2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can’t disagree with you about the price. They’re ludicrously expensive, especially when you consider they’re made in sweatshops by people paid pence.

A normal cotton t-shirt costs £25 nowadays.

McLaren had Daniel Ricciardo cotton t-shirts for sale a few months ago, just an orange t-shirt with 3 on the breast. £30.

Gildan t-shirts cost £3 on eBay, imagine how much they cost in bulk.

It's ridiculous.

A normal cotton t-shirt costs £25 nowadays.

McLaren had Daniel Ricciardo cotton t-shirts for sale a few months ago, just an orange t-shirt with 3 on the breast. £30.

Gildan t-shirts cost £3 on eBay, imagine how much they cost in bulk.

It's ridiculous.

Mental isn’t it.

Our first two kits from Adidas the red was like a blood red.
As the seasons went on, the red got lighter coloured.

Seen this new shirt in the flesh and the red colour seems perfect, suits United I think. Its kinda like the red from the Desun Le Coq Sportif kit.

Still don't think it beats the 2017/18 shirt though. Still my all time favourite... Although I do prefer the white Adidas stripes on red background.
I think United have an official shade of red which I think all the shirts should have but I’m not sure they do.

Couple of random thoughts on kits…

the best ever United shirt was the Tony Currie one and I’d love to see an Adidas version of that.

I like it when the badge colour matches the shirt ie.on away kits, black, gold or whatever. I know some don’t and think it should always be red.

mattbianco1 as you seem to be the de-facto shirt designer can you mock up what the name/number would look like in yellow on a red and white striped shirt please? Given that the issue doesn't appear to be stripes but contrasting the details on the back I wonder whether that's a solution.

Good to see I'm not the only one that wants a United shirt with striped shirt back. To me it's like saying I'd like my cup of tea hot please not cold, because, back to the shirt, a United shirt with solid back and solid sleeves isn't a United shirt as far as I'm concerned. At least with Brighton's striped shirt they have striped sleeves and from the front it's a decent kit. I wait with interest the Brentford kit as they've ditched Adidas a year or so ago in favour of Umbro and will they also end up with solid backs in the Prem.

mattbianco1 as you seem to be the de-facto shirt designer can you mock up what the name/number would look like in yellow on a red and white striped shirt please? Given that the issue doesn't appear to be stripes but contrasting the details on the back I wonder whether that's a solution.
It's nothing to do with contrasting the details, it's adidas' design that doesn't have stripes (apart from if you're Leeds, apparently)

It's nothing to do with contrasting the details, it's adidas' design that doesn't have stripes (apart from if you're Leeds, apparently)
Or Sao Paolo, Celtic, Flemengo, DC United, Argentina etc. etc.

If United turn around to Adidas and say stripes, they give us stripes.

Contrast is the official line of UEFA... granted, we don't play in a UEFA competition.

Be better with Black

1626448511016.png1626448551962.png

Or maybe a plain back 😂 😂

1626448581267.png

Last edited:
View attachment 116875

Adidas just don't want to do it. It's as simple as that.

Huddersfield have stripes too...Another Umbro kit, as do Stoke.

Reading have hoops all the way round... and West Brom don't have a solid back. Basically, whatever fucking idiot talks to Adidas at Utd, either doesn't give a shit what the fans want, or has got a backbone like a soggy kitkat!

Last edited:

£55 for a about £3 worth of material with sponsorship shite plastered all over the front and back of it... No thanks

Excuse for not reading through all thread. Has there been a mention of when the mini kits arrive in store?

£55 for a about £3 worth of material with sponsorship shite plastered all over the front and back of it... No thanks
Staff costs? Marketing? Admin costs? Tax?

It's a bit like saying you won't pay £5 for a pint because the ingredients only cost 40p. And then they have the cheek to serve it in a branded glass

I've been waiting to see what Brentford's home shirt would be like as they're of course now in the PL and have the same kit as us. Here's Umbro's effort. Can't find a view of the back but low and behold apparently does have stripes on the back! Wow, amazing stuff, it can be done after all! Stripes on the sleeves also. Really like it and have said for a while now I wish we could go back to Umbro, best shirts we've ever had. United please take note for likely extension of Adidas global design renewal.

The Umbro Brentford 2021-2022 home jersey brings a classic design with four white and three red stripes on the front, back and sleeves, the latter being slightly wider.

1626557588624.png

Umbro shirts over the last 5/10 years haven’t impressed me at all. Aside from the odd South American effort.

I've been waiting to see what Brentford's home shirt would be like as they're of course now in the PL and have the same kit as us. Here's Umbro's effort. Can't find a view of the back but low and behold apparently does have stripes on the back! Wow, amazing stuff, it can be done after all! Stripes on the sleeves also. Really like it and have said for a while now I wish we could go back to Umbro, best shirts we've ever had. United please take note for likely extension of Adidas global design renewal.

The Umbro Brentford 2021-2022 home jersey brings a classic design with four white and three red stripes on the front, back and sleeves, the latter being slightly wider.

View attachment 116951

I'd rather have Adidas than Umbro, just get Adidas to put stripes on the back.

Umbro quality isn't there imo, materials and designs are a bit happy shopper. Adidas shirts and teamwear are great.

Umbro got bought by Nike and then sold to some random supermarket magnate people I think, anyway, they're not the Umbro who last made our shirts.

Who gives a shiny shit if there are stripes on the back or not ?

It's a fucking football shirt
If you apply that kind of attitude who cares if there are stripes on the front? The club's colours are red and white stripes, not red and white on the front with red or white on the back with maybe a bit of both on the bottom.

View attachment 116951

Need to get the boffins in on this one. I did hear recently that Covid had hit stripe production globally and torrential rains across Europe had impacted also.

Need to get the boffins in on this one. I did hear recently that Covid had hit stripe production globally and torrential rains across Europe had impacted also.
Climate change has impacted the production of white stripes too

Back
Top Bottom