16 F*cking minutes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

F@@@ me our fans love playing the woe is me card

There was 12 minutes added because we time wasted loads and 12 minutes is fair

We lost because we bottled it in the last 5 minutes after a great performance

It’s Not the refs fault we lost , there was also a stonewall penalty on Maddison that VAR ignored

The whole oh the media didn’t say we were the greatest team in the world is boring
Not a pen. The Prem has thankfully got rid of the "there's contact it's a foul" bollocks that TV invented. That's all over the pitch, not just in the penalty area.Now it's "is there enough contact to justify a foul". . Both players were static and and Bash tapped his ankle. His fall to the floor was totally unnatural and extremely exaggerated. Unless there was a landmine there, he had zero justification to go down.

That was one of eight penalty appeals by Spurs btw. No players were booked for simulation. To be clear that particular example wasn't simulation as there was contact. It was a fantastic decision on a day of otherwise terrible decisions.

Not a pen. The Prem has thankfully got rid of the "there's contact it's a foul" bollocks that TV invented. That's all over the pitch, not just in the penalty area.Now it's "is there enough contact to justify a foul". . Both players were static and and Bash tapped his ankle. His fall to the floor was totally unnatural and extremely exaggerated. Unless there was a landmine there, he had zero justification to go down.

That was one of eight penalty appeals by Spurs btw. No players were booked for simulation. To be clear that particular example wasn't simulation as there was contact. It was a fantastic decision on a day of otherwise terrible decisions.

I don’t think it was he clipped his ankles it was a stone wall pen

The same with the Larouci one at the city ground

I don’t think it was he clipped his ankles it was a stone wall pen

The same with the Larouci one at the city ground

He tapped his ankles when.they were both static. That's no longer pen material. The dive is totally embarrassing. I've admittedly zero confidence they'll apply the rule consistently

He tapped his ankles when.they were both static. That's no longer pen material. The dive is totally embarrassing. I've admittedly zero confidence they'll apply the rule consistently

Maybe

Would it be a foul on the half way line ?

Yes every day of the week

So why isn’t it a pen ? He went down easily but that doesn’t mean it’s not a penalty

It's not that strange.
They're the best teams, they score the most goals generally. They have the most squad depth and the best subs to bring on (as we saw).
This.

Its obvious that the best teams will find a way through the longer they play.

Most of the time, Liverpool and Man City only use 2 or 3 subs because they're generally winning anyway, but when the going gets tough, they can launch loads of superstars on the pitch.

AFTER we scored other day, Tottenham brought on - Johnson, Perisic, Richarlison, Emerson Royal & Hojberg...

Our bench is made up of Benie Traore and Will Osula

Both players should be retrospectively banned for pathetic dives.

I do think the Maddison one is a penalty. Basham kicks his ankle, but it's the blatant dive (cheating) that gets me annoyed

Have people not been paying attention to the rule changes and what’s been happening this season?! Fuck about and waste time and they’ll add loads on. 10+ mins is normal this season from what I’ve seen. Don’t give the ref the opportunity and then we have a valid complaint, we don’t have that excuse today.
I get that and its correct to do so. However, it aint consistently being applied is it? Arsenal v Everton yesterday - 4 mins.....Arsenal took 26 seconds to take a corner. I am all for it being "fair" but when some games are lasting 1/6 longer time wise and others seem reasonable then its ridiculous.

McBurnie got that 2nd booking for dissent. OK, so he wasn't really fouled at all and it was our last chance, but they have to learn what they're going to get if they carry on moaning like this.

We almost shithoused our way to a famous win, and I was actually pretty proud of them as at times we played very nicely, but you can't concede that many opportunities to get the ball into our box before someone switches off.

We have to do something more than have everyone hang off our own crossbar like bats. In the last 20 minutes that's all we were doing. We have the players now to surprise a few. This is a much, much better side/squad than we ended last season with.
Yeah he did, Pickford told the linesman to "f**k off" repeatedly yesterday. Where was his booking?

We play on Monday, so yes it is quite boring at the moment.

No worries from here about relegation because we have seen how bad the teams near the bottom actually are this year.

People have been telling us an FFP shitstorm has been coming for 7 years, never has - never will under this ownership. It's pure envy that we want to spend money. We can afford to waste 100k a week on Lingard, but thanks for your concern.

I have always came on here fairly respectful but much like at matches you get nothing but hostility from some of the neanderthal Sheffield United fan base.

In honesty mate I’d worry about your own team rather than laughing at ours.

You managed to limp past us at home when we barely had a team, and you were under the cosh for large periods. Your first goal was also a mistake from us, your second you managed to get past one of our academy graduates who should be nowhere near the team.

Watching that game gave me hope that we’ll make a go of it even if we don’t have enough to stay up.

Forest on the other hand had a settled team and looked very shaky. Yes you managed to beat Chelsea (who can’t score for toffee atm, see this weekend v Bournemouth) and put two past Man U, before losing. Your second in that game was by accident.

We’re getting better every week, you’ve beat a weak us far from convincingly.

I get that and its correct to do so. However, it aint consistently being applied is it? Arsenal v Everton yesterday - 4 mins.....Arsenal took 26 seconds to take a corner. I am all for it being "fair" but when some games are lasting 1/6 longer time wise and others seem reasonable then its ridiculous.
The big clubs and teams like us don’t play to the same rules though, never have done and never will do. It’s not a new thing.

If PL part timers like us, Luton, Burnley etc. waste time against perceived ‘top’ clubs then the refs will award them more time.

There’s ‘game management’ and there’s ‘wasting time’, we need to get better at the former and cut out the latter or we’ll keep falling foul of the same problem this season. We were wasting time at 0-0 as much as some pretend we weren’t.

absolutely no way the ref would have added 12 minutes if spurs had been 1 up same thing yesterday at goodison arsenal 1 up only 4 minutes added and dyche knew it he was ranting about it to the 4th official im afraid if we didnt know it before we know now after only a month of the season this premier league smells very dirty in its bias towards the big clubs

Both players should be retrospectively banned for pathetic dives.

I do think the Maddison one is a penalty. Basham kicks his ankle, but it's the blatant dive (cheating) that gets me annoyed

It's subjective. The question now ( the same as it's been for the vast majority of football history btw) is: could James Maddison reasonably have stayed on his feet or was he significantly impeded? In my opinion, yes, he could've. He took a light kick and rolled around. Last year he gets that, no question. The constant inconsistency and TV led "there was contact" conditioning will make it a nightmare to judge these and face the flak. Pens and general fouls should be more inclined to fast movements and trips as they make it much harder to stay on your feet.

Last edited:
Yes, it's wrong, and it's bollocks.

Some fans go to matches, you know. You and your nemesis had something in common after all.

I went to spurs got the train down at 7 am and got the train back at 9pm

So don’t question whether I’m a part time fan or I’m not a proper fan I’ll have spent the best part of £200 altogether as many will have done and I will do the same v West Ham in two weeks

My opinion has as much weight as yours or the next blades fan

You aren’t actually saying anything your just insulting me either ignore me or reply with an opinion and I’ll happily have a debate/discussion with you

The whole defeatist woe is me attitude will get us nowhere

It's subjective. The question now is( the same as it's been for the vast majority of football history btw) could James Maddison reasonably gave stayed on his feet? In my opinion, yes. The constant inconsistency and TV led "there was contact" conditioning will make nakes

He probably could have stayed up ?

But why would he stay up when he’s been clipped in the box

Would mcburnie stay up if that happened , absolutely no chance

And If he’d have stayed up I’d be fuming with him

Penalties are now getting far too complicated

For me it should I be is it a foul or not a foul ? Why on earth are penalties judged differently to fouls anywhere else on the pitch

For me it should I be is it a foul or not a foul ? Why on earth are penalties judged differently to fouls anywhere else on the pitch

They aren't. That's the rule everywhere on the pitch now. They've been told to let things go. Football has gone a bit back to what it used to be. In that direction anyway. The hope is that it stops the Tom Daleys as the bar for a foul is higher - no point trying to win pens after minimal contact. Good example in this game:

Agree with you. If that had been Hamer going down we would have been screaming for a pen, calling the ref all sorts of names,a 20 page thread on how we had been robbed. If Wes was Angus Gunn we would have slaughtered him for years, we would probably have a chant something like;" Take your time and play football the Norwich way". Oh, hang on.
It's hard to take losing to late goals but if those where the tactics let's hope lessons have been learnt. First rule of football ; keep the home crowd quite, don't wind them up.

Agree with you. If that had been Hamer going down we would have been screaming for a pen, calling the ref all sorts of names,a 20 page thread on how we had been robbed. If Wes was Angus Gunn we would have slaughtered him for years, we would probably have a chant something like;" Take your time and play football the Norwich way". Oh, hang on.
It's hard to take losing to late goals but if those where the tactics let's hope lessons have been learnt. First rule of football ; keep the home crowd quite, don't wind them up.
They aren't. That's the rule everywhere on the pitch now. They've been told to let things go. Football has gone a bit back to what it used to be. In that direction anyway. The hope is that it stops the Tom Daleys as the bar for a foul is higher - no point trying to win pens after minimal contact. Good example in this game:

Maybe ? But it is a foul he’s clipped his ankles and fouled him

This.

Its obvious that the best teams will find a way through the longer they play.

Most of the time, Liverpool and Man City only use 2 or 3 subs because they're generally winning anyway, but when the going gets tough, they can launch loads of superstars on the pitch.

AFTER we scored other day, Tottenham brought on - Johnson, Perisic, Richarlison, Emerson Royal & Hojberg...

Our bench is made up of Benie Traore and Will Osula
My issue with the new 5 sub rule. It totally favours the bigger clubs with the biggest squads. In the passed Spuds would have to have decided between 3 of those 5. I am totally and utterly against 5 sub rule. For me, I dont understand it during our season which is played in generally shitty weather. Its not as if they are playing in 40 degree heat. The rule is wrong and needs reducing back to 3 or 4.

Yeah he did, Pickford told the linesman to "f**k off" repeatedly yesterday. Where was his booking?

Several have also remarked, as I did during the game as well, that that uber-prick Madison was the one reffing the game. Should he have been carded, yes.

Unfortunately they're not consistent and they favour big teams and 'name' players, but if you go up to the ref whining and carrying on, no matter how justified you think you are, you're asking for trouble. Just as Basham was when he made a needless challenge on the edge of our box that could well have resulted in a penalty. That one we got away with.

McBurnie has to learn from it, as do the others. And hopefully we won't make such an embarrassing act of wasting time as we did on Saturday in the future, or at least try and do it with more subtlety.

Really not seeing much sympathy for our cause in the media at the mo.
Simple matter of fact is we wasted a decent amount of time knowing that the refs are hyper sensitive to it this season and then collapsed.
It's shite but I don't think we have much of a leg to stand on.

My issue with the new 5 sub rule. It totally favours the bigger clubs with the biggest squads. In the passed Spuds would have to have decided between 3 of those 5. I am totally and utterly against 5 sub rule. For me, I dont understand it during our season which is played in generally shitty weather. Its not as if they are playing in 40 degree heat. The rule is wrong and needs reducing back to 3 or 4.
have to agree as with everything else in the premier league it favours the bigger wealthier clubs and its not going to change its all about big money these days the media press and tv companies want the big clubs to succeed it produces more revenue for em

The game is broken!

Every rule change is designed to make it less and less likely for the wealthy teams to lose.

It's a fuckin' joke that a club with billions to spare can literally hoard world class players and if they aren't winning a particular match they can replace 50% of their outfield players with fresh, equally as brilliant outfield players.

And then just to make it even more impossible for an upset to happen, under new "directives" they can have an extra 10-15 minutes of play with their fresh, eager to impress, multi-million pound subs.

I don't think our second half 'time wasting' was anything extraordinary on Saturday. Spurs simply got wound up because they were trailing after expecting to put 3 or 4 past us.

McAtee's first game of the season, goes down with cramp and is subbed off.

Bogle's first game of the season, goes down with cramp and is subbed off.

Foderingham elbowed in the face and receives treatment for a cut.

The only other stoppages were their own fucktard fans throwing balls on the pitch during open play.

I guessed 10 mins.

If the boot had been on the other foot then many United fans would have agreed with the added time and said karma.

It's the hypocrisy of football fans everywhere

Some of the arguments about the ref giving Spurs the chance to equalise falls down when you see he played 16 mins in total and allowed us the chance too.

I'm not against this current directive but it clearly needs managing in a more transparent manner for clarity and fairness.

I don't think the standard of refereeing in this country is too hot but I don't think it's helped either by the constant law changes and complicated directives.

Any of us who've watched football for any length of time will probably agree that in general the bigger clubs at any level seem to get more decisions. However, I'm far from convinced that there's an orchestrated agenda to punish or go against clubs like ourselves.

With how we've played so far, we have to expect that we're not going to be winning friends. Personally I'm not fussed but you can't expect the big boys to all be glowing about us.

How quickly some forget the reaction by our fans in recent years when teams have parked the bus at the Lane.

Back
Top Bottom