2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Also have to consider that even on here, a group of people who spend at least some of nearly every day talking about Sheffield United, that not everyone gives a toss about stripes on the back of the shirt. A lot of people prefer the visibility the back patch gives, so imagine the wider fanbase it's not even an issue.

If it didn't have stripes on the front then the entire fanbase would unite on that, stripes on the back, you'd have a hard time.

I’m one of the person who prefers the back patch, but even that preference is vague. It’s a football shirt, at the end of the day. As long as we play well in it, I couldn’t give much of a shite about the pattern.

Obviously there are some I prefer over others, but a design has never upset me to the degree that I moan continually about it on the internet. If I don’t like a shirt, I won’t buy it. I’ve got plenty that I do like and can still happily wear, and it’s more sustainable than buying a new one for each season anyway.

I’m one of the person who prefers the back patch, but even that preference is vague. It’s a football shirt, at the end of the day. As long as we play well in it, I couldn’t give much of a shite about the pattern.

Obviously there are some I prefer over others, but a design has never upset me to the degree that I moan continually about it on the internet. If I don’t like a shirt, I won’t buy it. I’ve got plenty that I do like and can still happily wear, and it’s more sustainable than buying a new one for each season anyway.

It doesn't really bother me, I think it's like 60/40 on preference striped back/back patch for me.

To be honest I hope for stripes on the back more so people on here are happy with it and positive rather than my own feelings, although saying that the negativity around the 18/19 kit didn't do us any harm.

Wonder how fast this would sell.

Screenshot-2021-07-13-at-20-10-01.png

Screenshot-2021-07-13-at-20-17-08.png

I’m sure there’s something you feel strongly about somewhere in life that I couldn’t give two shits about. The way of the world mate 👍🏼

Am I the only one who likes the back of the kit not striped? Basically, my eye sight is not what it used to be and I can't always tell who is who if I can't see the numbers, anything to make that easier is a bonus in my eyes.

It's a readability nightmare. Not sure why so many are persistent on it being a thing.

Sold out already, to me. I've bought the whole production run last week. And that's before Umbro haven't even not thought about never making anymore. Again.

Had long sleeved in 73/4
Good luck with getting it delivered. I've done a heist thing and raided the warehouse where the material wasn't stored and would have pinched the lot. I've then sold the farm and bought a sweat shop in the far east to make them up - my size only.

Can I just point out that I'm not continually moaning about it. I along with other fans have expressed a desire for striped shirts as was the case until we first did it in 2006 in the PL (from memory) and post the club's unveiling of the kit, I think now is the time to express an opinion on it and also the explanations of the club as to why we have solid back shirts.

I know there's far more pressing things in life to talk about, but it has just been unveiled as I say. Until next year's home kit unveiling I won't say another word on it! :D

Am I the only one who likes the back of the kit not striped? Basically, my eye sight is not what it used to be and I can't always tell who is who if I can't see the numbers, anything to make that easier is a bonus in my eyes.
Can I just add! lol! No one is saying we need fully striped backed shirts as such, but surely a number patch on the back would suffice for those that want to see a players number. I.e below from the 70's. Definitely last post now!

1626256929079.png

Good luck with getting it delivered. I've done a heist thing and raided the warehouse where the material wasn't stored and would have pinched the lot. I've then sold the farm and bought a sweat shop in the far east to make them up - my size only.
Yeh, but I'm sweat shop foreman.

Can I just point out that I'm not continually moaning about it. I along with other fans have expressed a desire for striped shirts as was the case until we first did it in 2006 in the PL (from memory) and post the club's unveiling of the kit, I think now is the time to express an opinion on it and also the explanations of the club as to why we have solid back shirts.

I know there's far more pressing things in life to talk about, but it has just been unveiled as I say. Until next year's home kit unveiling I won't say another word on it! :D
I wasn't suggesting that you were (although if the cap fits, wear it...), but you have to admit that some people have a tendency to fixate on a minor problem and blow it out of all proportion. We're in the middle of what could arguably be the most tumultuous period of living history as a club, and it baffles me that some people still find the time and energy to moan about the fact that our home shirt doesn't have stripes on it*.

The kit design is a fait accompli, and according to some next season's kit will already be nearing signoff. I'm looking forward to the season starting so we can get back to the real business of the SLAV IN/OUT polls every week, the overuse of the phrases 'flatters to deceive' and 'flat-track bully', and the election of the annual Sheffield United Scapegoat™ instead of talking about the tops our players wear.

*I well appreciate the irony of me moaning about people moaning about something, so you don't need to point that out, ta.

I wasn't suggesting that you were (although if the cap fits, wear it...), but you have to admit that some people have a tendency to fixate on a minor problem and blow it out of all proportion. We're in the middle of what could arguably be the most tumultuous period of living history as a club, and it baffles me that some people still find the time and energy to moan about the fact that our home shirt doesn't have stripes on it*.

The kit design is a fait accompli, and according to some next season's kit will already be nearing signoff. I'm looking forward to the season starting so we can get back to the real business of the SLAV IN/OUT polls every week, the overuse of the phrases 'flatters to deceive' and 'flat-track bully', and the election of the annual Sheffield United Scapegoat™ instead of talking about the tops our players wear.

*I well appreciate the irony of me moaning about people moaning about something, so you don't need to point that out, ta.
You like a moan don’t you?

You like a moan don’t you?
Moaning about other people moaning about things is my passion. Now to make it truly meta, we need someone to start moaning about me moaning about other people moaning about things.

Can I just add! lol! No one is saying we need fully striped backed shirts as such, but surely a number patch on the back would suffice for those that want to see a players number. I.e below from the 70's. Definitely last post now!

View attachment 116725

I do like the idea of number patches and would much prefer them to a full back, however, now we have names on the back aswell, i'm guessing (and it is a guess) that's why we see full blocks - so that names can be visible too.

In terms of options, i see the following:

1626265731368.png1626265517193.png1626265552253.png1626265708437.png

It also needs to look "OK" for retail sales. Whilst stripes or just a number patch look best IMO, the retail version would look like this:

1626265888815.png

That's based on stripes being that thick, if stripe thickness changes, it could look even better/worse:

1626265956590.png

If you were Gok wan Ainsley it would give you free licence to walk up to women and fondle their tits while talking bollocks . He's been getting away with it for years! The jammy twat.
Your first mistake was assuming that he doesn't already do that.

I do like the idea of number patches and would much prefer them to a full back, however, now we have names on the back aswell, i'm guessing (and it is a guess) that's why we see full blocks - so that names can be visible too.

In terms of options, i see the following:

View attachment 116738View attachment 116734View attachment 116735View attachment 116737

It also needs to look "OK" for retail sales. Whilst stripes or just a number patch look best IMO, the retail version would look like this:

View attachment 116739

That's based on stripes being that thick, if stripe thickness changes, it could look even better/worse:

View attachment 116740
As I said previously, it wouldn’t need to be done by adidas. It is part of a kit mans job to print sleeve patches, sponsors, numbers, names, BLM, NHS, etc etc. It would be a very simple job for a kit man to apply something that would allow for number legibility.

Names on player shirts has only been a thing since the mid 90’s. They don’t offer anything the number doesn’t. They are barely visible from the stands and having them on a solid background is not really going to change that.

The problems:

No stripes on back and sleeves
Black pinstripes
White collar and cuffs
Red socks

The good stuff:

No poncing about with the badge
Totally agree, though a black pin stripe dividing red&white I am not adverse to. In this case it looks as if the programmer hasn't read the instructions and created a complete aberration.
The rest of the shirt is 'Abhorrent', as far away from the Blades philosophy as can be possible.

Our first two kits from Adidas the red was like a blood red.
As the seasons went on, the red got lighter coloured.

Seen this new shirt in the flesh and the red colour seems perfect, suits United I think. Its kinda like the red from the Desun Le Coq Sportif kit.

Still don't think it beats the 2017/18 shirt though. Still my all time favourite... Although I do prefer the white Adidas stripes on red background.

Meanwhile, not a bad effort from our older neighbours down the A61 in terms of “that’s EXACTLY what I want my club’s shirt to look like”… 😮

Not sure if this is just a retro issue or they’ll actually be playing in it, but the sponsor suggests the latter!

View attachment 116669

I was just going to post that. Big fan of this one:

I quite like both of our kits this season, but they've really gone to town at Sheffield FC this year in terms of their kit and its marketing.

That said, I'm sure someone somewhere is absolutely fuming because they personally prefer the shade of black they played in back in 1863 or the alignment of the squares was better in 1879 😆

I quite like both of our kits this season, but they've really gone to town at Sheffield FC this year in terms of their kit and its marketing.

That said, I'm sure someone somewhere is absolutely fuming because they personally prefer the shade of black they played in back in 1863 or the alignment of the squares was better in 1879 😆
Pig fans will be fuming that they've all but ditched blue.

Home shirt - Red/Black
Away shirt - White/Red/Black
Third shirt - Black
Training shirt - Red
Warm up shirt - Blue 🤣

All about opinions and I admit I do really have a problem with a lack of stripes on the shirts, I don't see the kit as minor but in many ways it is, but it is something that fans of every club will moan about or say it's wonderful etc. The price of the kits in the first place is the major issue for me.

All about opinions and I admit I do really have a problem with a lack of stripes on the shirts, I don't see the kit as minor but in many ways it is, but it is something that fans of every club will moan about or say it's wonderful etc. The price of the kits in the first place is the major issue for me.
I can’t disagree with you about the price. They’re ludicrously expensive, especially when you consider they’re made in sweatshops by people paid pence.

Back
Top Bottom