According to Macca

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hopefully one of this season's players we will keep is Ndiaye!

Seems to me that SM is saying that there will be a number of new faces and in that number will be some players arriving on loan.

Bugger me sideways. Who would have thought that.... Of course that was always going to happen. We will be spending a bit on a few permanent players thought nothing like last time in outgoing fees, and we will try to borrow a few players on loan to bring up the level with players we wouldn't have an earthly of signing on a permanent. Even the Trees with their 55 signings brought in some loan players (Henderson for example).

I expect us to be prudent but certainly not lavish with our transfer fees and recruitment. More importantly I want us to pay off our bills, and play for better infrastructure such as improving the training ground and maybe sorting the Hotel. That way we have something to show for being in the PL next time we land back in the Championship. I would also want us to pay off any monies owed to McCabe. Sometimes it's more important to spend on the home improvements rather than spending the budget available on an all inclusive to Hawaii.

He did also hint at some leaving and new ones arriving other than loans.
To be sorted in the next 7 days. Not signings but current players renewals and the policy going forward.

If the bar codes get CL, could be a few decent players available
Sean Longstaff is valued at £22m if Man C won’t sell us Doyle could be the 1 marque signing for the midfield to replace Fleck
Schar could also be available around £10m

Boro don’t go up Archer would be quality if he can’t get in at Villa, who I expect will also spend

Chelsea will have a few to loan out like Gallagher last year

Macca & Doyle should be a priority

If we kept the squad and added the 2city lads, 2 from Newcastle and Archer I think that would be enough to finish lower mid table

Seems to me that SM is saying that there will be a number of new faces and in that number will be some players arriving on loan.

Bugger me sideways. Who would have thought that.... Of course that was always going to happen. We will be spending a bit on a few permanent players thought nothing like last time in outgoing fees, and we will try to borrow a few players on loan to bring up the level with players we wouldn't have an earthly of signing on a permanent. Even the Trees with their 55 signings brought in some loan players (Henderson for example).

I expect us to be prudent but certainly not lavish with our transfer fees and recruitment. More importantly I want us to pay off our bills, and play for better infrastructure such as improving the training ground and maybe sorting the Hotel. That way we have something to show for being in the PL next time we land back in the Championship. I would also want us to pay off any monies owed to McCabe. Sometimes it's more important to spend on the home improvements rather than spending the budget available on an all inclusive to Hawaii.
Pretty much. It's a quote ripped out of context given in the same interview he says that they don't know their budget yet. He's giving a nothing answer because there's games left and he's not going to announce that we'll be turfing out some of the lads playing in them.

Can’t we only have 2 loans in the prem? 1 of them being from the Prem and another from elsewhere?

yes think theres more likely to be loans than permanents maybe with a view to buy in some cases but it is a bit scary if mcall is talking about the majority of this squad playing in the premier league that says to me were almost accepting we wont be able to stay there we need a minimum of 8 signings imo

I really hope not!
All credit to the players for getting us promoted but sometimes this season we didn't look very convincing at all.
We did a professional job in that we picked up a lot of points while not playing great.
Squad needs a freshen up no question!

Jack Lester will have his work cut out this coming pre-season.

Working with Osula, Jebbison, Brewster and McBurnie to come in with the goods as far as goals are concerned.

Top quality strikers at all levels are like gold dust.

I can see our defence getting a number of clean sheets next season but scoring goals is another matter.

Same mistakes being made on here.
Stop assuming they’re keeping us up to date with their comments to any media. Why would they? How would we help? What benefit is it for us to be in the loop?
We’re completely insignificant now until the start of next season and anything said to the press is for pretty much everyone else’s benefit outside the fans. Our current players, selling clubs, new potential players and those clubs sniffing round our existing talent. Messages the club want them to hear to help our position with them.
Don’t take anything as being entirely true until something definitively happens. There are no journos with an inside track that hasn’t been deliberately fed to them.

Can’t we only have 2 loans in the prem? 1 of them being from the Prem and another from elsewhere?

Premier League clubs are allowed to have a maximum of 4 loanees but only TWO can be registered at the same time.
So we could have 2 loans from August to December, send them back and loan 2 more different players bringing the total to 4 in a single season.

and you can't loan more than ONE player from the same club.

So regards loans we can only loan ONE player from Man City next season.
Hence many suggest we buy Doyle and loan McAtee.

Bearing in mind, he also said PH hadn’t yet met with the Prince to discuss players contracts and budget etc, I highly doubt McCall has a scooby at the minute.

Agree....think that McCall just down playing expectation....so if the worse case scenario happens....and we spend like Norwich did the other season
then everyone is prepared for the modest amount of ambition.

Jack Lester will have his work cut out this coming pre-season.

Working with Osula, Jebbison, Brewster and McBurnie to come in with the goods as far as goals are concerned.

Top quality strikers at all levels are like gold dust.

I can see our defence getting a number of clean sheets next season but scoring goals is another matter.
None of the above are no where near good enough for the premier league.

If the bar codes get CL, could be a few decent players available
Sean Longstaff is valued at £22m if Man C won’t sell us Doyle could be the 1 marque signing for the midfield to replace Fleck
Schar could also be available around £10m

Boro don’t go up Archer would be quality if he can’t get in at Villa, who I expect will also spend

Chelsea will have a few to loan out like Gallagher last year

Macca & Doyle should be a priority

If we kept the squad and added the 2city lads, 2 from Newcastle and Archer I think that would be enough to finish lower mid table
We cannot have 4 from PL at the same time

Premier League clubs are allowed to have a maximum of 4 loanees but only TWO can be registered at the same time.
So we could have 2 loans from August to December, send them back and loan 2 more different players bringing the total to 4 in a single season.

and you can't loan more than ONE player from the same club.

So regards loans we can only loan ONE player from Man City next season.
Hence many suggest we buy Doyle and loan McAtee.

You can loan loads from overseas though, so hand the binoculars to ricky and Nicolaus_Copernicus

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2022/23 (Download PDF, size: 16MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
  • Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
  • The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
  • Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
  • A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

We cannot have 4 from PL at the same time
Sorry mate, if not clear I’m thinking buy Doyle, longstaff and Schar if they will sell, then loan Macca and A.N. Other

That’s £50m spend on 3 good lads which should be achievable 👍

He absolutely did not say we’ll only be making loan signings. The only thing he definitely said is that we won’t be signing endless players like forest did.

Wes
Baldock
Bogle
Anel
Egan
RND
Norwood
Berge
Coulibaly
McB
N’Diaye
Jebbison

I reckon they’ll sign a similar number of players as last time. 10 or 11, so that’s a squad of about 23 plus youth players. Last time we got promoted we started the season with Kean Bryan, Ravel Morrison, Luke Freeman and Leon Clarke in the squad.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to perform better in the transfer market than the two years we had in the prem. The failings in the first summer were masked by a team that carried on being brilliant from the promotion season. The second summer was utterly catastrophic

This is very worrying that we plan on major perms we need to spend there is no illusion the budget maybe set I do hope who ever does comes in gives more money to hecky

I’d expect us to name the departing current players pre Brum game so we can thank them at that game.

Back
Top Bottom