Outgoing? Wilder to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If and when the time is right for CW to leave, I have no doubt that he will leave. He is a blade, but he is also highly ambitious. He also believes in his ability to manage at the very, very top level in the game and at 52 yrs of age, he is more than aware of his longevity.

I would also say that United can do a lot to secure his future in many respects by backing him financially both in wages & purchases, not interfering with his management and improving the infrastructure. If we survive this season, and with the right backing when asked for, CW can move us up to a team that can be competing for 5th and 6th place within 5 years. If it can be done at Leicester with lesser tools, then there is no reason that we can't do it.
That 5th or 6th challenge has happened instantly!

I am opposed to sufc paying any player 50 000 pounds per week, yet if it meant keeping Chris, then we could double that, And still strike a bargain.

CW really should be our top earner. I don’t think there’s a question behind it. He brings in over £100m revenue this season. It’s all down to him.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I strongly suspect he already is, PA and Bettis aren’t daft 😉

Reactions: CW7
I am opposed to sufc paying any player 50 000 pounds per week, yet if it meant keeping Chris, then we could double that, And still strike a bargain.

Why? It’s illogical.....we could double his wages....then another club will double that.
So we could double it again....then another club will double it again.

Lets say we pay Chris £200,000 a week......the big clubs can easily afford to pay him more.
Its not about money....the way to keep Chris is to support him and give him a chance to create something special and compete in the upper half of the PL.

Why? It’s illogical.....we could double his wages....then another club will double that.

Lets say we pay Chris £200,000 a week......the big clubs can easily afford to pay him more.
Its not about money....the way to keep Chris is to support him and give him a chance to create something special and compete in the upper half of the PL.

I think £10m per annum on a five year contract would probably appeal more than the chance to ‘create something special’ but I get your point.

There must come a stage where you’re paid so much money it is no longer the main part of the decision making process. I’d imagine in those circumstances, his number one choice on who to manage would be Sheffield United and the City he’d most like to live out the rest of his life would be Sheffield. I hope so anyway 👍🏻

Agreed - we need to show CW that his future is with us by giving him a club hierarchy that SUPPORTS his vision.

There is a glass ceiling, but SUFC's glass ceiling may be all he wants - he is after all, one of our own and I genuinely believe he wants to take us where we've never been before.

Our own Alex Fergusson.

UTB

Agreed - we need to show CW that his future is with us by giving him a club hierarchy that SUPPORTS his vision.

There is a glass ceiling, but SUFC's glass ceiling may be all he wants - he is after all, one of our own and I genuinely believe he wants to take us where we've never been before.

Our own Alex Fergusson.

UTB
Or our own Bill Shankly for the passion he generates among all connected with the club.

The difference between Shankly/Ferguson and CW is that they were both Jocks and therefore outsiders to Liverpool and Manchester. Chris is "one of our own".

Or our own Bill Shankly for the passion he generates among all connected with the club.

Indeed - CW has talked in the past of us being a humble club. We can be that and be passionate but also strive to be a top 10 Premier League club on a regular basis, qualifying if not every season but numerous seasons for Europe - going to places that 10 - 15 years ago were just a dream.

There's no reason it can't be us - done differently to others, such as Leicester City/Wolves/Burnley, but still competing within Sheffield United's ethics that CW appears to hold very close to his chest.

All we need to do - is be upfront with CW with what's available to budget/spend and see where it takes us. The Prince for me is on board with that.

The NEXT level is qualifying for the Europa League this coming season and managing that with a 3rd season in the Premier League. Both Burnley and Hull struggled with both - i'd like to think we have the combination at playing/none playing management to do it better than both of those clubs. We are bigger, we can be better, we just need to go and prove it now.

Thinking of where we were, even losing to Southend on that disastrous Tuesday evening to where we are now is stuff that football fans dreams are made of.

The reality is that it is now down to the saying/statement my boy keeps telling me "It's OUR turn now"

UTB

I'm quite sure but obviously not itk, that CWAK are both happy with their contractual situation towards wages.
It would be very hypocritical of CW to demand more, given his ideals that no one is bigger than the club itself.
He sticks to a wage budget for the players and so that goes for our two leaders too.

The only place CW will be going I suspect will be to Man Utd in 2-3 years time
Be amazed if they gave it him, especially after how it turned out with Moyes.
When he decides to move on, it will be to a team like Everton or Leicester

We paid Beattie £40k a week 14 years ago in The Championship.

Correct. Mourinho on £18m a season at Spurs apparently :rolleyes:

I think £10m per annum on a five year contract would probably appeal more than the chance to ‘create something special’ but I get your point.

There must come a stage where you’re paid so much money it is no longer the main part of the decision making process. I’d imagine in those circumstances, his number one choice on who to manage would be Sheffield United and the City he’d most like to live out the rest of his life would be Sheffield. I hope so anyway 👍🏻

I don’t think it would. He’s a man of simple pleasures. His biggest passion in this life is managing Sheff U.
I believe he wants nothing more than to create something special at this club. UTB

Be amazed if they gave it him, especially after how it turned out with Moyes.
When he decides to move on, it will be to a team like Everton or Leicester

Why would he move to Everton or Leicester. The only job I can see Wilder taking in the future is the England one... and I’d be happy enough with that... we’d finally have a shot at winning something!!

I don’t think it would. He’s a man of simple pleasures. His biggest passion in this life is managing Sheff U.
I believe he wants nothing more than to create something special at this club. UTB

Well I hope you’re right and you’re obviously very close to him.

Perhaps you could share this insight with Stephen Bettis, he’s foolishly given him two pay rises in the last eighteen months FFS 🙄

Well I hope you’re right and you’re obviously very close to him.

Perhaps you could share this insight with Stephen Bettis, he’s foolishly given him two pay rises in the last eighteen months FFS 🙄

No I don’t know him personally... think we all know this 🙄

And we’re not talking about someone not being rewarded for the job he’s done. I’m sure whatever he was offered was fair.

I just don’t think it’s all about money. By that I mean... when you earn as much as he does then it’s about finding that thing in life that you’re passionate about. How much money do you think he needs. He drinks in the local pubs with his mates, goes to the same barbers, drives a normal car, has a nice home (not that I’ve been round 😉) etc etc.
I’m sure he wakes up every money with a zest for life. He lives and breaths this job. It’s his passion. That’s what I’m getting at. Put yourself in his shoes... would you be happy managing the club you love whilst earning more than enough money to give your family everything they want. Or would you cash that in for the 10M a year job managing fucking Everton?? I know what my choice would be.

No I don’t know him personally... think we all know this 🙄

And we’re not talking about someone not being rewarded for the job he’s done. I’m sure whatever he was offered was fair.

I just don’t think it’s all about money. By that I mean... when you earn as much as he does then it’s about finding that thing in life that you’re passionate about. How much money do you think he needs. He drinks in the local pubs with his mates, goes to the same barbers, drives a normal car, has a nice home (not that I’ve been round 😉) etc etc.
I’m sure he wakes up every money with a zest for life. He lives and breaths this job. It’s his passion. That’s what I’m getting at. Put yourself in his shoes... would you be happy managing the club you love whilst earning more than enough money to give your family everything they want. Or would you cash that in for the 10M a year job managing fucking Everton?? I know what my choice would be.

That’s an easy question. I would cash it in and go to Everton. People sacrifice a lot of things for your family. I would happily take a job I didn’t want that made my grand kids be looked after.

Ask yourself would you?

Indeed - CW has talked in the past of us being a humble club. We can be that and be passionate but also strive to be a top 10 Premier League club on a regular basis, qualifying if not every season but numerous seasons for Europe - going to places that 10 - 15 years ago were just a dream.

There's no reason it can't be us - done differently to others, such as Leicester City/Wolves/Burnley, but still competing within Sheffield United's ethics that CW appears to hold very close to his chest.

All we need to do - is be upfront with CW with what's available to budget/spend and see where it takes us. The Prince for me is on board with that.

The NEXT level is qualifying for the Europa League this coming season and managing that with a 3rd season in the Premier League. Both Burnley and Hull struggled with both - i'd like to think we have the combination at playing/none playing management to do it better than both of those clubs. We are bigger, we can be better, we just need to go and prove it now.

Thinking of where we were, even losing to Southend on that disastrous Tuesday evening to where we are now is stuff that football fans dreams are made of.

The reality is that it is now down to the saying/statement my boy keeps telling me "It's OUR turn now"

UTB

There are reasons why we cannot be Wolves / Leicester etc as they have owners with massively deep pockets. This isn’t being critical of our owners they just have more available wealth to play with.

That’s an easy question. I would cash it in and go to Everton. People sacrifice a lot of things for your family. I would happily take a job I didn’t want that made my grand kids be looked after.

Ask yourself would you?

Oh my good God!!... Will somebody please think of the children!
Wilder earns around 2M a year! He’s not struggling to provide for his family! He’s rich!

So no... I wouldn’t cash in and up sticks to Everton, Leicester, Man U or any other club that I had no ties with.
And I (personal opinion) believe creating a legacy is more important to him.
He’ll only move on if things turn sour here and I just can’t see that happening.

Wilder earns around 2M a year! He’s not struggling to provide for his family! He’s rich!

So no... I wouldn’t cash in and up sticks to Everton, Leicester, Man U or any other club that I had no ties with.
He’ll only move on if things turn sour here and I just can’t see that happening.

I agree and obviously there comes a point where the number of noughts on your salary becomes less important, when weighed up against your quality of life and that of your family.

The thing is though, has Chris Wilders salary gone beyond that point for him ? I hope so, but only he knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree and obviously there comes a point where the number of noughts on your salary becomes less important, when weighed up against your quality of life and that of your family.

The thing is though, has Chris Wilders salary gone beyond that point for him ? I hope so, but only he knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree... it’s all about the balance... and yes only the man himself will know.
And I’m sure as the team progresses he will be rewarded accordingly. Both financially and emotionally.

I am not saying he is not paid well here. Grealish is paid well at Aston Villa his club and he’s on about moving every year.
People just need realism and if we do not meet his ambitions financially (player wise) then he’s going to look to move on at some point.

You asked a question about would you move and I answered and to receive a sarcastic reply wasn’t what I was expecting.

So how come players move to China / America / UAE?

Superstar footballers end up going there from Oscar / Lampard / Gerrard / Xavi etc.
It’s easy said oh don’t worry about the extra money but even the global superstars who have spent more money than CW has earnt still have that drive and ambition financially.

So how come players move to China / America / UAE?

Superstar footballers end up going there from Oscar / Lampard / Gerrard / Xavi etc.
It’s easy said oh don’t worry about the extra money but even the global superstars who have spent more money than CW has earnt still have that drive and ambition financially.

Anyone going to play in China/USA/UAE are in the twilight of their career, looking for one last big pay day and the experience of living abroad for twelve months in a sunny climate.

If they’re not nearly finished, their motivation is not drive and ambition, just greed.

But actually playing football is a short career, on the other hand you can be a Manager forever, ask Neil 🤔

Back
Top Bottom