No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same story at Beerschot. In fact even worse. We had a very small squad already and have sold our best attacker on deadline day and loaned out our only cover center back. Incoming: nothing. All other teams have done incoming transfers so corona only seems to hinder us. Really disappointed with our owners.

Same story at Beerschot. In fact even worse. We had a very small squad already and have sold our best attacker on deadline day and loaned out our only cover center back. Incoming: nothing. All other teams have done incoming transfers so corona only seems to hinder us. Really disappointed with our owners.
Who was the best striker you sold out of interest Purple? And when you say disappointed with the owners do you suspect that's due to the Prince or the other owners?

Why would a team getting relegated sign anyone and sell a striker when they are short of strikers.

According to the podcast I listen to, Brighton lost £67,000,000 last season, are 4th bottom, 7 points clear of relegation and bought a player today. Southampton lost £70,000,000 last season.

I'm not advocating financial suicide, and I don't think Wilder has spent wisely, but a couple of loans and a spend of less than £5m to freshen up the squad and cover some key positions - midfield for example - will show some real intent and should improve competition / morale.

Very disappointed that we are not doing anything, especially given our league position. Feels like the Board have run up the white flag.
We have a shortfall of some £25m due to coronavirus but it’s ok let’s spend some more even when cast adrift at the bottom of the table.
then if that doesn’t work let’s throw more at it next year and the year after then get rekeagates with massive debts then go bankrupt then let Rotherham laugh at us like we laugh at Wednesday.
Yes we need investment but until we have let’s manage our affairs with an eye on common sense

Well yes Eddie, but Broadbent and Belehouan were the last two to go out before the ban.

RND obviously went to Stoke, but of course, as you’ll be aware, he’s with the same agency as Wilder, which may or may not have had an influence on that decision?

Why don’t we wait and see if anyone else goes out before the window closes?
Did the "ban" stop Broadbent, Belehouan, RND and Verrips leaving?
Or were you chatting

Bull Shit - Home | Facebook

I wasn't a fan of spending big money on the likes of Lingard, but given our situation it looks a bit strange that we're not bringing in a cheap cover signing for midfield, a hard working type like Besic maybe.

Even if it's just to steady the ship it makes sense to chuck a few million on loan deals.

It really feels like the ownership group gave up on us....kinda sucks.
Busy creating a network of clubs under the name United World, invested loads, backing the best manager we've ever had... Yeah they've given up because we couldn't/didn't sign anyone this transfer window.

Did the "ban" stop Broadbent, Belehouan, RND and Verrips leaving?
Or were you chatting

Bull Shit - Home | Facebook
Or Eastwood ! 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s Wilder, he’s made me look a right mug, says one thing and does another. Honestly, the blokes got more faces than the Town Hall clock !

Last edited:
Not one single player out there from one of the top sides of from Europe that we couldn't get on loan for midfield like what West Brom have managed. I an only assume as others have said that the board have refused to back targets and those that we could get are no better than what we have. It's a risk though, couple of injuries in midfield and we're really going to be screwed even more than we are currently. We need to pick as many points as possible for momemtum for next season.

Busy creating a network of clubs under the name United World, invested loads, backing the best manager we've ever had... Yeah they've given up because we couldn't/didn't sign anyone this transfer window.

Look at our bench, or should i say lack there of...... and i'm not talking about dropping loads on a player, just bringing in one or two re-inforcements. God forbid, Fleck/Lunny/Norwood go down and then what?

I have been impressed by the Prince since he took control, but with 51 points still to play for it does look like him and the board have given up on this season, whichever way you slice it.

Even if survival is unlikely, it is crucial that we end the season playing well and winning games, if we want to avoid going into next season demoralised.

In any scenario, they should have used the opportunity to help the current squad out and just at a very basic level, we have no cover in midfield, unless we rob Peter to pay Paul and weaken the defence by using Bash or Ampadu.

Maybe Prince going to buy us out of Championship... 50 million plus ... sorry just dreaming

and..... maybe instead of investing in a "network of clubs", try investing in the teams you have already.....

Who was the best striker you sold out of interest Purple? And when you say disappointed with the owners do you suspect that's due to the Prince or the other owners?

I think he might be referring to their winger Tarik Tissoudali who they sold to Gent for about 1.6m Euros.

I think he might be referring to their winger Tarik Tissoudali who they sold to Gent for about 1.6m Euros.
Tissoudali indeed, initially a winger but played as second striker and in that position he was fantastic. Where did you read that transfer fee? According to my info it’s 700k that could rise to 1 mio. 5 minutes ago we did one incoming. Zakaria Bakkali. Hasn’t played a game in 2 years.

According to the podcast I listen to, Brighton lost £67,000,000 last season, are 4th bottom, 7 points clear of relegation and bought a player today. Southampton lost £70,000,000 last season.

I'm not advocating financial suicide, and I don't think Wilder has spent wisely, but a couple of loans and a spend of less than £5m to freshen up the squad and cover some key positions - midfield for example - will show some real intent and should improve competition / morale.

Very disappointed that we are not doing anything, especially given our league position. Feels like the Board have run up the white flag.
Wilder spent wisely where

No ambition... what a shit window!
We are going down . Mainly due to the shocking start to the season after the manager had told us we had our best ever transfer window( or words to that effect) what ambition were you expecting that would save us from being relegated. Maybe be, after having the best ever transfer window, the board expect the manager to make good use of the resources he has been allowed to gather over the last 3 transfer windows .

Back
Top Bottom