Mcatee + 0 (most likely)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really happy if we get McAtee and I think pre-season with City will have done him good but we need another CAM in the squad as back up to him. A knock or a ban and we'd be back to square one with no creativity. We can't risk it!

I am with you on that, but I suspect that if we don't get another and then McAtee does get injured, we will see a system where the likes of Hamer and maybe Traore are used in a CAM capacity. Both seem to have the attributes. I haven't seen enough of Slimane yet, but isn't he a box to box player as well, so could probably slot in behind a striker if needed.

Don’t mind the squad now.

Souza, Norwood, Hamer, McAtee, Davies, Slimane looks to have far better depth than last time we were here.

Baldock, Bogle, Ahmedhodzic, Basham, Egan, JLT, Trusty, Larouci, Thomas looks a bit more even in terms of depth but perhaps lacks the star defensive quality of O’Connell but you are not dropping to Freeman and Ampadu levels when someone is not available.

I do like the idea of Archer backed up by Traore who I suppose you’d describe as ‘tidy’. It’s a pity we couldn’t perform better against Lincoln as it would have been good to get him off the mark.

Main concern is if McBurnie isn’t fit. I think Osula has worked hard but he’s not at the level yet. It will be interesting to see how fit Brewster can get. I’m not sure we have anyone of the explosiveness of Mousset this time around. That’s my one area of concern. So maybe King or Moore would be an idea if Jebbo is out of contention too.
I think our injury situation is a real shame, obviously for the players first and foremost, but a fully fit Brewster and RND on top of the current squad would look much healthier for me

I am with you on that, but I suspect that if we don't get another and then McAtee does get injured, we will see a system where the likes of Hamer and maybe Traore are used in a CAM capacity. Both seem to have the attributes. I haven't seen enough of Slimane yet, but isn't he a box to box player as well, so could probably slot in behind a striker if needed.
Hamer definitely more than capable of playing CAM but he's a true box to box MF and in many ways might be wasted in that role.

The noise coming out of local media seems that we are in for another Striker. Personally would still prefer another CAM. Would have loved us to sign Chair from QPR but money 😅

Unfortunately I have to agree. I have a lot of time for the Sheff Utd Way team but Jimmy Ramble lost all my respect with his Berge statements, and confirmed for me that he is essentially putting out what he’s being told to.

The SUW team seem to spin similar lines too, and whilst I don’t begrudge them for doing their job with a solid lead to the prince, I think our media approach would be better if it was directly to the media, as opposed to fan channels.
Also I called Darren out he spat his dummy out trying to attack me because I said it was too slow they can give it but can't take it

What a pity the Brewster deal went flat with injuries. A fully fit Brewster in the current squad would be great.

I know I’ll be considered a bed wetter and a negative nelly, but honestly, can you even remember a fully fit Brewster and if you can how many goals he contributed during that fully fit period?

What a pity the Brewster deal went flat with injuries. A fully fit Brewster in the current squad would be great.
Really? We've seen jack shit to indicate great in current squad-

1 Wonder strike at Blackburn-

After that lots and lots of cameo's looking like a kid in a mans game-

Positional sense= zero

Osula and Jeb- both looked infinitely better prospects and they are both very raw.

I know I’ll be considered a bed wetter and a negative nelly, but honestly, can you even remember a fully fit Brewster and if you can how many goals he contributed during that fully fit period?
Granted, his good spells were few and far between, but having a couple of seasons injury free and up to speed fitness wise I reckon he'd be banging the goals in last season. This season he would be an asset.

Amazing how these players take on a mythical quality once it becomes clear they'll probably never play for us again. See also RND.

If the foreign loan is Josh king then I'm not that bothered and I doubt it will be Origi either. If we were really wanting another striker and haven't been able to conclude it by now then it's not looking great to get that over the line now but saying that Hecky did say the deals were well down the line so presumably it's just a player deciding whether he wants to come to us or someone else.
The way I interpreted it was everything was ‘agreed’ in principle - clubs / player(s?)/ agent((s?); & the “green light” comment was about go ahead for funding

If/When get Mcatee in you can stop refreshing Twitter like a maniac and go about your day as that will be it.

Slight chance of small permanent squad filler type signing but even that's unlikely and nothing to get over excited about.

Any Twitter accounts linking to foreign loans today will be agent talk/bullshit.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!
I didn't quite say that 🤣

It's transfer deadline day. Anything can happen...and you can quote me on that.

Weird what’s happened to « Rhian Brewster baby « . One thing on his side is his youth. Hope he gets sorted for his sake and ours

Back
Top Bottom