Henderson - Latest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"There's a really big difference between being the No.1 at Bramall Lane and being the No.1 at Old Trafford, a really big difference. Even just being a player at those two clubs."

Another one for CW to pin on the wall. The arrogance of the top 6 fans and ex players continues The only difference is the wads of cash the top 6 throw at players. Our only problem in getting Hendo back on loan again is if they give him another wage rise to keep him sweet in the Summer.

"There's a really big difference between being the No.1 at Bramall Lane and being the No.1 at Old Trafford, a really big difference. Even just being a player at those two clubs."

Another one for CW to pin on the wall. The arrogance of the top 6 fans and ex players continues The only difference is the wads of cash the top 6 throw at players. Our only problem in getting Hendo back on loan again is if they give him another wage rise to keep him sweet in the Summer.

I wasnt happy with this statement initially, but I suppose it’s true. 75,000 every week, immense scrutiny in comparison from every media outlet, much higher expectations re league position, UCL, cups...

I wasnt happy with this statement initially, but I suppose it’s true. 75,000 every week, immense scrutiny in comparison from every media outlet, much higher expectations re league position, UCL, cups...
Basically, Man U are expected to win the league and never lose at home.

Henderson will be in demand next season, so from Man U's perspective, why would you help out a club that is very close to you in the league? There will be plenty of other clubs that will offer a similar financial package, so there is a decent chance they might want to send him elsewhere.

Deano makes a few mistakes. Natural for a young keeper. The Liverpool mistake, Leeds at home, villa and a few others would be pulled apart by media for days afterwards. With us they might get a 60 second debate.

It might be another testing time for Henderson and De Gea. Both 'keepers may be under review, and MU will be in the driving seat regarding where either 'keeper plays next season. From all accounts there appears to be support for De Gea within Old Trafford, so Henderson's time at MU (assuming he ends up playing for MU) will be caught in that grey area of indecision.

Personally I wouldn't be unhappy if Henderson returned to the Blades. The overall quality of his game is good, sometimes excellent. Sometimes there's a mistake waiting to happen, but overall he offers more positives than negatives so having him as our number one 'keeper makes a lot of sense. As I wrote earlier, it also enables us to confirm our position as a Prem club (bearing in mind that Henderson has an excellent defence in front of him), so a further season at the Blades harms no one.

It allows Wilder the chance to decide who he wants as this club's number one keeper, and all without that sense of desperation that might mean we sign the 'wrong' choice.

Basically, Man U are expected to win the league and never lose at home.
and to do it while playing open and expansive football. It's very different to playing for us in that regard.
On Henderson, there's no way for me that's he'll be Manchester United's No1 next season, and I still think the best thing for them would be to sell him to us, with a lower buy back clause inserted for the next 3 summers.

Deano makes a few mistakes. Natural for a young keeper. The Liverpool mistake, Leeds at home, villa and a few others would be pulled apart by media for days afterwards. With us they might get a 60 second debate.

He currently averages, what, 1-2 per season with us? The highly experienced and highly paid Man United number 1 has 3 alone this season that have led to goals.

Absolutely this. Just look at the Liverpool keeper who messed up against Madrid. 90 minutes off the pace against the best team in the world at the time has sent his career off the rails.

I think written down it looks worse than it is but I can see where he's coming from. Put it this way, if he's playing for Man U and he lets one through his legs against Liverpool, the reaction from the crowd is vastly different from the one he got from us when it happened.

Put it this way, if he's playing for Man U and he lets one through his legs against Liverpool, the reaction from the crowd is vastly different from the one he got from us when it happened.
You obviously weren't sat around us.

That statement smacks of arrogance and disrespect to United ( the original one)

When you’re on the pitch I doubt whether he’d feel any more pressure playing in front of 30,000 at the Lane or 70,000 at Old Trafford. As a top professional player he’ll have that self-belief inbuilt into him. That’s what’s got him this far. He’ll get more scrutiny at Old Trafford for sure but I doubt he’d sit down and read all the criticism in all the papers anyway. He’s in the Premier League and with that comes massive exposure. He’s shown he can handle it, look no further than his reaction to the Liverpool mistake.

He makes out he’s been playing in front of one man and his dog in the local park. He hasn’t. Instead he’s already played in front of fans with massive expectations. Those expectations at the Lane are just as intense when fighting for promotion away to Leeds or in a Sheffield derby as they are at Old Trafford when fighting for the title and Europe.

Don’t tell me it’s any different.

It might be another testing time for Henderson and De Gea. Both 'keepers may be under review, and MU will be in the driving seat regarding where either 'keeper plays next season. From all accounts there appears to be support for De Gea within Old Trafford, so Henderson's time at MU (assuming he ends up playing for MU) will be caught in that grey area of indecision.

Personally I wouldn't be unhappy if Henderson returned to the Blades. The overall quality of his game is good, sometimes excellent. Sometimes there's a mistake waiting to happen, but overall he offers more positives than negatives so having him as our number one 'keeper makes a lot of sense. As I wrote earlier, it also enables us to confirm our position as a Prem club (bearing in mind that Henderson has an excellent defence in front of him), so a further season at the Blades harms no one.

It allows Wilder the chance to decide who he wants as this club's number one keeper, and all without that sense of desperation that might mean we sign the 'wrong' choice.

Have a like for some quality punctuation - not many posters on here would have remembered the apostrophe in 'keeper three times.

Makes sense for him to come back to us...likely to get some European experience. Man Utd will be expecting to challenge at the top and most won't expect us to be competing for Champs League places again (I personally wouldn't write anything off with Wilder ;)).
Only downside for Man Utd might be that our current playing style doesn't help Hendo improve his footwork and distribution as we tend to go longer from the keeper these days.

You obviously weren't sat around us.

Really?

It made me half emotional the way our fans reacted to Henderson's howler against Liverpool. All 3 sides chanting "Deano, Deano, Deano..." It's one of the moments that has made me most proud to be amongst Blades fans in recent history. He needed that from us and we were right behind him.

Really?

It made me half emotional the way our fans reacted to Henderson's howler against Liverpool. All 3 sides chanting "Deano, Deano, Deano..." It's one of the moments that has made me most proud to be amongst Blades fans in recent history. He needed that from us and we were right behind him.
Yeah it was a bit tongue in cheek. Bit of effing and jeffing initially but soon passed. Disappointment I think of nearly taking a deserved point off the European champions.

Back
Top Bottom