CONFIRMED CCV Back to Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just seen Andy Giddings on twitter claim that we sent CCV back, not a recall.

Abit surprised. Sorry if its already been mentioned.

Edit: and Wilder points out that Leonard can play that role if required.

Attachments

• EEE69B6B-C2D8-4FB6-98EC-6E5BB56067E5.jpeg
    EEE69B6B-C2D8-4FB6-98EC-6E5BB56067E5.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 176

CCV now gone to Ipswich

11:07

CARTER-VICKERS JOINS IPSWICH

Tottenham centre-back Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Ipswich Town on loan for the rest of the season

He was recently recalled from a loan at Sheffield United, where he was not getting a great deal of game time.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Official_ITFC/status/954307469785948160
Ipswich Town FC

✔@Official_ITFC

270d.png
| Town have completed the signing of Cameron Carter-Vickers from @SpursOfficial on loan until the end of the season #itfc

1f449.png
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/ipswich-town-sign-cameron-carter-vickers/ …

11:00 AM - Jan 19, 2018

Doesn't look like it was Wilder's decision to send him back then. Spurs will have had something to do with it for him to go out on loan so quickly.

Good move for him by the way.

Doesn't look like it was Wilder's decision to send him back then. Spurs will have had something to do with it for him to go out on loan so quickly.

No doubt the recall was activated by Spurs, but Wilder makes it clear in his interview yesterday that this was following Wilder giving Spurs an honest assessment of his likelihood of playing regularly in the second half of the season. I doubt that would have been as frank had he been particularly fussed about keeping him.

No doubt the recall was activated by Spurs, but Wilder makes it clear in his interview yesterday that this was following Wilder giving Spurs an honest assessment of his likelihood of playing regularly in the second half of the season. I doubt that would have been as frank had he been particularly fussed about keeping him.
Makes sense long term. We may want to loan another player off Spurs one day so there's no point pretending he's going to play a lot when he isn't. It doesn't help anyone.

Think it's just a case that Ipswich can pretty much guarantee him a first team place (they've had their left-back playing at centre-half recently, so I believe).

With the embarrassment of riches in terms of forward players we've now got, even a place on the bench would've been far from guaranteed here. Reckon that CW will overload on attacking options on the bench from hereon in.

Best of luck to CCV, hope it comes off for him.

'where he was not getting a great deal of game time'.
He's played in every game bar 2 matches hasn't he??

It’s a shame Tottenham didn’t believe in his ability to fight for the shirt.

It’s a shame Tottenham didn’t believe in his ability to fight for the shirt.

They are a Premier League club.

At this stage in his career he is nowhere near being a Premier League player so what would be the point of him 'fighting for a shirt'?

I suppose he's a big lad and might be a reet good feiter, but punching Dier and Ali would seem counter productive to squad morale.

They are a Premier League club.

At this stage in his career he is nowhere near being a Premier League player so what would be the point of him 'fighting for a shirt'?

I suppose he's a big lad and might be a reet good feiter, but punching Dier and Ali would seem counter productive to squad morale.
If he ain't good enough to fight for a shirt here, he'll never be good enough to fight for a shirt at spurs.

Wilder shared a very similar viewpoint upon sending Whiteman to Mansfield. He doesn't want his players going for an automatic starting spot, and I agree entirely.

If he ain't good enough to fight for a shirt here, he'll never be good enough to fight for a shirt at spurs.

Wilder shared a very similar viewpoint upon sending Whiteman to Mansfield. He doesn't want his players going for an automatic starting spot, and I agree entirely.

I'd agree there. Surely a player fighting for a place, and achieving it on merit is far better for his development then sticking a player in there who patently isn't good enough?

From Spurs’ perspective they will need to make a decision in the next year whether he’s good enough, if they decide ‘no’ and he’s had a full season in the Championship barring a few games he’s worth more than if he’s been sat in their reserves or on our bench.

dannysufc_ apologies as I thought you meant fighting for a shirt at Spurs.

I take your point completely that if their is any sense of entitlement whereby he thinks a premier player is guaranteed a shirt, then CW will have him out of the door faster than you can say "proper football club".

dannysufc_ apologies as I thought you meant fighting for a shirt at Spurs.

I take your point completely that if their is any sense of entitlement whereby he thinks a premier player is guaranteed a shirt, then CW will have him out of the door faster than you can say "proper football club".
No worries pal.

Nah, I think he’s going to Ipswich knowing he’s a guaranteed starter. Obviously spurs decision.

It’s a shame on their part if you ask me. I hope Chelsea don’t recall Blackman for the same reason but I doubt they will.

After spending most weeks commenting after Deadbat's reports that I have been uncomfortable with the lad I'm glad he's gone back.

CW gave him such a good chance to establish himself, even at the expense of Wright. He learned a lot but didn't improve.

CW gave him such a good chance to establish himself, even at the expense of Wright. He learned a lot but didn't improve.

A bit unfair that IMHO. He did improve, but just not enough.

He played a significant part in our 4-2 win at the Sty and must always be remembered for that. True, he didn't develop into the commanding centre half that I expected, but he won us 3 points at Bolton as well as that memorable day at the sty.

He seemed to go backwards massively after the Fulham game and didn't seem to deal well with the mistakes he made.

My only other issue would be why he played in flat soles and wouldn't wear studs, as he seemed to fall over at least twice every game.

In an absolutely sincere and 100% genuine way, GLTTL.

A bit unfair that IMHO. He did improve, but just not enough.

He played a significant part in our 4-2 win at the Sty and must always be remembered for that. True, he didn't develop into the commanding centre half that I expected, but he won us 3 points at Bolton as well as that memorable day at the sty.

He seemed to go backwards massively after the Fulham game and didn't seem to deal well with the mistakes he made.

My only other issue would be why he played in flat soles and wouldn't wear studs, as he seemed to fall over at least twice every game.

In an absolutely sincere and 100% genuine way, GLTTL.

I'm 100% certain it was entirely down to his reactions not his studs but I know exactly what you mean. Always slow in thought and powerful in action, often somewhat behind the pace.

Always slow in thought and powerful in action, often somewhat behind the pace.

A bit like an old fashioned centre half, where he was superb facing the ball and heading it away but a bit suspect when someone with pace turned him.

That is not a great CV for premiership success.

CCV did what we needed him to do, and other than a few shakey moments was alright on the whole. But wilder is right to send him back, we don’t need him now.

He was brilliant during our good run and pretty poor during our bad run.

I wish him all the best, reckon he'll turn out to be a solid player at this level.

Back
Top Bottom