Who is the best player ever to play at Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we're talking best player it's got to be Ronaldo

But the best performance from an individual I've seen at the lane in recent times is Eriksen for Spurs
Back in the Prem I seem to remember Ryan Giggs being outstanding, as was Michael Ballack

If we're talking best player it's got to be Ronaldo

But the best performance from an individual I've seen at the lane in recent times is Eriksen for Spurs
Back in the Prem I seem to remember Ryan Giggs being outstanding, as was Michael Ballack

Yes I wouldn't give it to Ronaldo based on his performance, he missed one of the biggest sitters I've ever seen at the Lane. A great moment.

ive never got the fuss over Portugese Ronaldo, he can beat a man well & good at set pieces but besides that he selfish, couldnt be any less of team player if he tried, isn't happy unless he is the only one in limelight & relying on quality of teammates to score his goals

I'm gutted that Henry was rested in 2006/07 season, as for me is was premier leagues greatest striker. but from what ive watched I would say between Scholes or Drogba

ive never got the fuss over Portugese Ronaldo, he can beat a man well & good at set pieces but besides that he selfish, couldnt be any less of team player if he tried, isn't happy unless he is the only one in limelight & relying on quality of teammates to score his goals

I'm gutted that Henry was rested in 2006/07 season, as for me is was premier leagues greatest striker. but from what ive watched I would say between Scholes or Drogba

Thierry would be the very first to say how much he owed to the peerless Dennis Bergkamp. One of the greats.

Ronaldo was quite poor against us by his standards. Thought Scholes was the stand out from that game.

Best performance by an opposition player might have been Emile Heskey for Wigan :mad:

Still too soon.

If we're talking about best opposition player performances I'd have to throw in Kabba against us when he was on loan at Grimsby. I would've signed him up then & there on the strength of that display!

Cantona's peach of a chip over Kelly in the Cup was a great piece of quality from a quality player.

One of the best performances I've seen at the Lane was from Georgi Kinkladze, nearly 20 years ago. First time I'd seen him live, and he was terrifying every time he got the ball – jinking through players at will, always creating an opportunity. He ultimately teed up the equaliser in injury time.

It'd be interesting to know which player has scored the most goals at Bramall Lane having never played for Sheffield United.

Cantona's peach of a chip over Kelly in the Cup was a great piece of quality from a quality player.

One of the best performances I've seen at the Lane was from Georgi Kinkladze, nearly 20 years ago. First time I'd seen him live, and he was terrifying every time he got the ball – jinking through players at will, always creating an opportunity. He ultimately teed up the equaliser in injury time.
I'd second both of those. Gordon Strachan also was very impressive. And the young Roy Keane.

Back
Top Bottom