2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw the shirts in Meadowhall today. Home shirt has a lovely material, away feels cheaper.

Someone told me the green will be the third although I’m not sure how that will work. It doesn’t offer enough contrast to the new away shirt I wouldn’t have thought.

I’ve decided I want Nike as our kit supplier once we’re done with adidas.

Someone told me the green will be the third although I’m not sure how that will work. It doesn’t offer enough contrast to the new away shirt I wouldn’t have thought.

I’ve decided I want Nike as our kit supplier once we’re done with adidas.

It doesn't need to contrast with the away shirt, just whoever the opposition is on the day. Therefore green will work fine against Bournemouth

It doesn't need to contrast with the away shirt, just whoever the opposition is on the day. Therefore green will work fine against Bournemouth
Well it does. The 21/22 away kit is dark; a dark third kit would not offer a contrast, therefore it’d need to be light.

The 20/21 third shirt was dark green.

Well it does. The 21/22 away kit is dark; a dark third kit would not offer a contrast, therefore it’d need to be light.

I agree. I don't think we can rock up at Bournemouth in any of these shirts:

1626788428826.png1626788444782.png1626788464541.png
1626788404443.png

I'd say the logical choice of 3rd kit if we're keeping one is the pink.

Yeah I think we'll keep the pink one. It's popular too (outside of here), plus the green one is cursed.

Both pink and green were in the clearance sales so they won't be used. Another shirt will be on it's way... probably white.

Both pink and green were in the clearance sales so they won't be used. Another shirt will be on it's way... probably white.

I'm sure the lime was too, but it got used in the first Prem season.

We didn't re-release it with the correct sponsor either.

"Are we having a third kit this year, only two have come out so far?

Nathan Hemmingham: "No. The club does not anticipate a need for a third shirt this season based on a review of opposition colours. If necessary, they will use a similar third shirt from the 2020/21 season."

I guess with a red/green clash, the Bournemouth game won't be on telly...

Not dark enough it seems. I don't see an issue. Brighton rocked up at ours in all forest green couple of years back and nobody batted an eyelid

"Are we having a third kit this year, only two have come out so far?

Nathan Hemmingham: "No. The club does not anticipate a need for a third shirt this season based on a review of opposition colours. If necessary, they will use a similar third shirt from the 2020/21 season."

I guess with a red/green clash, the Bournemouth game won't be on telly...

Yet Liverpool v SUFC last season was

Yet Liverpool v SUFC last season was
There was criticism that the kit choice was allowed - but then you look at the other options! Broadcasters can dictate kit choice in those situations (I think). Kieron McGuire on the Price of Football podcast has covered the issue a couple of times

There was criticism that the kit choice was allowed - but then you look at the other options! Broadcasters can dictate kit choice in those situations (I think). Kieron McGuire on the Price of Football podcast has covered the issue a couple of times

GettyImages-1282026549.jpg

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist. This colour scheme is absolutely fine against Bournemouth. We won't play full green top to bottom,

Not dark enough it seems. I don't see an issue. Brighton rocked up at ours in all forest green couple of years back and nobody batted an eyelid
I did. I complained to the Premier League about it and they said I was correct, Brighton should not have worn that kit.

Back
Top Bottom