16 F*cking minutes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score
Added on at the end of 2nd half. More than a third of the standard 45.

How is it possible for such an amount to be added?

You can bet that had they been 1 - 0 up it would have been nowhere near that. Strange how the top 5 teams to score the most late winners are:

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. SPURS
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea

I'm sure Man City will soon enter that list. Armchair fans will argue that it's because they have better players, bollocks. The bigger teams in this league always receive preferential treatment.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying it's corruption - I don't believe it is. I just think referee's and officials have no backbone. Also no matter what measures are put in place to ensure parity, it's human nature to be biased towards certain outcomes.

You can bet that had they been 1 - 0 up it would have been nowhere near that. Strange how the top 5 teams to score the most late winners are:

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. SPURS
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea

I'm sure Man City will soon enter that list. Armchair fans will argue that it's because they have better players, bollocks. The bigger teams in this league always receive preferential treatment.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying it's corruption - I don't believe it is. I just think referee's and officials have no backbone. Also no matter what measures are put in place to ensure parity, it's human nature to be biased towards certain outcomes.

It's not that strange.
They're the best teams, they score the most goals generally. They have the most squad depth and the best subs to bring on (as we saw).

I know folk are angry but the corruption shouts are a bit overblown today. The ref was throwing cards around like confetti but he didn't seem overly bias towards Spurs (not like the comms).

We nearly pulled off a smash and grab (again) but were beaten by the better side (again). It's heartbreaking but it is what it is. We move on.

Have people not been paying attention to the rule changes and what’s been happening this season?! Fuck about and waste time and they’ll add loads on. 10+ mins is normal this season from what I’ve seen. Don’t give the ref the opportunity and then we have a valid complaint, we don’t have that excuse today.

It's not that strange.
They're the best teams, they score the most goals generally. They have the most squad depth and the best subs to bring on (as we saw).

I know folk are angry but the corruption shouts are a bit overblown today. The ref was throwing cards around like confetti but he didn't seem bias towards Spurs.

We nearly pulled off a smash and grab (again) but were beaten by the better side (again). It's heartbreaking but it is what it is. We move on.
Never said it was corrupt mate, I'm saying big teams get preferential treatment, and nothing anyone says will change my opinion.

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. SPURS
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea

I don't think it's completely down to referees having no backbone (cos some don't against the big six teams) but also because there's no consistency between ref's and VAR in different games. All the decisions and how things are officiated seems to change with different ref's in different games.

In actuality it should be that all of the referee and VAR decisions should at least have some level of consistency in all the games which isn't happening.

Man City don't score many late winners because they're nearly always already winning.

Was there today and to be honest the added time was fair enough, we’d time wasted so so much that second half. Whole point of this new rule is to cut out time wasting so hopefully we’ll learn from it. Easy to blame the ref when emotions are so high but ultimately we couldn’t defend a corner properly which has cost us.

If you spend the entire game time wasting and stopping the flow of the game you are going to get 10+ minutes added on every game

Fcked if you do and fcked if you don't for clubs like United tho. If we didn't approach these fixtures sitting deep and grinding out, we'd be steam rollered every week. Instead, we'll now routinely snatch defeat in the 90 +10s.

Never said it was corrupt mate, I'm saying big teams get preferential treatment, and nothing anyone says will change my opinion.
They didn’t today - they benefited from the added time but they didn’t get any preferential treatment today

Strange how the top 5 teams to score the most late winners are:

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. SPURS
4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea

I don’t know who scored the most late winners in the Championship last season, but I suspect that us, Burnley, Boro, Luton, Coventry and Sunderland will be up there.

I don't think it's completely down to referees having no backbone (cos some don't against the big six teams) but also because there's no consistency between ref's and VAR in different games. All the decisions and how things are officiated seems to change with different ref's in different games.

In actuality it should be that all of the referee and VAR decisions should at least have some level of consistency in all the games which isn't happening.
Spurs had a number of penalty attempts/appeals turned down. So how come none of their players got booked for diving?

How come Van De Ven didn't get booked for a shirt pull on McBurnie less than ten minutes after Basham got booked. Same player then cynically took McBurnie out and still didn't get booked. Finally going at Wes long after the ball had gone and he gets a yellow. There was enough there for a red. Yet McBurnie tries to shake off Johnson grappling him and he gets a second yellow that we can't now appeal.

It's a fucking stitch up this league.

I'm sure the laughs you are providing us will keep coming this season, keep it up!

It's really enjoyable you chaps thinking you are actually going to stay in the league.
Your club that boring you have to come on here?

On the topic of funny, wasting 100k a week on Lingard, and the FFP shit storm coming your way is and will be hilarious!

Also amusing that you seem to think Forest won't be involved in the relegation conversation?

I'm sure the laughs you are providing us will keep coming this season, keep it up!

It's really enjoyable you chaps thinking you are actually going to stay in the league.
Scab....hope the rumours are true re you signing Sancho...when the fat Greek bloke fucks off or the PL decide they can be arsed l to look at your books its going to be the biggest implosion we've seen in football so far

Your club that boring you have to come on here?

On the topic of funny, wasting 100k a week on Lingard, and the FFP shit storm coming your way is and will be hilarious!

Also amusing that you seem to think Forest won't be involved in the relegation conversation?
We play on Monday, so yes it is quite boring at the moment.

No worries from here about relegation because we have seen how bad the teams near the bottom actually are this year.

People have been telling us an FFP shitstorm has been coming for 7 years, never has - never will under this ownership. It's pure envy that we want to spend money. We can afford to waste 100k a week on Lingard, but thanks for your concern.

I have always came on here fairly respectful but much like at matches you get nothing but hostility from some of the neanderthal Sheffield United fan base.

We may very well go down, but please, stop talking like you’re an established PL team, before last season it was 98/99 when you were in the top division..

No worries from here about relegation because we have seen how bad the teams near the bottom actually are this year.

People have been telling us an FFP shitstorm has been coming for 7 years, never has - never will under this ownership. It's pure envy that we want to spend money. We can afford to waste 100k a week on Lingard, but thanks for your concern.

I have always came on here fairly respectful but much like at matches you get nothing but hostility from some of the neanderthal Sheffield United fan base.
Scab scum

Take this post and see how condescending, entitled, and cuntish your reply is.

Prick.

Also the scab insult hasn't actually offended anybody this century, if you know what century it is. It is difficult to tell in Sheffield.

I don't think many of our lot think we'll survive but we're living within our modest means and we're competing pretty well.

We defend solidly as a unit and we pack a bit of a punch at the other end. Results aren't coming yet but they will. You boys looked dead and buried at points last season but came good eventually.

I don't think we will be better than 3 other side's this season but we'll not embarrass ourselves either.

So Richarlison with his forearm/elbow into Bash isn't a booking, but McBurnie ragging Johnson off him when being held is... no preferential treatment?

McBurnie got that 2nd booking for dissent. OK, so he wasn't really fouled at all and it was our last chance, but they have to learn what they're going to get if they carry on moaning like this.

We almost shithoused our way to a famous win, and I was actually pretty proud of them as at times we played very nicely, but you can't concede that many opportunities to get the ball into our box before someone switches off.

We have to do something more than have everyone hang off our own crossbar like bats. In the last 20 minutes that's all we were doing. We have the players now to surprise a few. This is a much, much better side/squad than we ended last season with.

Back
Top Bottom