Mark Clattenburg on United and McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Proper Blade

Reaction score
Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

1705925142557.png

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.

Although I get a bit tired of everyone screaming bias and corruption against us, these are pretty worrying comments from ex-PL ref Mark Clattenburg.

View attachment 177949

Basically saying you know what type of team Sheff United are, and you know what type of player McBurnie is, so you know they're going to foul the goalkeeper. So he's saying you should have already made up your mind about us before making the decision?

Is this attitude shared across the rest of the Premier League referees? Judging by the fouls on McBurnie that go unpunished every week, you'd have to say yes.
Sums referee's up

View attachment 177949

He should stick to Gladiators. A poor man's John Anderson

View attachment 177949

I think his remarks need investigating, shocking comments.

I would be very surprised if referees didn't have some sort of brief about specific players and their tendencies on the pitch. Think he's a bit of a prat but Zaha was absolutely on the money when he said he'd need to have his leg broken in order to win a foul, he got smashed to bits game after game and play was waved on.

View attachment 177949

So nothing about the defender shoving him into the keeper then... ok

I would be very surprised if referees didn't have some sort of brief about specific players and their tendencies on the pitch. Think he's a bit of a prat but Zaha was absolutely on the money when he said he'd need to have his leg broken in order to win a foul, he got smashed to bits game after game and play was waved on.
That's one thing, but to say 'you know he's going to disrupt the goalkeeper' would be like saying 'you know Zaha is going to dive.' That's not being aware of each player's tendencies - it's having pre-conceived notions about players that cloud your decision making.

And then he chucks in the name of our club to boot, as if cheating and fouling is in our DNA. Shocking really.

I think his remarks need investigating, shocking comments.
Yep. Refs are quick to play the "bringing the game into disrepute" card when it's managers or players generalising about specific refs, this is just a Warnock style rant in the other direction and should be similarly condemned

That's one thing, but to say 'you know he's going to disrupt the goalkeeper' would be like saying 'you know Zaha is going to dive.' That's not being aware of each player's tendencies - it's having pre-conceived notions about players that cloud your decision making.

And then he chucks in the name of our club to boot, as if cheating and fouling is in our DNA. Shocking really.
Yep, that's my point mate, there was a massive bias against Zaha so there must have been some sort of caution along the lines of him being a diving player.

I think even in the Championship and definitely for a long time, we've been a very honest team. If one of our lads stays down after a challenge, you know they are genuinely hurt. Clattenburg has always been a muppet and his comments here are unjust, unfair and uncalled for.

He's a twat. I remember after that Spurs-Chelsea game that decided the title a few years ago (when Leicester won it), he came out with some guff about how his "gameplan" was to allow Spurs to self-destruct. He admitted that he didn't send off a Spurs player because he didn't want to get the blame if they lost.

Yep, that's my point mate, there was a massive bias against Zaha so there must have been some sort of caution along the lines of him being a diving player.

I think even in the Championship and definitely for a long time, we've been a very honest team. If one of our lads stays down after a challenge, you know they are genuinely hurt. Clattenburg has always been a muppet and his comments here are unjust, unfair and uncalled for.
watched the foul on Mcatee for which the West Ham player was sent off. James tripped and got straight back up and carried on, not you r usual premier league player behaviour.

View attachment 177949

That's just what I wanted to hear along with what Mike Dean was saying a few months back. Pretty much sums up what many of us have thought for years they are totally bent the officials in the UK game.

It isn't conspiracy, it isn't rumour anymore they are pretty much outright admitting to it.

I like how he talks about if you know football whilst forgetting there is no law saying GK have to come out and punch crosses

If GK stays on his line there is no contact, simple as

GK chooses to engage in a position where he knowingly will have to engage physical contact to climb over a player to clear the ball

Years ago admittedly but an ex ref came on a training course I did. He said exactly that. We got talking about the Blades and it was during the Warnock era. He said all the refs knew the players to look out for and what sort of things to watch out for them doing. I did say doesn’t that take away your impartiality and he sort of agreed it did.
Had a couple of Warnock related humourous tales to tell too.

View attachment 177949

This is why the smaller clubs get bad decisions constantly.

I love how those dirty essex based mockney barrow boys are crying. Fucking beautiful. Should be more bothered about their team's performance which was football aids. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom