First goal last night

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
Has a Sheffield United team ever scored a goal before the other team have even had a touch of the ball? If we have, I can't recall it.

I remember in the 4-2 win at Oxford back in 1997 Deano scored after about 17 seconds (but I'm pretty sure at least one of their players touched the ball before Deano put it in the back of the net).

Has a Sheffield United team ever scored a goal before the other team have even had a touch of the ball? If we have, I can't recall it.

I remember in the 4-2 win at Oxford back in 1997 Deano scored after about 17 seconds (but I'm pretty sure at least one of their players touched the ball before Deano put it in the back of the net).
I was there and I don’t think Oxford did touch the ball.

Peter Withe scored after 18 seconds v Barnsley in 1985-6, but Barnsley kicked off.

I was there and I don’t think Oxford did touch the ball.

Peter Withe scored after 18 seconds v Barnsley in 1985-6, but Barnsley kicked off.

You're right! Oxford didn't touch the ball before we scored. There were some great away days in the early part of that 97/98 season, but Oxford away was my favourite.

You're right! Oxford didn't touch the ball before we scored. There were some great away days in the early part of that 97/98 season, but Oxford away was my favourite.

That was my first season following United away. We drew 2 and won 3 of our first 6 away, then didn’t win away again all season after Reading on November 4th. Quite a drop off!

Have we scored a better team goal than that this season ? Hamer’s pass and BBD’s finish were superb.

That was my first season following United away. We drew 2 and won 3 of our first 6 away, then didn’t win away again all season after Reading on November 4th. Quite a drop off!
I was at Reading - Patterson rolled in the winner from about 6 inches - and also at the next away win, 2-0 at Oxford in October 1998, the wettest game ever.

We would've done if we hadn't have sold our two best players.

Still, the main thing is we learnt the lesson of that and never repeated that same mistake again.

Oh...
No, the top 3 were a lot better than us week in week out. We were inconsistent and had a lot of injuries.

The early goal must have upset the ref. We never had a chance of anything with his bias which was clear to everyone.

This shows my age, but over 60 years ago, in October 1963, Burnley 1 Sheffield United 2. What was remarkable about this game was that Ronnie Simpson, a vastly underrated player in my opinion, scored both goals for United, the first after 8 seconds and the other after 8 minutes. I assume United kicked off and so I doubt any Burnley player touched the ball before the first goal.

After 8 seconds in October 1963. Still our fastest goal in history

This shows my age, but over 60 years ago, in October 1963, Burnley 1 Sheffield United 2. What was remarkable about this game was that Ronnie Simpson, a vastly underrated player in my opinion, scored both goals for United, the first after 8 seconds and the other after 8 minutes. I assume United kicked off and so I doubt any Burnley player touched the ball before the first goal.
Just beat me to this. See reports in the link I provided. Burnley didnt touch the ball

Have we scored a better team goal than that this season ? Hamer’s pass and BBD’s finish were superb.
And the touch from McBurnie to put it straight into Hamer’s path (of course McBurnie is shit to some because he doesn’t sprint after the defenders for 90 minutes…)

Dunno but I just fooking loved it. More please Ben!

That finish by Brereton Diaz was so so good and I honestly think he could have changed the outcome of last night if he hadn't had to go off.

Don't think it's been mentioned anywhere, all media having a love in with crystal Palace and there goals.

Did we once score at home in the eighties after about 10 seconds. I want to say Paul Garner at the kop end but I could be miles off

Ron Simpson had a thunderbolt of a shot.

Back
Top Bottom