According to Macca

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can’t be true surely, most of the out of contract players don’t need renewing! Stevens, Fleck, Norwood, McBurnie, Robinson, Billy, Wes are nowhere near good enough to start in the prem.
Don’t we have a 12 month option on McB? I could see us triggering that to have him as back up.

I doubt all the rest will be leaving either.

Can’t be true surely, most of the out of contract players don’t need renewing! Stevens, Fleck, Norwood, McBurnie, Robinson, Billy, Wes are nowhere near good enough to start in the prem.
You can't seriously think that we're going to sign replacements for all those players?

You can't seriously think that we're going to sign replacements for all those players?
Maybe not but none of them are nowhere near good enough, we need to move on from that era. Sentiment isn’t going to score you goals to keep you up.

So he said
Maybe not but none of them are nowhere near good enough, we need to move on from that era. Sentiment isn’t going to score you goals to keep you up.
thats a great contribution
Who do you think is good enough and who would you put around them and how much woukd it cost ?

If the bar codes get CL, could be a few decent players available
Sean Longstaff is valued at £22m if Man C won’t sell us Doyle could be the 1 marque signing for the midfield to replace Fleck
Schar could also be available around £10m

Boro don’t go up Archer would be quality if he can’t get in at Villa, who I expect will also spend

Chelsea will have a few to loan out like Gallagher last year

Macca & Doyle should be a priority

If we kept the squad and added the 2city lads, 2 from Newcastle and Archer I think that would be enough to finish lower mid table

Said on tv last week that Villa are looking for a Prem loan for Archer next season.

I'd be content if we got him.

All the current squad will each get a large promotion bonus. Press say £8 mill split and will be £250,000 plus each. This means I think we can be satisfied that players like Bash who have been great servants to the club can leave with a really good payout and still be able to get a reasonable salary at say League One level (like Didsy) for 2 or 3 seasons.

All the current squad will each get a large promotion bonus. Press say £8 mill split and will be £250,000 plus each. This means I think we can be satisfied that players like Bash who have been great servants to the club can leave with a really good payout and still be able to get a reasonable salary at say League One level (like Didsy) for 2 or 3 seasons.
Bash has another year

I also think that fans don't realise it's not simply a case of replacing a player with a better player. We play in a system which is drilled into players. You can't simply replace half the first team and then expect that system to work. We've seen with the time it took the Man City lads to get up to speed and with Coulibaly that this isn't a given.

As we saw against City, mistakes at the top level get punished. Fail to track a few runs, cover a CB going forward or give the ball away high upfield easily results in bring 5:0 down.

The system is much better than the players individually. We saw that with Slav. You can't simply bring in replacements and expect the team to work.

“players don’t need renewing! Stevens, Fleck, Norwood, McBurnie, Robinson, Billy, Wes”

“Working with Osula, Jebbison, Brewster and McBurnie
None of the above are no where near good enough for the premier league”

Right, so your saying we need - good enough for the PL - guesstimation in() - a new LB(10m), MF x2 (£50m), CB(£15m), ST (25m), GK(£15m) = £115m

Plus… 3 other strikers, who if the above aren’t good enough, the new lads should be good enough, so another £60m

That’s £175m outlay 😂😂

Fwiw - Robbo, Wes, Norwood, McB, Brewster - all good enough squad players

Bring in Schar, longstaff, Doyle permanent, Macca + Archer loans we’ll be reyt

“players don’t need renewing! Stevens, Fleck, Norwood, McBurnie, Robinson, Billy, Wes”

Right, so your saying we need - good enough for the PL - guesstimation in() - a new LB(10m), MF x2 (£50m), CB(£15m), ST (25m), GK(£15m) = £115m

Plus… 3 other strikers, who if the above aren’t good enough, the new lads should be good enough, so another £60m

That’s £175m outlay 😂😂

Where are the goals going to come from??
We 100% need two midfielders, Fleck and Norwood are not premier league starters.
We do need 2 strikers, surely can’t be relying on the current crop to score enough to keep us up?

Sorry mate, if not clear I’m thinking buy Doyle, longstaff and Schar if they will sell, then loan Macca and A.N. Other

That’s £50m spend on 3 good lads which should be achievable 👍
Good choices but will we have £50m to spare after balancing the books, paying bonuses and allowing for substantial increases in salary costs ?
Maybe half that amount this window and some more in the JTW if realistic

Where are the goals going to come from??
We 100% need two midfielders, Fleck and Norwood are not premier league starters.
We do need 2 strikers, surely can’t be relying on the current crop to score enough to keep us up?
Don’t get me wrong mate, I don’t disagree on where we need to strengthen - but we also have to be realistic, how much once we’ve settled debts, renewed contracts, covered loans etc do you think we will spend, not how much we would love to, but realistically without doing to us again what we did 2 years ago?

Who, names and value would you be calling for if you were sat in the boardroom?

Directly above this message I have called out names and values equaling £50m and snowflake is questioning that - possibly rightly

I also think that fans don't realise it's not simply a case of replacing a player with a better player. We play in a system which is drilled into players. You can't simply replace half the first team and then expect that system to work. We've seen with the time it took the Man City lads to get up to speed and with Coulibaly that this isn't a given.

As we saw against City, mistakes at the top level get punished. Fail to track a few runs, cover a CB going forward or give the ball away high upfield easily results in bring 5:0 down.

The system is much better than the players individually. We saw that with Slav. You can't simply bring in replacements and expect the team to work.
100% this - we’ll be underdogs in almost every single game next season, so we need to find ways to compete, advantages we can exploit.

We aren’t going to sign better quality players than the rest (too pricey, too much competition) and we don’t have any wacky tactical innovations to bamboozle like last time (don’t think Hecky is going to come up with the next “overlapping centre backs” over the summer) - so what does that leave us…

1 - well drilled squad who understand the system and each others games; and

2 - togetherness and genuine team spirit fostered from playing together regularly and being respected by coaches and management.

If you sack off half the squad and replace them with “better” players you potentially throw away the only advantages/strengths we have.

“Evolution not revolution”

Don’t get me wrong mate, I don’t disagree on where we need to strengthen - but we also have to be realistic, how much once we’ve settled debts, renewed contracts, covered loans etc do you think we will spend, not how much we would love to, but realistically without doing to us again what we did 2 years ago?

Who, names and value would you be calling for if you were sat in the boardroom?

Directly above this message I have called out names and values equaling £50m and snowflake is questioning that - possibly rightly
I’d imagine somewhere around that figure which suggests it’s going to be a hard slog.
I think the little money we do have has to be prioritised on the midfield and strikers.
Hopefully can pick up a couple of decent loans.

100% this - we’ll be underdogs in almost every single game next season, so we need to find ways to compete, advantages we can exploit.

We aren’t going to sign better quality players than the rest (too pricey, too much competition) and we don’t have any wacky tactical innovations to bamboozle like last time (don’t think Hecky is going to come up with the next “overlapping centre backs” over the summer) - so what does that leave us…

1 - well drilled squad who understand the system and each others games; and

2 - togetherness and genuine team spirit fostered from playing together regularly and being respected by coaches and management.

If you sack off half the squad and replace them with “better” players you potentially throw away the only advantages/strengths we have.

“Evolution not revolution”
I think much of next season will be like the game against City. Defend as a team and try and get something on the break.

Good choices but will we have £50m to spare after balancing the books, paying bonuses and allowing for substantial increases in salary costs ?
Maybe half that amount this window and some more in the JTW if realistic
We desperately need to sort the training ground out as well. I'd rather sort out the long-term future of the club and sign a few loan players/extend contracts for a year/sign a few prospects.

I honestly don't think Macca knows anything.

Not a criticism.

Of course we will look at loan players next year. That's a given. Two of our most successful players - Doyle and McAtee - arrived on loan. Why wouldn't we?

I think it will be interesting who goes down.

Will we be able to loan players from the Championship that those clubs want to keep longer term but who don't want to drop a level.

What if Everton go down? Maybe Calvert-Lewin and Cody don't want to drop, Everton want to keep, and could do a year on loan with us. Loans from the Championship don't count towards your two loan quota.

I doubt he'd be available because they paid so much for him, but what if Gibbs-White was the same?

Truth is, we need to consider every avenue. Out of contract players, players with a year remaining, loan players, undervalued players. What we need to a are bidding wars and paying over the odds for players. McBurnie in my view was good for 12m. 17.5m rising to 20m was a lot. Brewster was a 10m player with incentives rising to perhaps double that. He wasn't a 23.5m player. These deals are the ones to avoid. Anyone taking the piss and we should walk away. There are plenty of players that can improve us.

Some of the people on here are living in cloud cuckoo land.

We aren't spending £50-£60m on any players. If we spend even half that I'll be suprised.

We were a none promotion away from getting the bailiffs in this year. The last thing we need is to put the long term future of the club at risk chasing an impossible dream.

Take the money, bring in a few free transfers and loans, maybe blood a few more youngsters and just enjoy the season whatever it brings.

Some of the people on here are living in cloud cuckoo land.

We aren't spending £50-£60m on any players. If we spend even half that I'll be suprised.

We were a none promotion away from getting the bailiffs in this year. The last thing we need is to put the long term future of the club at risk chasing an impossible dream.

Take the money, bring in a few free transfers and loans, maybe blood a few more youngsters and just enjoy the season whatever it brings.
Can’t wait to get 5 and 6 put past us every week🤦‍♂️

As far as I'm aware we can only have 1 loanee from the PL?

Unless the loans come from overseas I can't see this being correct.

As far as I'm aware we can only have 1 loanee from the PL?

Unless the loans come from overseas I can't see this being correct.
Two loans from different clubs at any one time, although you can have up to a maximum of four loans throughout the season but not all at the same time.

That’s £175m outlay 😂😂

Not if they go down the loan route

Jacob Greaves LCB £5m?
Lewis O'Brien LCM £7m?
Hamza Choudhury DM out of contract? Or £7m
Tommy Doyle CM £12m?
Viktor Gyokores ST £15m?
Ronnie Edwards CB,RCB £3m?
Something like that would be good. Plus a couple of loans, Mcatee? Henderson? Then see what the foreign markets have to offer as well.

Back
Top Bottom