No one leaving, no one coming in?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have a shortfall of some £25m due to coronavirus but it’s ok let’s spend some more even when cast adrift at the bottom of the table.
then if that doesn’t work let’s throw more at it next year and the year after then get rekeagates with massive debts then go bankrupt then let Rotherham laugh at us like we laugh at Wednesday.
Yes we need investment but until we have let’s manage our affairs with an eye on common sense

We have a shortfall of some £25m due to coronavirus but it’s ok let’s spend some more even when cast adrift at the bottom of the table.
then if that doesn’t work let’s throw more at it next year and the year after then get rekeagates with massive debts then go bankrupt then let Rotherham laugh at us like we laugh at Wednesday.
Yes we need investment but until we have let’s manage our affairs with an eye on common sense

When you still have a Chance you go for it

I can see us bringing in a midfield player on loan with option to buy. Possibly foreign and possibly one that rip van winkle will have been working on.
What has Wilder to lose?
Not a ridiculous amount, just something manageable and more likely to get VFM from abroad.

Last edited:
When you still have a Chance you go for it
Totally agree, although remember you can only spend money once. Weigh up the pros and cons and see if you consider it value and when is the right time to spend.
No doubt if a value for money player becomes available we will make a move, lingaard was not in my opinion value for money.

Last edited:
I can see us bringing in a midfield player on loan with option to buy. Possibly foreign and possibly one that rip van winkle will have been working on.
What has Wilder to lose?
Not a ridiculous amount, just something manageable and more likely to get VFM from abroad.

Apparently v similar to yaya toure which would be ideal
24 Zimbabwean international but not sure how we can sort the work permit,

Interesting if true. Would mean we’ve definitely got a ‘type’ we’re targeting in midfield Berge, coulibally and based on that comparison this lad are all top athletes at the position strong with a good engine. We’ve shown the ability to recruit good technical players but limited athletes in midfield thus far but to take us further we’ll need players with the athleticism to go with the ability.

I can't believe the board will have given up just like that. Hoping we bring at least 1 player in

As this article points out Wilder was told he would get two loans. The board ,Prince have gone back on their word to Wilder there are no incomings.

As this article points out Wilder was told he would get two loans. The board ,Prince have gone back on their word to Wilder there are no incomings.
Have they gone back on there word ? we wernt odds on for relegation when Wilder said that.
He maybe agrees !, bringing expensive loans is a waste of good money we can use to strengthen for next season.

said before - I’m sure the run of results against Burnley, palace etc probably played a part in that decision.
If you’d added another couple of wins to our total I’m sure they might have sanctioned something, especially after Man U. We would have given ourselves a fighting chance

probably another part is clubs trying to gouge us knowing our current situation and it’s never ideal to negotiate from a position of desperation.

Didn't CW give the board a list of players he was interested in? What if they've tried to get them, but they won't come, or taken a better offer?

I think the next 24 hours it's stick or twist time for the board. After the Palace game I think the board had decided to stick and who can blame them. Now with the turnaround, especially after the Man U game and the standard played against Citeh, like most of us are just beginning to see a possibility. Should the board back Chris one last time, or decide that the present squad, after eventually showing what they are capable of, is good enough to climb out of trouble.. They haven't got long now to play their cards. If I was the Prince I'd say go and get one attacking midfielder on loan.

I'm not in favour of wasting cash.

But given where we are right now with injuries etc, then loaning a midfielder or taking over a contract until end of the season can't hurt.

If Lunny, Fleck or Norwood got injured then the current option is to move the currently favoured candidate from the troubled LCB position and create a weakness there once more.

To perform a simple sub of Norwood, we have to bring on Kean Bryan to LCB and push Ampadu to midfield.

It's good we have a plan but it's not a very robust one, is it? It's basically 'midfield is a bit buggered. Ok, let's bugger the defence to try and fix it!'

I'm not against 3-4-1-2 which needs less central Midfielders but just the one would be a reasonable investment. Doesn't have to be on 100k per week

Embarrassing to who? Talk about being over dramatic.

Maybe we haven't been able to find anyone decent enough that is available/affordable/willing? This is very probably the situation.

Liverpool have zero centre backs, but even they say they might not sign anyone.
Conor Hourihane just signed for Swansea. Do you think he would have preferred to stay in the Premier League?
We have 3 fit central midfield players to fill 3 positions. Injury or suspension and we are fucked.

Conor Hourihane just signed for Swansea. Do you think he would have preferred to stay in the Premier League?
We have 3 fit central midfield players to fill 3 positions. Injury or suspension and we are fucked.

There's more chance of Swansea being in the prem than us next season.

i think brightons result tonight might now influence things cant see anybody coming in
Who's going to come in and make a difference, apart from trying to save a bit of face i.e beating Derby's record it's gone were down just get as many points on the board as possible.

With Brighton beating Spurs it's looking even tougher now. To be honest first target is to get 1 more point than derby did, and then let's play for a bit of pride and try to at least make 3rd from bottom. Same result, bit more money, but signs of progress would at least give confidence for next season. What a shit-show this one has been on every level.

Who's going to come in and make a difference, apart from trying to save a bit of face i.e beating Derby's record it's gone were down just get as many points on the board as possible.
Well west brom aren't being negative, at least they are trying to survive

No worries from me, signing any player in this window is difficult and when you add on the fact we are at the foot of the table we are not an attractive proposition for the right type of player. Yeah West Brom and Fulham bringing players in but IMO theirs little point when next season, half of them will be off and there is a real chance that both will be looking for new management after relegation to championship, leaving two sides clambering around to develop and create a new style of play with a squad of players looking elsewhere.

Lots of loan deals going on today, I imagine next season will be the same for many after the effects of coronavirus has severe impacts on their budgets. The advantage will go to the teams that have money to spend, save up I say and be in a stronger position next season.

Looks like we’re bringing some more depth up top 😉 can’t see him ousting Sharp & McGoldrick though 🤔

Attachments

• 9BF23E9C-10FB-4FE3-A7B3-4B5479B4C0E4.jpeg
    9BF23E9C-10FB-4FE3-A7B3-4B5479B4C0E4.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom