Trouble after the match.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

alcoblade

Reaction score
Leaving the ground yesterday, I passed a white land rover surrounded by coppers, ragging the occupants out and to the floor.

There'd clearly been some trouble, but I missed it. Did anyone witness this?

Probably a case of football fans right of way and Londoner entitlement going head to head.

I heard a lot of angry beeping from some presumably very important drivers.

Maybe they lost it and drove into the crowd?

Yes, the bloke in the range rover jumped out and hit an old guy with a bat, he was a bloody nutjob, and obviously then it all kicked off. I was helping the guy who'd been hit, on the floor, blood all over his face and smashed glasses and very shaken. We got him up and then the police took him to get assistance. Hopefully he was OK and nothing worse than what we could see. The police then dragged the guy from the car and he was going absolutely crackers like a wild animal or something. Disgraceful.

I think it was the car I saw driving too quickly through the crowds leaving the match. I didn’t see what happened but it kicked off further along the road near the Bill Nicholson pub. A bit of handbags really but the quick response from the Met with drawn buttons seemed to calm things down.
I think it was a few Spurs idiots who started it but the Blades weren’t backing down either, all a bit daft really as it was pissing down and neither side had lost so nothing to get excited about.

I think it was the car I saw driving too quickly through the crowds leaving the match. I didn’t see what happened but it kicked off further along the road near the Bill Nicholson pub. A bit of handbags really but the quick response from the Met with drawn buttons seemed to calm things down.
I think it was a few Spurs idiots who started it but the Blades weren’t backing down either, all a bit daft really as it was pissing down and neither side had lost so nothing to get excited about.
I’m surprised about the Met policy of drawing buttons if there is trouble. But hey if it works.

Some of your lot called it on outside LTs before the match saying they would be at the Billy Nic post match.

They duly turned up around 80 handed and there was the usual bottle throwing, bouncing up and down and arm waving from behind police lines.

OB were well on top of the situation and all blew over pretty quickly.

Then both parties went home and went to bed with a nice mug of cocoa and pondered writing a book about their exploits.

Some of your lot called it on outside LTs before the match saying they would be at the Billy Nic post match.

They duly turned up around 80 handed and there was the usual bottle throwing, bouncing up and down and arm waving from behind police lines.

Then both parties went home and went to bed with a nice mug of cocoa and pondered writing a book about their exploits.

But you still dropped two points.

😁

Hate our dickhead fans, or any dickhead fans for that matter.

Only trouble I saw was in the queue for Seven sisters, piss wet through, everyone spotted a bloke sleeping in a warm portacabin and it got a bit lairy*

*Good banter, not bad banter.

Given how hard it is for Blades to get tickets for away games, only the most loyal get look in.
Are there really 80 odd of this cohort Of elite fans who go for trouble?

I must say I am surprised by this. Always assumed it was the casual, stone island, Coke snorting chavs who turn up for big games with big allocations that got involved in dickhead behaviour.

I’m surprised about the Met policy of drawing buttons if there is trouble. But hey if it works.
Given how hard it is for Blades to get tickets for away games, only the most loyal get look in.

I must say I am surprised by this. Always assumed it was the casual, stone island, Coke snorting chavs who turn up for big games with big allocations that got involved in dickhead behaviour.

Well, looked like around 80 buy it may have been 40-50 'hoolies' and 30-40 bystanders.

Loads of Blades just went to London and hung around the pubs, in the hope that they'd be able to find a ticket on Twatter. You have to imagine most didn't and just sat and got pissed until the match finished.

Be just McBurnie then?

I wondered that too. I’m on the tier of loyalty points just below that needed to get to away games. If there are a significant number above me who go for the aggro and somehow swerve the consequences then that wouldn’t exactly please me...

Yes, the bloke in the range rover jumped out and hit an old guy with a bat, he was a bloody nutjob, and obviously then it all kicked off. I was helping the guy who'd been hit, on the floor, blood all over his face and smashed glasses and very shaken. We got him up and then the police took him to get assistance. Hopefully he was OK and nothing worse than what we could see. The police then dragged the guy from the car and he was going absolutely crackers like a wild animal or something. Disgraceful.
It’ll be the bloke on the Handsworth supporters coach then.

83 years old. Fuck me, I despair.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I know its never really gone away but think its rearing its head again this season. Decent brawl outside Crown on London rd last week with Burnley mob. By decent I mean numbers wise. At least it keeps the queue down at the bar for half an hour.

I know its never really gone away but think its rearing its head again this season. Decent brawl outside Crown on London rd last week with Burnley mob. By decent I mean numbers wise. At least it keeps the queue down at the bar for half an hour.

I agree. It does seem to be creeping back in. Thankfully I'm more of a pipe and slippers man these days.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Most of them don’t go to the game. They generally aren’t the idiots safely bouncing around on the concourse , charged up with a gram of baking powder, vim and a few bottles of cider.

Back
Top Bottom