2021/22 New Kit Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon II

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
Well, why fucking not? You got any better ideas to cheer us up?

I think Southampton's 'Peru'away kit is the dog's nadgers, I really do.

0_Leicester-Citys-Marc-Albrighton-left-and-Southamptons-Will-Smallbone.jpg

Take my money now club shop, if we were to get that as ours. If we're still with Adidas though, we'll just end up with another miserable, bland and generic Sunday league template. :confused:

Next seasons kits 100% have to be throwbacks to our most popular kits because they'll need to engender some good feeling what with the current squad looking like making us the worst team ever to grace the Premier League on our way to a last place relegation.

Basic, red and white stripes, front, BACK and sleeves. Black shorts, black socks with a minimal red and white trim. Preferably Hummel.

I don't care, but any kit where the primary colour is white (not red) means it all ends in tears. Remember that white thing with red pinstripes? Reyt load of good came out of that eh???

I don't care, but any kit where the primary colour is white (not red) means it all ends in tears. Remember that white thing with red pinstripes? Reyt load of good came out of that eh???

What about the one we got promoted to the Premier League in? I suppose that's technically going to end in tears too, just took a season to kick in...

some points from the article

Adidas again which is good.

due to the volume of shirts we sell it will be a bespoke kit

taking inspiration from LAFC for fashion items in the club shop

2311849A-8205-4ED8-B7F7-CF3FA256B134.jpeg
FDEB076B-7B2F-40E1-A3DE-F05CE61478C2.jpeg

We read what them ponces said on s2, and thought “fuck ‘em”

Ots a very good article, explains why no stripes on the back, how the relationship works, the design period and so on.

Just came in here to post this myself. Good article.

I would like to see our home kit take an element from the LA FC away shirt for next season, I really like the sleeve cuffs with the team name embroidered. In fact, just give me this shirt in red and white stripes front, back and sleeves, central red stripe, and keep the black elements! Any Photoshop wizards want to mock it up? 37785001_l.jpg

I always thought that when a branded manufacturer made us a kit, we told them what we want & they make it, this sounds like "tail wagging the dog" STRIPES FRONT & BACK.
I think you'll find that in this relationship we're very much the tail and we won't be wagging the dog any time soon 😉

I always thought that when a branded manufacturer made us a kit, we told them what we want & they make it, this sounds like "tail wagging the dog" STRIPES FRONT & BACK.

Template kits have been a thing for donkey's years, a lot of kits people really like are templates, just fortuitously for us at that time the template suited us.

I'd imagine the last time one of our kits was entirely designed by someone from Sheffield United was in the 1970s.

Another interesting off-season article from Nathan. Pretty lightweight but something interesting while nothing is happening.

So true - who's the flaming customer here?!

So true - who's the flaming customer here?!

Are we customers? Or are we just lopsided partners? They do most of the work providing kit and are paid with sales after the fact I imagine, so if we sell a lot it gives us a better position because they're more inclined to put themselves out for us, they know there's money in it.

That's why big clubs get posh kits, don't think they're paying out anymore for them, they just sell more product and get preferential treatment.

Why we stay with Adidas is the question, quality wise it's obvious, the Adidas stuff is well made no doubt but there've been design issues which might have made us look around, but maybe they take less money from total sales so we'll put up with it for the cash, maybe we just couldn't be arsed to take the giant Adidas logo off the South Stand...

I refuse to believe the awful pink shirts sold well as you just don't see many people wearing them. Actually that can be said for last seasons home shirt too if you see anyone in a United shirt it tends to be an older one.
If kit suppliers didn't insist on changing the shirts every season it would cut the chances of repetition by 50% but greed seems to rule when it comes to ripping off football fans. Without a doubt some of the best kits we have ever had were made by Umbro in the early 90's with a life span of two years and even those had one or two design faults.

I think you'll find that in this relationship we're very much the tail and we won't be wagging the dog any time soon 😉
Adidas has been my sportswear brand of choice for years, but sadly you're right on this one.
I wonder if it's occurred to them that giving the fans what they want would mean more shirts sold?

I refuse to believe the awful pink shirts sold well as you just don't see many people wearing them. Actually that can be said for last seasons home shirt too if you see anyone in a United shirt it tends to be an older one.
If kit suppliers didn't insist on changing the shirts every season it would cut the chances of repetition by 50% but greed seems to rule when it comes to ripping off football fans. Without a doubt some of the best kits we have ever had were made by Umbro in the early 90's with a life span of two years and even those had one or two design faults.

Not many opportunities for large amounts of people to be seen though in the last 15 months, especially relating to football.

Either they sold well full stop, or they sold average and they consistently underestimated demand.

Didn't sell badly though considering they went out of stock 3 times or summat

For me it's the only shirt I've seen people wearing. I rarely see anyone in the home shirt besides myself and despite them selling out immediately I rarely see the green. Perhaps the pink is more... fashionable but that's the last thing I'd know about.

Adidas has been my sportswear brand of choice for years, but sadly you're right on this one.
I wonder if it's occurred to them that giving the fans what they want would mean more shirts sold?
At greater cost and reduced margins for Adidas maybe?

That is a question not an assumption by the way, but if Adidas could see a bigger profit in it then I would have thought that they would do it, unless they feel that it may open a can of worms regarding other individual requests or damage the brand.

These decisions that may seem easy and logical to us are in fact incredibly complicated in the corporate world.

Back
Top Bottom