#HerGameToo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

True "coincidence" story.

The guy with the Season Ticket next to mine swapped his ticket yesterday as he had other people coming with him. Consequently, his seat was up for general sale. A lovely bloke bought it & sat next to me. We exchanged pleasantries, he told me he posts on this Forum. I said - so do I. His first question was...

You're not pommpey are you?

I couldn't help myself - "yes, how did you guess?"
I trust you corrected that?

I'll be in Sheffield next month and at the Wigan game

pommpey

Hot taps working and hand towels fully stocked in the ladies today for SUFC women’s game. What wasn’t fully stocked was the tickets, so mates of mine had to wait and miss KO whilst the club found some more down the back of the sofa in the ticket office.

Another suggestion for improvements to match day experience would be free sanitary products. Lots of clubs already provide them free, either in a box or just taking the need for coins off the machines we already have installed

Hot taps working and hand towels fully stocked in the ladies today for SUFC women’s game. What wasn’t fully stocked was the tickets, so mates of mine had to wait and miss KO whilst the club found some more down the back of the sofa in the ticket office.

Another suggestion for improvements to match day experience would be free sanitary products. Lots of clubs already provide them free, either in a box or just taking the need for coins off the machines we already have installed

All sanitary products for women should be free IMHO. Fucking travesty paying for that.

pommpey

'Lesbian Visibility Day'. What, The, Fuck.

At my gig on Saturday I could see six or seven from the stage. They didn't need T Shirts or hashtags either. They seemed to be having a fucking fun time, one even seemed to be making moves on a mate of mine's ex-girlfriend. This is the way.

pommpey

This #her missed it all by staying out for an extra pint and needing a wee at half time.

My matchday experience has been much the same.

I'm even (gasp) sitting on my own as it seems everyone around me has neshed out with the weather.
I don't know about pre match but you missed nothing at half time. I assumed they'd postponed it because of the weather. The subs were wearing regular bibs for the half time warm up too.

How long did you have to queue for that wee? Do you have to pre plan to factor in the queuing time? That extra pint can't have helped matters.

I don't know about pre match but you missed nothing at half time. I assumed they'd postponed it because of the weather. The subs were wearing regular bibs for the half time warm up too.

How long did you have to queue for that wee? Do you have to pre plan to factor in the queuing time? That extra pint can't have helped matters.

I'm still waiting for the measurables achieved by the KPIs after Saturday's token t-shirt and bib wearing.

Pretty sure Phil will have summat from twitter that will tell us infidels what the fucking thing amounted to apart from 'raise awareness'.

Has there ever been a more contemptible phrase than 'raise awareness' by the way? How many, for example, prior to everyone wearing t-shirts (for fear of being ostracised more than anything else) came away from that game thinking 'd'you know? I was completely unaware of women playing sport, especially football. And they need so much more support in that!'?

Meanwhile, Sam Kerr runs onto a punt from James and brilliantly chips the keeper to put Chelsea Women 1-0 up v Man U and Rachel Daly scores a reyt fucking goyal for Villa v West Ham. If only Sander fucking Berge could hit a strike like that, eh?

#OurGameToo

pommpey

Marvellous... can we have toilets that flush properly and running water in the sinks?

Kinda important for the "women's matchday experience".
You’ll be wanting to vote next

I'm still waiting for the measurables achieved by the KPIs after Saturday's token t-shirt and bib wearing.

Pretty sure Phil will have summat from twitter that will tell us infidels what the fucking thing amounted to apart from 'raise awareness'.

Has there ever been a more contemptible phrase than 'raise awareness' by the way? How many, for example, prior to everyone wearing t-shirts (for fear of being ostracised more than anything else) came away from that game thinking 'd'you know? I was completely unaware of women playing sport, especially football. And they need so much more support in that!'?

Meanwhile, Sam Kerr runs onto a punt from James and brilliantly chips the keeper to put Chelsea Women 1-0 up v Man U and Rachel Daly scores a reyt fucking goyal for Villa v West Ham. If only Sander fucking Berge could hit a strike like that, eh?

#OurGameToo

pommpey
There weren't any bibs... But you knew that.

Also, it was Sunday's game as well as Saturday.

pommpey
As soon as the #HerGameToo partnership with SUFC was announced, I reached out to some of the Ambassadors who are Blades. Asked a few questions, offered my support, etc. That's very easy to do, there is no secret who they are. They're just fellow Blades.
I'm happy to be an ally. Happy to plug it. But, it's not my initiative. I've said - I'm happy to show solidarity for showing solidarity. You've damned me for that.
Given how strongly you feel, why don't you simply reach out to them & explain directly to them? Surely that's going to get your message across more successfully than just coming at me with the KPI argument in post after post.
I've said already, I switched off once you co-opted Ellen White MBE to your argument. Still funny as fuck and I can't take what you say seriously after that.

Just tell the Hers directly, that'll be best.

pommpey
As soon as the #HerGameToo partnership with SUFC was announced, I reached out to some of the Ambassadors who are Blades. Asked a few questions, offered my support, etc. That's very easy to do, there is no secret who they are. They're just fellow Blades.

What did that achieve?

I'm happy to be an ally. Happy to plug it. But, it's not my initiative. I've said - I'm happy to show solidarity for showing solidarity. You've damned me for that.

No. I have criticised the movement for being a toothless virtue signalling vehicle which despite you asking if I knew anything about it, on examination and further questioning, you still can't come up with a scintilla of proof it actually does anything to move women in sport one centimetre along a path as yet undefined. Meanwhile ... women play football.

Given how strongly you feel, why don't you simply reach out to them & explain directly to them? Surely that's going to get your message across more successfully than just coming at me with the KPI argument in post after post.

Why should I when you are here sticking pointless tweets up as 'bait' for critics such as me? And the KPIs remain useless except to scratch the backs of 'campaigners' whose ultimate goal aint owt to do with sport ... it's more about posture than policy or principles isn't it?
I've said already, I switched off once you co-opted Ellen White MBE to your argument. Still funny as fuck and I can't take what you say seriously after that.

Not really. Ellen White means more to me as a footballer than she does to you as a vehicle. She'd be a bit stupid to reject association with #HGT wouldn't she? Can you tell me what her advocation has achieved, by the way? (I think I know what the answer is here)

Just tell the Hers directly, that'll be best.

You're their rep on here, so I'll tell you

pommpey

i guess its true what they say that if your exposed to something when your you just assume this is the norm. its probally why im in the minority for this & never seen the issue with women going to football. i started with my granddad until he passed & since i was 11 ive been going all over the country with my mum, my auntie theyve been going since the mid 80s & now its turned on its head as i take my niece.

i see why the need for her game too, because it starts the conversation. because I would upset if my niece wasnt taken seriously talking about football because of her gender & not her opinions. which we see alot with the get back in the kitchen or even the reason why Jeff stelling had to wear pink trousers in solidarity with Michelle owen. you never see it the other way around where someone having ago at Jeff for his suits

i dont see the need for comparison. Footballs football . we dont compare, Laura Kenny with Chris Hoy, Paula Radcliffe with Mo Farah, or Dina Asher Smith with Usain Bolt. so why do we compare with Steph Houghton with Ruben Diaz. i will say the Women's euros is 1 of favourite things ive ever seen at bramall lane on par with the men. im so glad I went & anyone didnt you missed out big time

i guess its true what they say that if your exposed to something when your you just assume this is the norm. its probally why im in the minority for this & never seen the issue with women going to football. i started with my granddad until he passed & since i was 11 ive been going all over the country with my mum, my auntie theyve been going since the mid 80s & now its turned on its head as i take my niece.

i see why the need for her game too, because it starts the conversation. because I would upset if my niece wasnt taken seriously talking about football because of her gender & not her opinions. which we see alot with the get back in the kitchen or even the reason why Jeff stelling had to wear pink trousers in solidarity with Michelle owen. you never see it the other way around where someone having ago at Jeff for his suits

i dont see the need for comparison. Footballs football . we dont compare, Laura Kenny with Chris Hoy, Paula Radcliffe with Mo Farah, or Dina Asher Smith with Usain Bolt. so why do we compare with Steph Houghton with Ruben Diaz. i will say the Women's euros is 1 of favourite things ive ever seen at bramall lane on par with the men. im so glad I went & anyone didnt you missed out big time
I could be wrong because it's hard to understand what #HerGameToo is trying to achieve, however the most important thing, aside from the flag waving, is to highlight that unacceptable behaviour can be reported, something I think most supporters who go to even the odd game would know already. I don't think it stretches to them not being taken seriously when giving opinions on football. I suppose if they got punched in the face for giving an opinion, that would count.

The only time I've seen the get back in the kitchen type comments are on social media where the instigators can hide behind a keyboard. I'd like to see someone try that with Linz at a match.

#OurGameToo

pommpey
Poor old Sander, he's been getting some pelters on here recently.

#SandersGameToo

The hard work that's been going on for the last 30 years in grass roots girls football has over the last few years paid off . inclusion for girls now in football is a non issue ,there's as many lasses playing as lads

I could be wrong because it's hard to understand what #HerGameToo is trying to achieve, however the most important thing, aside from the flag waving, is to highlight that unacceptable behaviour can be reported, something I think most supporters who go to even the odd game would know already. I don't think it stretches to them not being taken seriously when giving opinions on football. I suppose if they got punched in the face for giving an opinion, that would count.

The only time I've seen the get back in the kitchen type comments are on social media where the instigators can hide behind a keyboard. I'd like to see someone try that with Linz at a match.
im sure most are lovely. but there is always an undercurrent that some men would like it to keep it as all male only sport or that women have to prove themselves in way that men dont.

any remind is good & change we will know in 5-10 yrs

The hard work that's been going on for the last 30 years in grass roots girls football has over the last few years paid off . inclusion for girls now in football is a non issue ,there's as many lasses playing as lads
I presume the problems begin when girls become women and boys become men? And quite a few of the older supporters who may well not be as progressive.

Back
Top Bottom