2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you apply that kind of attitude who cares if there are stripes on the front? The club's colours are red and white stripes, not red and white on the front with red or white on the back with maybe a bit of both on the bottom.
But there are stripes on the front
Kits are for kids and middle aged men to wear on match days end of

Staff costs? Marketing? Admin costs? Tax?

It's a bit like saying you won't pay £5 for a pint because the ingredients only cost 40p. And then they have the cheek to serve it in a branded glass
It's really not, it's more like buying a pint of your favourite beer with a bit of carrot juice and tomato juice tipped in the pint because they sponsor the brewery

The sponsor logos ruin the shirts, they look shit, who wants to be a walking advert for doors and health care

Some people have short memories.
Previous kit manufacturers have often provided us with stripes on the back, but the complaint on many occasions were that the stripes did not line up,front to back,stripes were not central to the neck,stripes disappeared around the sides.
Just be careful of what you wish for.
Also with Adidas, you get some good additional clothing.

I also really like both new kits. It’s just the home shirt should have stripes on the back. It seems we are the only stripe-wearing club who aren’t doing so currently.

And the fact Leeds got a striped away shirt and it had striped sleeves and back is just a piss take.

I'm not entirely sure if this is how it works but I think Adidas provide the club with a number of choices for the new shirt and then the club chooses which one, if so I just don't understand what would be so hard for the club to not provide those examples for the fan base to vote on and the one with the most votes will be our shirt for the following season or one after that.

I know the club has done something like this before about 10 years ago but I'm talking about letting this happen season in season out. That way at least we get an option to vote for a variant, even if your personal vote didn't win at least fans have been engaged and interacted with.

After all the shirt is for the club and it's fan base and ultimately what a large proportion of said fan base spend hard earned cash on.

I'm not entirely sure if this is how it works but I think Adidas provide the club with a number of choices for the new shirt and then the club chooses which one, if so I just don't understand what would be so hard for the club to not provide those examples for the fan base to vote on and the one with the most votes will be our shirt for the following season or one after that.

I know the club has done something like this before about 10 years ago but I'm talking about letting this happen season in season out. That way at least we get an option to vote for a variant, even if your personal vote didn't win at least fans have been engaged and interacted with.

After all the shirt is for the club and it's fan base and ultimately what a large proportion of said fan base spend hard earned cash on.

Right now, the vast majority think the shirts are great and will buy.

If you have a vote, then the people who don't get their shirt might not like the one that wins and you have a diluted group of buyers.

Also it's 2021 so any vote would probably be taken over by bellends who vote for the obvious worst one (like the raspberry stripes version we had on the last kit vote I remember), and if you only did it via season tickets or something it's not fair on the other tens of thousand Blades who aren't season ticket holders and they'd moan.

The extra sales on a striped back/ sleeves will have to be greater than the income from the sponsorship in those locations.

The dirties kit has 2 dark colours so names and numbers should not be an issue with light coloured lettering.

Spot on. Let the fan base decide!

1. If you have a vote, then the people who don't get their shirt might not like the one that wins and you have a diluted group of buyers.

2A. Also it's 2021 so any vote would probably be taken over by bellends who vote for the obvious worst one (like the raspberry stripes version we had on the last kit vote I remember), 2B. and if you only did it via season tickets or something it's not fair on the other tens of thousand Blades who aren't season ticket holders and they'd moan.

1. Its just my opinion but like I said, even if your vote hasn't won I think its better than not being consulted at all. At least you've been given the chance to vote for one rather than 'you get what you're given'.

2A. I thought about this but as long as some of the options are sensible and aren't too wayward i.e. pretty much what a Blades shirt should look like then even the bellends won't be able to hijack the vote for one that much of the fans base wouldn't want. The occasion I remember, I think we'd only been with Macron a year or two or it may have been one of the last seasons with Le Coq. Anyway one of the options was like Blackburn's alternate squares but obviously in red and white, thankfully that didn't win because it wasn't a Blades shirt!

2B. Agree that it would be best not to limit a vote just to ST holders.

I may be wrong as I'm no fashion or future trend expert, but with more and more people wanting bespoke products and the options for customisation these days it wouldn't surprise me if one club tries it and it permanently becomes the norm just like Kettering did all those years ago being the first to have a sponsor on their shirt. Fans are feeling more disconnected with football more than ever especially with Covid and the threat of the European Super League not so long ago, so more engagement and choice for fans in this way might be the way to go.

Thinking that it would be easier to sell the advertising space if there actually was a space.

If you have a vote, then the people who don't get their shirt might not like the one that wins and you have a diluted group of buyers.

Also it's 2021 so any vote would probably be taken over by bellends who vote for the obvious worst one (like the raspberry stripes version we had on the last kit vote I remember), and if you only did it via season tickets or something it's not fair on the other tens of thousand Blades who aren't season ticket holders and they'd moan.
They always sell pretty well because you're always going to have that core base who buy the shirt every year. Doesnt mean there isnt a different design that would sell a lot more

You can join, if you get the following question right.
What colours do Sheffield United play in at home?
But there are stripes on the front
Kits are for kids and middle aged men to wear on match days end of
Above is my original quote on the subject if you can show me where I have said I don't know what colour stripes our home kit Is I will join your group
Otherwise stop making a tit of yourself

Above is my original quote on the subject if you can show me where I have said I don't know what colour stripes our home kit Is I will join your group
Otherwise stop making a tit of yourself
It's based on your comment about not giving a shit if we have stripes or not, unless your a kid or middle age man.
Anyway, you can't join, for being a balloon head.

It's based on your comment about not giving a shit if we have stripes or not, unless your a kid or middle age man.
Anyway, you can't join, for being a balloon head.
The kits are for kids or middle aged men
The replica kits they sell in the shop are for kids and middle aged men
The kit the players wear is provided by the club ,they wear it as part of their job they would not be seen dead wearing a replica football shirt for love or money

What part of that don't you understand ?

Who's the fucking balloon head now ?

The kits are for kids or middle aged men
The replica kits they sell in the shop are for kids and middle aged men
The kit the players wear is provided by the club ,they wear it as part of their job they would not be seen dead wearing a replica football shirt for love or money

What part of that don't you understand ?

Who's the fucking balloon head now ?
I got muddled up. I thought we played in red and white stripes.
Obviously, I should have realised a complete white back was through and through the blades way.
Thanks for explaining Captain Balloon Head.

I got muddled up. I thought we played in red and white stripes.
Obviously, I should have realised a complete white back was through and through the blades way.
Thanks for explaining Captain Balloon Head.
You definitely got muddled up.

Or Sao Paolo, Celtic, Flemengo, DC United, Argentina etc. etc.

If United turn around to Adidas and say stripes, they give us stripes.

Contrast is the official line of UEFA... granted, we don't play in a UEFA competition.

Someone else alluded to it earlier.

It's a commercial decision. Add a half and half back and it looks odd... unless you add a number and name to the back. It's just a money spinning exercise by the club.

Frank the tank Many people care about the lack of stripes on the back. Yes they're for kids, not so sure on the middle aged part, I've seen people of all ages wearing them. They're charging fans £55 for home shirts as you know, for that price I expect a shirt that replicates Sheffield United's entire kit history until 2006 when we first started this awful trend of solid shirt backs. I don't want us to look like Derby County from the back as we did 3 years ago and I don't like the present efforts of a few token stripes on the back and then the rest all red like we're Barnsley or Liverpool.

1626710345875.png 1626710504231.png

Back
Top Bottom