Mark Clattenburg on United and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

View attachment 177949

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.
Clearly this isnā€™t the attitude amongst referees as we were awarded the penalty.

Class 1 prick. In these comments he's basically admitting that refs go into games with pre-formed (negative) opinions about certain clubs/players.

It's not quite as bad as Mike Dean's admission of actual cheating, but it's not far off.

One day, it will be revealed that a large number of referees have been bent, or paid off, for a long time. I hope that when it happens, they are all punished with extreme prejudice.

Clattenburg has always hated us and I was there the minute it started .
Walsall away fairly sure 1999 or , 2000 at the Bescot.
We should have had a penalty it was blatant and he gave a corner .
He stood near the blades fans who were all by now thst close to the pitch they were so close.
He got spat at every name called a totally volley of abuse and he turned round and put his finger to his lips then smiled.
A very arrogant rocky bloke , can't stand him blades have him some grief that day he was awful.

Clattenburg has always hated us and I was there the minute it started .
Walsall away fairly sure 1999 or , 2000 at the Bescot.
We should have had a penalty it was blatant and he gave a corner .
He stood near the blades fans who were all by now thst close to the pitch they were so close.
He got spat at every name called a totally volley of abuse and he turned round and put his finger to his lips then smiled.
A very arrogant rocky bloke , can't stand him blades have him some grief that day he was awful.
You lose all credibility when talking about spitting at people.

Found his true calling now he's on Gladiators.

Found his true calling now he's on Gladiators.
It's a shame they chose him. My boys (and I, admittedly) love Gladiators and has become part of our family Sunday routine, but it's definitely a struggle to see past him considering he still loves to make it about him where possible!

Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

View attachment 177949

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.
The first rule of being a ref is to not go into a game with any pre conceived opinionsā°. Yet he's one that obviously starts games with a
Mindset that leads to affected opinions. Plus It was a penalty 8 refs said so. 4 at the Lane and 4 at Stockley Park

Back
Top Bottom