#HerGameToo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The hard work that's been going on for the last 30 years in grass roots girls football has over the last few years paid off . inclusion for girls now in football is a non issue ,there's as many lasses playing as lads
There are nowhere near as many girls playing grassroots football as there are boys. It’s got better but the girls league in Sheffield is nowhere near the size and depth as the mixed league and there’s the odd girl playing in mixed teams and the odd girls only team playing in the mixed leagues.

The frustration I have with grassroots girls football is that there are loads of people wanting girls to ‘train’ but then not anywhere near enough opportunities to actually play matches. Football is all about the buzz of playing matches and scoring more goals than the opposition, so this needs addressing across all age groups.

I’m currently starting a girls team for my daughter as it’s the only way she’ll get chance to play with similar level players in a league setting. The mixed game has completely let her down.

There are nowhere near as many girls playing grassroots football as there are boys. It’s got better but the girls league in Sheffield is nowhere near the size and depth as the mixed league and there’s the odd girl playing in mixed teams and the odd girls only team playing in the mixed leagues.

The frustration I have with grassroots girls football is that there are loads of people wanting girls to ‘train’ but then not anywhere near enough opportunities to actually play matches. Football is all about the buzz of playing matches and scoring more goals than the opposition, so this needs addressing across all age groups.

I’m currently starting a girls team for my daughter as it’s the only way she’ll get chance to play with similar level players in a league setting. The mixed game has completely let her down.
Access to pitches, and the blokes using the pitches not being complete cunts is also a challenge for grassroots women’s teams. We played at Goals a couple of times but never again after the comments from blokes directed at us. The staff didn’t deal with it effectively, and their ‘solution’ is supposedly some signs telling people not to be arseholes. Rumour has it that they’ve been promising these signs for the last few years.

Would #HerGameToo match days change the minds of those blokes, maybe not. It’s men that need to be having these chats with each other and telling their mates to stop with sexist comments and actions.

I'm still waiting for the measurables achieved by the KPIs after Saturday's token t-shirt and bib wearing.

Pretty sure Phil will have summat from twitter that will tell us infidels what the fucking thing amounted to apart from 'raise awareness'.

Has there ever been a more contemptible phrase than 'raise awareness' by the way? How many, for example, prior to everyone wearing t-shirts (for fear of being ostracised more than anything else) came away from that game thinking 'd'you know? I was completely unaware of women playing sport, especially football. And they need so much more support in that!'?

Meanwhile, Sam Kerr runs onto a punt from James and brilliantly chips the keeper to put Chelsea Women 1-0 up v Man U and Rachel Daly scores a reyt fucking goyal for Villa v West Ham. If only Sander fucking Berge could hit a strike like that, eh?

#OurGameToo

pommpey

Punt? PUNT? Norwood dreams about that sort of pass

Access to pitches, and the blokes using the pitches not being complete cunts is also a challenge for grassroots women’s teams. We played at Goals a couple of times but never again after the comments from blokes directed at us. The staff didn’t deal with it effectively, and their ‘solution’ is supposedly some signs telling people not to be arseholes. Rumour has it that they’ve been promising these signs for the last few years.

Would #HerGameToo match days change the minds of those blokes, maybe not. It’s men that need to be having these chats with each other and telling their mates to stop with sexist comments and actions.
Simply put. No and it never will

Call me a pessimist but I prefer to think of it as being a realist. While we're allowed the freedom of thought every single 'ism' will always exist. It doesn't mean to say its right and it should be ignored but to think it will ever disappear is just silly. United and many other teams have happily championed the women's game and that's all they need to do, keep supporting it, it will grow, but to think any comments anything will ever stop? Just no. I've seen online hate being mentioned too, that's a laugh, how in the fuck can you stop that. Well, I have an idea but they won't like it.

What about relating pay to revenue generated
Its a difficult one is that, although the idea in principle is sound. Its which part of the business we are looking at, if non playing side then 100% agree should be based on talent and there shouldn't be a gender gap (talking club shop, ticketing, customer service, medical services, physios) etc.

The difficulty comes with the Mens and Womens playing squad, how do you offset the revenue for merchandise sales as a starter. The men's and women's kit is the same which is correct to keep the "United brand" however a bit difficult to buy a Men's shirt for a woman so to speak or the other way round.

If the women's side are playing at Bramall Lane and training at Shirecliffe for example the costings would be too complex to work out as in theory they would end up indebted to the men's side of the business as the women's side haven't contributed funding for the development of either facility. Infrastructure wise is always going to be a touché issue. Due to this and the amount of money in the men's game there is always going to be this imbalance when any women's side is using joint facilities where the men's side are high up the pyramid.

Peeks into thread...
"Is it safe..."
Further support from SUFC for #HerGameToo

Peeks into thread...
"Is it safe..."
Further support from SUFC for #HerGameToo

I think this is worthwhile and don't have any issues with it, but wish the club would just treat the women's team better. Photos on the big screen of female fans but no mention of the women's team in the announcement about academy and training ground updates. Deeds not words.

I think this is worthwhile and don't have any issues with it, but wish the club would just treat the women's team better. Photos on the big screen of female fans but no mention of the women's team in the announcement about academy and training ground updates. Deeds not words.
Here's my ten'penorth.

At the level our women's team are at, there will be ground regulations. Key to those regulations will be pitch, changing facilities & spectator facilities.

I think our Women's team are allowed to play on 4g. I'll be corrected.

United should build a 4g "stadium" at Dore which meets the requirements to play Women's Football.

Then, when The Lane can't be/isn't being used for a particular Women's game, there will be a ready made ground available.

That will avoid this switching to Scunthorpe/Alfreton nonsense.

Well they say a woman's work is never done, that's probably why they get paid less

usosilly-laugh-haha.gif

Back
Top Bottom