Mcatee + 0 (most likely)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great that we have won the race for McAtee if true. Would have loved us to have replaced Ndiaye as well to give us the best chance but hopefully we can do that in Jan.

From his X post it seems Hal is on the propaganda trail like his mate Darren.

Suggesting fans are greedy by wanting more in today is totally ignoring the fact our manager has said he wants two more at the top of the pitch.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I have a lot of time for the Sheff Utd Way team but Jimmy Ramble lost all my respect with his Berge statements, and confirmed for me that he is essentially putting out what he’s being told to.

The SUW team seem to spin similar lines too, and whilst I don’t begrudge them for doing their job with a solid lead to the prince, I think our media approach would be better if it was directly to the media, as opposed to fan channels.

If the foreign loan is Josh king then I'm not that bothered and I doubt it will be Origi either. If we were really wanting another striker and haven't been able to conclude it by now then it's not looking great to get that over the line now but saying that Hecky did say the deals were well down the line so presumably it's just a player deciding whether he wants to come to us or someone else.

Let’s hope he doesn’t take 2/3 of the season to show his worth this time.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I have a lot of time for the Sheff Utd Way team but Jimmy Ramble lost all my respect with his Berge statements, and confirmed for me that he is essentially putting out what he’s being told to.

The SUW team seem to spin similar lines too, and whilst I don’t begrudge them for doing their job with a solid lead to the prince, I think our media approach would be better if it was directly to the media, as opposed to fan channels.
What do you expect them to do? Maybe they agree or believe what they are being told, maybe they want to do things differently from the gutter press where everything is spun into a sensationalised story to sell clicks. Also, if they did start spinning things or scrutinising everything they get sent, they'd probably stop getting sent stuff.

I don't understand the criticism the social media guys get, they do a much better job than the paid press.

It's the disingenuous spin I'm not a fan of.

Hal seems a decent sort tbf but I think that post is a bit crap for me and conveniently ignores what our manager has said he wants.

From his X post it seems Hal is on the propaganda trail like his mate Darren.

Suggesting fans are greedy by wanting more in today is totally ignoring the fact our manager has said he wants two more at the top of the pitch.
That's just a reflection of what we've all seen on here and on social media, some of us a proper thirsty for new signings and it borders on embarrassing at times. Doesn't mean he's spreading propaganda, maybe you just don't agree. I've not been fed a line and I think it was a tongue in cheek joke that's actually quite true

It’s more a case that when someone like the prince speaks to you directly and talks to you in a friendly way they become more of a Human and therefore less likely want to be critical.
Clever really.

I doubt very much thenPrince is after new friends so what he’s doing by getting folk on his side is actually getting a positive spin out there on him.
Lads won’t know how to be any other way…be rude, or accusing them he will simply cut them off and the line of information that came with it.

That's just a reflection of what we've all seen on here and on social media, some of us a proper thirsty for new signings and it borders on embarrassing at times. Doesn't mean he's spreading propaganda, maybe you just don't agree. I've not been fed a line and I think it was a tongue in cheek joke that's actually quite true
Our manager said in a press conference yesterday he wants two players in today yet the suggestion in that post is that our fans are greedy and insatiable for wanting more in today.

Hal was also quick on here this morning saying what he believes will happen.

Each to their own how they view it but its transparent propaganda to me and fits in with recent ramblings.

Even with McAtee we're still light on creativity for this league imho and I think Hecky feels the same from his recent interviews.

We're effectively leaving it all to Hamer and McAtee.

Our manager said in a press conference yesterday he wants two players in today yet the suggestion in that post is that our fans are greedy and insatiable for wanting more in today.

Each to their own how they view it but its transparent propaganda to me and fits in with recent ramblings.

Even with McAtee we're still light on creativity for this league imho and I think Hecky feels the same from his recent interviews.

Spot on

That's your interpretation of it, I interpreted it as Sheffield United fans desperately want more signings. Maybe Hal counts himself in the Blades fans who want more signings.

To say it's transparent propaganda is harsh and defamatory imo. I think you're reading too much into it.

That's your interpretation of it, I interpreted it as Sheffield United fans desperately want more signings. Maybe Hal counts himself in the Blades fans who want more signings.

To say it's transparent propaganda is harsh and defamatory imo. I think you're reading too much into it.
Defamatory? Oh fuck off.

We are leaving it all to hamer and mcatee. Agree we do need more

But compared to last time in the prem when the total creative output for 2 seasons was about 35 minutes of Luke Freeman. It’s not the absolute worst potion we could be in - I think we genuinely can’t be as attacking as we were last season. But it’s a 30m player in the squad and 15m hamer who’s shown he can do something special already

So I wouldn’t mind

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan JLT Thomas
Norwood Souza
Hamer Mcatee
Archer/McB

We are leaving it all to hamer and mcatee. Agree we do need more

But compared to last time in the prem when the total creative output for 2 seasons was about 35 minutes of Luke Freeman. It’s not the absolute worst potion we could be in - I think we genuinely can’t be as attacking as we were last season. But it’s a 30m player in the squad and 15m hamer who’s shown he can do something special already

So I wouldn’t mind

Wes
Baldock Anel Egan Jay Thomas
Norwood Souza
Hamer Mcatee
Archer/McB
As back up we're looking at Traore, Slimane and Davies.

The lack of creativity and goals cost us last time.

Despite some defensive frailties we rarely get turned over but to stay up you've got to find goals. Archer is great for me but he needs provision.

That's the spirit

Think it’s a valid type of comment.
Regards Doyle he was generally a 7 out of 10 player every week.

Whereas regards McAtee he started his loan with us as a 4 out of 10 player
then once he got up to speed he ranged from putting in a 6 out of 10 performance to a 9 out of 10 performance.

My point is McAtee is an exciting signing, he’s capable of near N’Diaye levels of brilliance and on his day is easily PL standard
but he’s still young, inexperienced and will need another period of adaptation to the higher standard In the PL.

Lets hope he manages to adapt…..quicker than what he did in the Championship….he’s a key player regards our success.

Think it’s a valid type of comment.
Regards Doyle he was generally a 7 out of 10 player every week.

Whereas regards McAtee he started his loan with us as a 4 out of 10 player
then once he got up to speed he ranged from putting in a 6 out of 10 performance to a 9 out of 10 performance.

My point is McAtee is an exciting signing, he’s capable of near N’Diaye levels of brilliance and on his day is easily PL standard
but he’s still young, inexperienced and will need another period of adaptation to the higher standard In the PL.

Lets hope he manages to adapt…..quicker than what he did in the Championship.
Obviously he could take time to adjust, but of everyone we've signed he's the most likely to be able to hit the ground running.

That's the advantage of him coming here rather than elsewhere, sure there's been personnel changes but essentially he knows what we're about and what we want his role to be.

He's already an established member of our dressing room who just happened not to be around for the first few matches.

He's already an established member of our dressing room who just happened not to be around for the first few matches.
So true

Imagine when he walks into training today and McBurnie gives him one of those big brother bear hugs. The lad will be so happy

We’re staying up now. Im convinced.

Obviously he could take time to adjust, but of everyone we've signed he's the most likely to be able to hit the ground running.

That's the advantage of him coming here rather than elsewhere, sure there's been personnel changes but essentially he knows what we're about and what we want his role to be.

Excellent point, agree…..probably why he was such a priority.

It‘s an exciting signing.
We know McAtee can be inconsistent and disappear a bit from games
but this guy is capable of brilliance and can create goals from nothing (think he’s a poor man’s Phil Fodden).
So with McAtee…it doesn’t matter how we’re playing….if he clicks we have a chance against anyone.

So true

Imagine when he walks into training today and McBurnie gives him one of those big brother bear hugs. The lad will be so happy

And fractures a rib and is returned to city for treatment within 2 hours.

So true

Yeah, going to be a big lift for everyone who was here last season. Hope the club does a behind the scenes vid of that moment

As back up we're looking at Traore, Slimane and Davies.

The lack of creativity and goals cost us last time.

Despite some defensive frailties we rarely get turned over but to stay up you've got to find goals. Archer is great for me but he needs provision.
Don’t mind the squad now.

Souza, Norwood, Hamer, McAtee, Davies, Slimane looks to have far better depth than last time we were here.

Baldock, Bogle, Ahmedhodzic, Basham, Egan, JLT, Trusty, Larouci, Thomas looks a bit more even in terms of depth but perhaps lacks the star defensive quality of O’Connell but you are not dropping to Freeman and Ampadu levels when someone is not available.

I do like the idea of Archer backed up by Traore who I suppose you’d describe as ‘tidy’. It’s a pity we couldn’t perform better against Lincoln as it would have been good to get him off the mark.

Main concern is if McBurnie isn’t fit. I think Osula has worked hard but he’s not at the level yet. It will be interesting to see how fit Brewster can get. I’m not sure we have anyone of the explosiveness of Mousset this time around. That’s my one area of concern. So maybe King or Moore would be an idea if Jebbo is out of contention too.

Back
Top Bottom