Henderson - Latest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They might get 75000 , but we can out sing em any day .

Has there?

Vs Newcastle
  • first goal went pretty much through him
  • 2nd goal didn't even dive or attempt to get near it
  • 3rd goal less of a chance of saving but very half hearted attempt to save
Vs Arsenal
- 2nd goal doesn't come out and make himself big, leaves too much space for their player to slide it past him

Vs Spurs
- Disallowed goal, basically no attempt to save it

Vs Newcastle
Vs Arsenal
- 2nd goal doesn't come out and make himself big, leaves too much space for their player to slide it past him

Vs Spurs
1, no
2, maybe an argument for poor positioning
3, no

4, no. Could have stayed on his line but if he does than and they score then people ask why didn’t he come out to it, it’s a lose lose situation .

5, no. When a shot is hit that badly it makes it difficult to judge.

You also miss out his man of the match against Villa.

1, no
3, no

4, no. Could have stayed on his line but if he does than and they score then people ask why didn’t he come out to it, it’s a lose lose situation .

Against Newcastle, the first one almost went straight through him. He kicked at it and missed. He only got away with any flack because of the horrendous error before that by Enda. The second he was poorly positioned.

Against Arsenal, he left his near post open when he came out. He didn't have to come out but it is goalkeeping 101 to cover your near post. He should have left the guy with the only option to put it across him and Robinson would have been on the line and the angle would have been tight. It would have been very difficult to score.

Are we allowed to mention how poor he's been since the re-start?
No, I did that last weekend and was given a real bollocking. Thankfully he didn’t fail to show his true colours in the cup game. Cracking shot stopper, but that is all. Reminds me of David James!!

Against Newcastle, the first one almost went straight through him. He kicked at it and missed. He only got away with any flack because of the horrendous error before that by Enda. The second he was poorly positioned.

Against Arsenal, he left his near post open when he came out. He didn't have to come out but it is goalkeeping 101 to cover your near post. He should have left the guy with the only option to put it across him and Robinson would have been on the line and the angle would have been tight. It would have been very difficult to score.

There is absolutely no way Henderson could be ready for Stevens to make the error that he did against Newcastle. On top of that it was a first time shot so he couldn't set himself to make the save.

He was a bit rash for the Arsenal winner but again, defensively we were all over the show.

Yes he's made a couple of mistakes but he's also pulled off some VERY good saves that he's made look simple.

I think he did have to come and close the angle
I also think he expected Robinson? to cover the space behind him but he just stood static Henderson’s role was to make it as difficult as possible thus allowing the defenders to get into position
What he got wrong was as he closed the angle he left a little too much of a gap to his near post

No, I did that last weekend and was given a real bollocking. Thankfully he didn’t fail to show his true colours in the cup game. Cracking shot stopper, but that is all. Reminds me of David James!!
What time did you get to the pub pal???
Henderson has been brilliant for us since arriving from the Mancs, every keeper has an error in them, and Henderson is no different, but without some of his performances we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are, for every bad decision the lad has made, he's followed that up with 10 good!
Also, the whole team have suffered since lock down, and the errors in defence have caused more grief to us than Henderson.

Anyway, in other news.....https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/manchester-united-news/manchester-united-dean-henderson-gives-red-devils-an-ultimatum-to-force-solskjaer-to-make-decision/amp/

Vs Newcastle
Vs Arsenal

Vs Spurs

The disallowed goal against Spurs was caused by Kane miss-hitting his shot. He shaped to shoot one way but because he didn’t hit it properly it went the other. Had he hit it properly it would’ve been saved.

None of the goals against Newcastle were his fault.

The 2nd against Arsenal wasn’t great but you would expect the striker to score from there.

You’re also forgetting/ignoring how good he was against Villa

Always been interesting fans views on goalkeepers. People watching the same game with such differing views. Henderson has been outstanding for us but is not the finished article imo. He's clearly made a couple of mistakes in recent games and to deny it is fairly ridiculous. Nick Pope is the interesting one for me. An England international and 13 clean sheets for Burnley but possibly one of the worst goalies currently in the premier league. I've never seen a goalkeeper attempt to save so many shots with his legs rather than his hands. His performance at the Lane this season was shocking. Let's hope there's more of the same tomorrow.

1, no
3, no

You either know nothing about goalkeeping or you've watched different games to me.

Are you genuinely suggesting he ‘didn’t even try to save it’?

Have a word with yourself.

Disallowed Spurs goal - he's flat footed and so instead of diving to save a fairly weak shot, just sticks a leg out and misses it.

Yeah, I've learnt my lesson we definitely aren't allowed to point out that he's not been very good.

He had a good game against Villa so we have to ignore the fact he hasn't turned up for a game since 🙄

Oh dear. Talk about knowing your audience 🤣

You have absolutely no idea about goal keepers or goal keeping if you do not understand why Newcastles first goal was conceded.

UTB

You're right I have no idea, apart from having a father who's an ex-pro keeper, 4 years as a keeper in 2 different academies myself and personal friends who are currently working as GK coaches in professional clubs. But you're right, I've no idea...

Last edited:
You're right I have no idea, apart from having a father who's an ex-pro keeper, 4 years as a keeper in 2 different academies myself and personal friends who are currently working as GK coaches in professional clubs. But you're right, I've no idea...
Too many forum know it alls mate don't waste your time your opinion counts for nothing

Yeah, I've learnt my lesson we definitely aren't allowed to point out that he's not been very good.
At most I think you had 4 people disagree with your post and a couple agree with you, you great drama queen. :rolleyes:

Too many forum know it alls mate don't waste your time your opinion counts for nothing
35A1B3DC-6946-46B9-9155-509A59E13139.gif

that's fine - he obviously hasn't taught you anything then.

There is one basic rule of goalkeeping that is like the holy grail to a goal keeper- taught as a basic by academy coaches to all young goal keepers. It's what sets them up when facing ANY situation whether it's a shot or something else..

I've given you a clue as to what it is, but if you don't know then you don't know.

ALL goal keepers speak the same language as they are all part of the goal keepers union, but this is the one of the few basics they adhere to - sadly Henderson couldn't due to the unfortunate error by Stevens.

I'll leave you to ponder what it might be - but it really is straight forward - go and ASK any goalkeeper - they'll enlighten you.

UTB

Whatever the arguments...and my view is hes had a brilliant season but since the restart his standards have dropped...one thing is for sure he definitely wont have convinced Solskjaer hes ready to be Man Us number 1

If ur going to shout your mouth off about only coming back if you replace the worlds highest paid keeper you had better back it up with world class performances. Since the restart he hasn't done this which is good news for us

I always thought I was going to make it as a keeper at 5 yeas of age whilst stopping stones in the playground at Holy Rood school. Fortunately, as odd as I am, I wasn't mad enough to be a goalkeeper

that's fine - he obviously hasn't taught you anything then.

There is one basic rule of goalkeeping that is like the holy grail to a goal keeper- taught as a basic by academy coaches to all young goal keepers. It's what sets them up when facing ANY situation whether it's a shot or something else..

I've given you a clue as to what it is, but if you don't know then you don't know.

ALL goal keepers speak the same language as they are all part of the goal keepers union, but this is the one of the few basics they adhere to - sadly Henderson couldn't due to the unfortunate error by Stevens.

I'll leave you to ponder what it might be - but it really is straight forward - go and ASK any goalkeeper - they'll enlighten you.

UTB

Is the one basic rule to not anticipate any eventuality? Yes Stevens missed it, but that was always possible. Henderson switched off assuming Stevens would clear it. So yes he wasn't set to be able to make the save, but he should have been. Not anticipating that Stevens could miss it was Hendersons error.

Whatever the arguments...and my view is hes had a brilliant season but since the restart his standards have dropped...one thing is for sure he definitely wont have convinced Solskjaer hes ready to be Man Us number 1

If ur going to shout your mouth off about only coming back if you replace the worlds highest paid keeper you had better back it up with world class performances. Since the restart he hasn't done this which is good news for us

He has been brilliant for a few seasons for us, but my point was exactly this. He's performances since the re-start haven't been the usual standard.

Watching the disallowed goal again I can't decide if it is a mishit or a brilliantly disguised shot from kane. It looks like he is going to leather the shot in at the near post but ends up toe poking the ball the other way.

I've got nothing against Hendo as a goalie, in fact I think he's a cracker, but what does get's up my nose is he's not our Goalie he's Man U's, and for me that put's us at a disadvantage we can least afford every time we play them, plus there's also this feeling of having to go cap in hand to them every season ,
So no matter how important I may feel he is for us, I'd be much happier if next season Mr Wilder offered him the job here, and if he's still not keen go out and buy in a goalkeeper of our own.

I've got nothing against Hendo as a goalie, in fact I think he's a cracker, but what does get's up my nose is he's not our Goalie he's Man U's, and for me that put's us at a disadvantage we can least afford every time we play them, plus there's also this feeling of having to go cap in hand to them every season ,
So no matter how important I may feel he is for us, I'd be much happier if next season Mr Wilder offered him the job here, and if he's still not keen go out and buy in a goalkeeper of our own.

but isn’t that an example of cutting your nose off to spite your face?
Whilst his dream club Msn Utd are still interested then Henderson will never join us.....no matter what we offer. However the current loan deal is one of those rare situation where everyone benefits....Man Utd..Sheff Utd and Henderson (all 3 parties) have benefited massively from the loan deal and long may it continue.

To be honest I think a factor regards Henderson could be if Bournmouth are relegated.
Would imagine ex Blade Aaron Ramsdale would be high up on the realistic target list.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom