day since. It never occured to me to buy a seniors ticket ffs 🙄

Back
Top Bottom