20 goal a season striker,

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we already have one, Mark Macnulty...

If Higgdon plays before him against Yeovil, lots going up.

Couldn't agree more, we already have that "20 goal hero" if we play him from the start. Just need someone alongside him.....that man could be Higdon but i'm not totally convinced just yet.

McNuts is quality but we need more fire power to help him.
I reckon we are struggling to get a loan as we only play one up front and that's not usually a striker (Baxter) so loans don't want to come to just sit on the bench. Need to have a game plan that has 2 up top which we can change into when we are on top.

do we need ched after all hes not playing the strikers we have. good win but after the goal we stood off them god knows why as we looked good going forward

Don't get me wrong, I <3 Baxter but when it was him versus the keeper a couple of times, I thought 'we might score here'. When McNulty got his chance, it was never in doubt. That's exactly why he should be starting.
exactly, not only a good finish but goals like that get scored by strikers because they take a gamble where midfielders don't. for me he starts, so does baxter as a false no 9 and then a midfield 4 behind that includes murphy and wallace (when fit), plus 2 from the others (to be honest, I'm not too bothered which 2 from basham, dolye, scougall, reid, flynn and JCR). It does show what good options we have in midfield that we have 6 for these 2 or 3 places)

Clough's excuse for not starting him is not a great one.
dDom

Good win at the end of the day and 3 points .McNulty changed the game when brought on and did a tremendous amount of work off the ball . We did ride our luck but it is about time , luck is on our side . I do not think it was Mr Clough who instructed the players to drop deep , it looked like they did it on there own accord with the thought , shit , we are 1 nil , 2nil up , what shall we do . Wins , luck and clean sheets give the players and fans confidence . Watching it on the box you do not always get the full picture of a game. Baxter looked knackered to me , and made some bad decisions which put us under pressure . McNulty has to be given a full 90 minutes and he does have confidence . Good following again ,overall a good day and result .

More positives than negatives , and moving up the league. Mr Clough will sort out the shit ,what shall we do with the ball syndrome, on the training ground. Enjoyed the win , the day , with improvement coming. JCR- off the bench impact player next time Mr Clough.

UTB

We will never hav a 20 goal a season player as he needs someone to put it on his head with quality deliveries, JCR hasn't got it, the only player capable of feeding a top striker is now far down Cloughs favourites list he is prob on his way out of BL

I thought we played well and I also think that NC easing Mcnutts in to a new league system is the right choice.

That being said he can't be far from a run of games.

If I am remembering rightly (and I'm sure if I'm not then someone well tell me) Pesci was also always more of a threat coming off the bench than when he started.

2 in 2 as sub, he has to start the next game. He looks more of a out and out striker than anyone else we have in the team that is for sure.

We will never hav a 20 goal a season player as he needs someone to put it on his head with quality deliveries, JCR hasn't got it, the only player capable of feeding a top striker is now far down Cloughs favourites list he is prob on his way out of BL
Do you mean Davies? I have to say I'm surprised he isn't starting either at RB or RM. As a RB, I wouldn't want him up against an out an out winger but there aren't too many of those in league 1. As a RM, he's probably the best at the club

I do mean Davies, contributed a lot to our good run last season, consitent this season and scored some good and Iimportant goals , I agree we have quite a few midfielders but can you name one that warrants a start every game, they have all been inconsistent all season but NC still picks them, just rotates them, talk is that NC wants to keep playing these players in hope that oneday they will click, wake up Mr Clough or you will be out on your ass and you can only blame yourself !!

we already have one, Mark Macnulty...

If Higgdon plays before him against Yeovil, lots going up.

Fully agree, however Clough's interview after the game on Sky wasn't encouraging, I suspect he is behind the higgopotimous on Clough's radar at the moment

Last edited:
Do you mean Davies? I have to say I'm surprised he isn't starting either at RB or RM. As a RB, I wouldn't want him up against an out an out winger but there aren't too many of those in league 1. As a RM, he's probably the best at the club

Don't know about that. We've got three right midfielders on the books (Davies, Flynn and Campbell-Ryce) and they're all much of a muchness. Campbell-Ryce is the most attacking and deservedly started against Bradford as he was superb off the bench against Orient but he disappointed me with his final ball. Flynn is the most tactically aware of the three while Davies puts in a real shift every time he plays.

Davies is also decent cover at right back but he's not as good as Alcock. To be honest, I said in the summer that I didn't think we needed to sign him and I'm sticking to that opinion. No doubt he's a decent pro, he's good around the dressing room and his free kicks/penalties are very good; the fundamental issue is that at this level you need two players at most for every position and he's a third right midfielder.

Clough spoke about having a core of 18 players earlier in the summer - by my reckoning, we're up to 21 (excluding Cuvelier (inj), McFadzean, Butler and Long (all on loan)) with 4 more U21s who have made first team appearances. That's a first team squad of 25 which is far too many.

GKs: Howard, Turner, [Long]

DF: Alcock, McGahey, Collins, [Butler], Harris, McEveley, Kennedy

MF: Doyle, Wallace, McGinn, Flynn, Murphy, Scougall, Campbell-Ryce, Davies, Basham, [McFadzean], [Cuvelier], Reed, Dimaio

FW: Porter, Baxter, Higdon, McNulty, [Di Girolamo], Khan

He's the best finisher at the club. I'd love to see him in a front 2

Back
Top Bottom