Blades Art

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade67

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after some advice.

I have a limited edition print of Terry Gorman , The Kop painting.

It's a print of 500, signed by the author, signed by Bassett, his assistant and about 20 players including Kelly, Tracey, Gage, Hodges and many others I can't read.

I'm hoping to sell it to raise money for Weston Park Hospital as part of a broader fundraising effort, initiated by my daughter , who has just passed away.

Can anyone advise what it might be worth and the best way of selling it?

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

It's a print of 500, signed by the author, signed by Bassett, his assistant and about 20 players including Kelly, Tracey, Gage, Hodges and many others I can't read.

I'm hoping to sell it to raise money for Weston Park Hospital as part of a broader fundraising effort, initiated by my daughter , who has just passed away.

Man, I can't help with a valuation, but I'm SO sorry you've lost your daughter.

Big love

I don't have any advise for the picture, but you have my heart felt sorrow for what's happened. What you are doing is a great thing to do.
Let us all know about the other things as you do them and you'll get loads of support on here.
She raised over £65,000 last year for another charity and was very determined to do the same this year for WPH. I'll post a link to the fundraiser on here when I've got my act together

She raised over £65,000 last year for another charity and was very determined to do the same this year for WPH. I'll post a link to the fundraiser on here when I've got my act together
Do it when it's right for you mate, don't rush while you've got what's happened to deal with.

Greeny96 you might be interested in this as my daughter had the same consultant at WPH as Ainsley/darblade. He told me this last year when mattbianco1 did some fundraising for my daughter. He was really honest about his condition and generously offered her support in any way. I really appreciated it at the time.

So moved to read your experience and so , so sorry for your loss
I know the journey l went on after my daughter passed away and am in awe of the steps you are taking….
The spirit and energy of your daughter will shine for ever …….
Can’t help with the valuation but I look forward to the link as and when so I can do something for this wonderful and deserving cause on behalf of your daughter (and perhaps mine in a way…)
All the best to you and yours

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

Can't imagine what it must feel like to lose a child. My heart goes out to you. ❤️

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

Could raffle it off mate, or I still have loads of spot the ball cards.

Unlimited raffle may be better as the spot the ball is limited to 40 people I think so would only raise like £400.

Happy to help if required

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

Deepest condolences to you and your family. It will be a tribute to your daughter and all the wonderful staff at Weston Park.

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

What a tremendously generous thing to do at such a sad time for you.
Sincere condolences for the loss of your daughter Molly - sending you support & strength over the airwaves.
With WPH being one of Utd’s chosen charities, I wondered if the club could help you out with something?
An article in a matchday programme maybe to tell your story?
A pitch side interview with Gaz Sinclair?
Or a player visit so you have a photo with it?
Maybe even the club want it for the Boardroom?
Dunno - but might be worth asking the question.
Also, I know someone who’s a keen Blade who does something for fundraising at WPH. I can have a word with him if you like for any ideas.
All the best for now.

Edit - the home game v Chelsea on 6th April is the official support day for WPH so there’ll be activity/planning underway.

Last edited:

Have you thought of here ?

These are Adam Damms prints above (I have got the top right Jagielka one mine is 45 of 50 and I was offered £250 for it once but I didnt want to sell it) might be worth asking them for a valuation etc ?

Hope this helps.
Hi, those paintings were by me (it's Alan, not Adam BTW!) I wouldn't advise using an auction gallery, that lot went for a very small price, and you would have to pay a seller's commission on any sale. As GodricBlade has said, it might be worth contacting United and getting an article in the programme for the Chelsea game. I would try contacting Dave McCarthy on [email protected] to see what he can do to help. Alternatively, Danny Hall of Vertical Editions has raised funds for Weston Park including charity auctions, he might be able to offer some advice. [email protected]. He posts on here as stringer.

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

So sorry to hear that mate.

Remember you posting on here about her treatment. Utterly tragic.

Sincere condolences.

Could raffle it off mate, or I still have loads of spot the ball cards.

Unlimited raffle may be better as the spot the ball is limited to 40 people I think so would only raise like £400.

Happy to help if required
I wondered about a raffle, it depends on what the picture could fetch by selling it.
Maybe with a higher raffle ticket cost £20+ it would bring in a better amount?? Or let people buy several tickets.
Or auction it at some other event at the Lane? Maybe some of the contacts mentioned above could suggest something?

Hi, those paintings were by me (it's Alan, not Adam BTW!) I wouldn't advise using an auction gallery, that lot went for a very small price, and you would have to pay a seller's commission on any sale. As GodricBlade has said, it might be worth contacting United and getting an article in the programme for the Chelsea game. I would try contacting Dave McCarthy on [email protected] to see what he can do to help. Alternatively, Danny Hall of Vertical Editions has raised funds for Weston Park including charity auctions, he might be able to offer some advice. [email protected]. He posts on here as stringer.
I've still got about 10 of your prints in the loft. They were all framed on the wall in my mancave, but had to get rid of the mancave many years ago

Firstly so sorry for your loss.
I have some experience of Blades art, as my father Bill Kirby was known in Sheffield art circles, and often painted Bramall Lane.
A good friend of Joe Scarborough and George Cunningham. So I monitor prices of Sheffield related prints including Terry Gorman.

A print, as you describe will be worth between £50 and £150. For example, you can pick up Joe Scarborough signed prints for £50.
An original painting is another matter, add a 0.

My suggestion is a raffle style.
Sorry if this disappoints but wanted to help answer your question.

All best wishes.

Hi all,

Just after some advice.

Bless you mate,my heart goes out to you.❤
Sincere wishes and I'll keep my eyes peeled for a chance to donate to the fundraiser for WPH.
What a proud man you must be🙏.

So sorry to hear this awful news Blade67. I can't imagine the pain you are suffering. Sincere condolences to you and your family, and God bless your daughter.

Firstly so sorry for your loss.
I have some experience of Blades art, as my father Bill Kirby was known in Sheffield art circles, and often painted Bramall Lane.
A good friend of Joe Scarborough and George Cunningham. So I monitor prices of Sheffield related prints including Terry Gorman.

A print, as you describe will be worth between £50 and £150. For example, you can pick up Joe Scarborough signed prints for £50.
An original painting is another matter, add a 0.

My suggestion is a raffle style.
Sorry if this disappoints but wanted to help answer your question.

All best wishes.
Thanks for this. No disappointment at all, I just wanted to get an idea of what I could do with it.

As you say, the most sensible thing is a raffle I think. Someone gets something of interest and WPH gets a chunk of fundraising. Just need to get myself organised.

I'll stick some pictures up in a bit

Attachments

• IMG-20240217-WA0003~2.jpg
    IMG-20240217-WA0003~2.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 48
Edit - the home game v Chelsea on 6th April is the official support day for WPH so there’ll be activity/planning underway.
Hi Godric,

Thanks for your suggestions. We've had a bit of contact with the club.

We've volunteered to help with the bucket shake on the 6th April and a gang of us are running the Sheffield half the next day.

Sorry, I didnt account for the signatures. It depends what someone is prepared to pay, but I would guess with the signatures about £150 to £250.
But it would make for an attractive raffle prize I think.

Back
Top Bottom