Trouble after the match.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There was trouble in the Sainsbury Car park after the game,........ people were having difficulty getting in to do their weekly shopping.

Seriously, who would choose to go shopping at 5pm on a matchday mental.gif

There was trouble in the Sainsbury Car park after the game,........ people were having difficulty getting in to do their weekly shopping.

Seriously, who would choose to go shopping at 5pm on a matchday View attachment 64306
I doubt anyone chooses to. More likely to be necessity due to time demands. It’s so expensive down here some people have to have two jobs (or do serious overtime).

Seriously, who would choose to go shopping at 5pm on a matchday View attachment 64306
Often the case at the less salubrious Aldi, on St Mary's Gate, when we are at home.

I go to the Sainsbury at Wadsley bridge every fortnight on a Saturday around 5pm in my Blades shirt. It's great!

The set to I walked into, or around to be specific, certainly didnt include anything like the numbers mentioned.

Just past Bill Nich pub and I'd say less than half a dozen actually involved with maybe a dozen on either side bouncing around. Coppers saw it off easily.
Did you check their loyalty points?

I go to the Sainsbury at Wadsley bridge every fortnight on a Saturday around 5pm in my Blades shirt. It's great!
Do you get extra Nectar Points because it’s an ‘away game’?

Often the case at the less salubrious Aldi, on St Mary's Gate, when we are at home.

That's just students though, having to go the shops is a difficult concept to grasp, so they go to buy 3 items at a time and take 3 of their mates with them for assistance.
Gridlock.

They also need to take an Uber from the student accommodation across the road.
'Well mummy always used to drive'

PML on Saturday C 1pm. saw a Chinese student decked out in his full new 'Chansiri' gear waiting for a bus opposite The Albion, hope he made it to the game.

That's just students though, having to go the shops is a difficult concept to grasp, so they go to buy 3 items at a time and take 3 of their mates with them for assistance.
Gridlock.

They also need to take an Uber from the student accommodation across the road.
'Well mummy always used to drive'

PML on Saturday C 1pm. saw a Chinese student decked out in his full new 'Chansiri' gear waiting for a bus opposite The Albion, hope he made it to the game.
Fancy dress.went as a knobhead.

Feck me! I parade all the way from Northumberland Park, sit in the away end, hang around the Beavertown in ground bar after the game, walk past the Bill Nicholson, get drenched all the way down The High Road, run into the ex khazi micropub, used the Seven Sisters tube and hung around St Pancras and still did not see any hint of trouble.

I don’t know why I bother anymore!

Feck me! I parade all the way from Northumberland Park, sit in the away end, hang around the Beavertown in ground bar after the game, walk past the Bill Nicholson, get drenched all the way down The High Road, run into the ex khazi micropub, used the Seven Sisters tube and hung around St Pancras and still did not see any hint of trouble.

I don’t know why I bother anymore!

Someone on the sportsman branch got knocked over in the fighting outside the Bill Nic pub and finished up in hospital with a broken hip.

Given how hard it is for Blades to get tickets for away games, only the most loyal get look in.
Are there really 80 odd of this cohort Of elite fans who go for trouble?

I must say I am surprised by this. Always assumed it was the casual, stone island, Coke snorting chavs who turn up for big games with big allocations that got involved in dickhead behaviour.

You're right - it's mainly the chavs. They don't look old enough to have got the relevant number of loyalty points, but as you know, it's possible for many folks to get tickets from others who have the points or know someone within the club. So it's a misrepresentation of your average high loyalty points supporter in that respect. Your average high loyalty points supporter is someone like me. 50's or 60's, kultured, sofisticayted, smartly dressed, but not in Burberry, well-spoken, and taking the time to see old ladies across the road.

Is football the only sport in the world where the fans actually need separating? Ya'll need to grow up.
Mate of mine lives in the states and says some baseball games get tasty in the crowds
Mind you he says they get tasered to fuck by cops and security 🤣🤣🤣

Although, and I don't know if sitwell and co. were aware, but there was a (presumed pig?) bloke gobbing off about the singing a bit further down the carriage just before he got dragged off the train at Chezzy by his missus in full "it's not wurf it" mode.

I think she was perhaps the one who could count and didn't fancy his odds against however many Blades were on the train.
Was he massive 😁

I think it was the car I saw driving too quickly through the crowds leaving the match. I didn’t see what happened but it kicked off further along the road near the Bill Nicholson pub. A bit of handbags really but the quick response from the Met with drawn buttons seemed to calm things down.
I think it was a few Spurs idiots who started it but the Blades weren’t backing down either, all a bit daft really as it was pissing down and neither side had lost so nothing to get excited about.
Football has long been the refuge and hangout for complete dangerous wankers.

Yet a suburb of the city has become just that, according to a study released today. The Hallam district of Sheffield, to the west of the city, is home to the largest number of affluent people anywhere in England outside London and the South-East, says Barclays bank.
Almost eight per cent of those living in the suburb, which enjoys views of the Peak District, claim to earn more than £60,000. This is a higher percentage than traditionally wealthy areas such as Windsor, Berks, and Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Hallam's fine Victorian houses, built by steel barons, are also home to a higher proportion of wealthy people than Tatton, over the Pennines in Cheshire, where the likes of David Beckham live, which comes 20th in the list of the top 50 affluent areas in Britain, with 7.7 per cent claiming to be in the high-earning bracket.
Macclesfield, near Manchester, follows with seven per cent earning more than £60,000, while Leeds North-East and Bristol West are close behind with 6.9 per cent and 6.7 per cent.

Telegraph 2002.

Although, and I don't know if sitwell and co. were aware, but there was a (presumed pig?) bloke gobbing off about the singing a bit further down the carriage just before he got dragged off the train at Chezzy by his missus in full "it's not wurf it" mode.

I think she was perhaps the one who could count and didn't fancy his odds against however many Blades were on the train.
Nobody said owt Linz I don't think we aware of much apart from remembering songwords to be honest. Did get caught up in the fight after the game outside a pub ,it was a lot of posturing and not many punches thrown really , was more bothered trying to get out of the rain ,which didn't work at Northumberalnd park.
But anyway they gave Big Dave away......

Yet a suburb of the city has become just that, according to a study released today. The Hallam district of Sheffield, to the west of the city, is home to the largest number of affluent people anywhere in England outside London and the South-East, says Barclays bank.
Almost eight per cent of those living in the suburb, which enjoys views of the Peak District, claim to earn more than £60,000. This is a higher percentage than traditionally wealthy areas such as Windsor, Berks, and Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Hallam's fine Victorian houses, built by steel barons, are also home to a higher proportion of wealthy people than Tatton, over the Pennines in Cheshire, where the likes of David Beckham live, which comes 20th in the list of the top 50 affluent areas in Britain, with 7.7 per cent claiming to be in the high-earning bracket.
Macclesfield, near Manchester, follows with seven per cent earning more than £60,000, while Leeds North-East and Bristol West are close behind with 6.9 per cent and 6.7 per cent.

Telegraph 2002.
and yet it (Hallam) is full of Vote Labour signs .. someone should tell them they’re first up for the gulag

Not sure if anyone else has heard owt, but a lad at work, who's a ticket holder at Manure, reckons there's quite alot of there fans travelling without tickets.

Back
Top Bottom