CONFIRMED CCV Back to Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a midfielder, certainly. As a defender, unlikely.

As a midfielder ? Definitely better . As a RCB like Basham ? Definitely better . As a RWB ? Definitely better . As the middle CB of a back 3 ? Jake would probably just edge it . He does have a lot of experience there does Jake.

Leonard isn't a Coutts/Lundstrum midfielder and Evans is far removed from Fleck in terms of style and much closer to coutts/lundstrum . If anything Leonard is closer to Fleck in terms of style and type of player . Holmes competing with Duffy is a given .

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Leonard was bought to cover CCV being sent back to Spurs. But I am absolutely suggesting that CCV had dropped even further down the pecking order once Leonard was signed .
Think lenny will play in midfield in the more difficult away games (wolves, Bristol c) with lundstrum and fleck. With one of Duffy/Holmes/brooks playing off Clarke as a "number 10" - a bit like when bash played in midfield at the pigs.....although that wasn't a difficult away game

Because you've seen him play so much? Lol, look at our record with Wright in the team.

Must we really have this all the time? Wright is not in the manager’s plans. That’s perfectly clear. Why do you think he’s not in the team - alien abduction?

Because our forms been so good with stearman in the team has it? 1 win in 10.

Wright has done nothing wrong to have been replaced and the stats are proving it. But let's keep losing games and dropping down the table, sound idea there Luke. Even more brilliant how you put over someone youve never seen to a defender that has never let us down.

The stats are proving that Paul Coutts broke his leg and we have missed him enormously.

Stearman has been outstanding in the last three or four games. Have you not noticed?

With that in mind, I don't fully rate Stearman as yet and would prefer Wright in the side.

Stearman has been absolutely outstanding in the last four games. He is far better than Wright. Tufty thinks so too and that’s rather more important than what you or I believe.

It really is time to let the Wright thing go and get behind the bloke in the team who is playing really well.

I thinks it’s a good decision for both parties. Balance the books at United, get him off the budget! We’ve got Wright, Henighan and possibly Leonard to cover the area. Don’t think he’d of got much football second part of season!
I’d get rid of Carruthers, Long? and Hussey now!
Loan Out Lavery, Eastwood and Thomas;

Have.

Recalled by Spurs I reckon.

Was excellent by and large, superb performances at Bolton, Hillsborough and Burton, his marauding run and cross for Clarkes first v Hull all good memories for me.
Seemed to lose confidence after his clanger v Fulham, and went backwards after that.

I’ve a feeling Tufty didn’t fight tooth and nail to keep him at the Lane. We shall hear more, no doubt.

So we’ve bought a midfielder to play centre back??? Hmmmm, I’m not convinced.

We haven’t. Lenny’s here to play centre midfield. He’ll be surprised if he isn’t because no-one’s told him otherwise.

Our defence has been utter dire for 10+games.

It hasn’t at all. You’re making it up as you go along.

We conceded five against Fulham with Wright but not Stearman in the team. In the ten games since then we’ve conceded eleven goals. Not fantastic but very acceptable and light years from dire. Stearman has been a rock in the last five games now he is fully recovered from the significant injury that originally cost him his place. Three clean sheets in those five games. How dire!

Wilders decision is made. That’s the end of it. Jake will be leaving come the summer, with our grateful thanks for a job well done. He’s raised his game to heights he never reached before since joining us and all credit to him for that, but we’re moving on now.

Now that's a valid point . But in midfield who do you see Leonard replacing ? And , equally importantly , where do you see Evans and Holmes playing in midfield and who are they replacing ?

CCV going back to Spurs suggests to me that Leonard is earmarked for elsewhere other than Midfield

It’s a long season Luke, is 46 games. Tufty has spoken more than once that he’s learned this season of the need for ‘numbers’ in this league. Flexibility and strength in depth both from game to game and even during games is what he’s doing.

Lenny’s here for central midfield. He’ll compete with the others and they with him, depending on form, fitness, opposition and fixture congestion. He hasn’t been bought to play in defence, that’s for sure, but might well do so if injuries or suspensions demand. Let’s always remember Chris frequently plays a 14 man game.

CCV will continue to be an excellent player. He made some mistakes etc but people forget gets only 19!.

A year younger than Brooksy!

CCV will probably make it in the Premiership in a few years. I would love for him to come back in a more permanent role but I don’t see us having the funds to make that happen.

As a midfielder ? Definitely better . As a RCB like Basham ? Definitely better . As a RWB ? Definitely better . As the middle CB of a back 3 ? Jake would probably just edge it . He does have a lot of experience there does Jake.

Baseless twaddle.

Good riddance.

What a waste of a few megabytes of server storage space.

What little I've seen of Leonard tells me that he's a much much better player than Jake Wright . Don't get me wrong here , I have just as much respect for Wright and what he's done for us when asked, but to prefer to see him at RCB over either Basham or Leonard is pure unadulterated madness .

I stand by my original comment . Ryan Leonard is a much better player than Jake Wright.

RL is a box to box dynamic midfielder. He could play a similar role at RB but would be completely wasted as a centre half. There is no need to compare him to Wright as they will not compete for the same position.

Lenihan, the Blackburn lad we were linked with, is still out injured.

I can’t recall us being linked with anyone else.

What about the Manyoo kid (whose name I can't recall)?

What a waste of a few megabytes of server storage space.

RL is a box to box dynamic midfielder. He could play a similar role at RB but would be completely wasted as a centre half. There is no need to compare him to Wright as they will not compete for the same position.

What about the Manyoo kid (whose name I can't recall)?

Leonard's taking Bashams place .

At his age he will want regular first team football. He won’t get it at the Lane, no matter how hard the Shakey’s wish.

I don't think he'll have any desire to leave, given where he's come from. Wilder will want to keep him here for his professionalism and everything he brings off the pitch, not to mention his ability on it in the middle of a back 3. He could still end up playing a few games too. It's not like turning 32/33 will massively affect his game. He'll be in his prime.

I think Heneghan's more likely to leave.

At his age he will want regular first team football. He won’t get it at the Lane, no matter how hard the Shakey’s wish.

We'll see. If he does leave, it'll be somewhere local because he and his family are very well settled in the area.

He might 'want' it but he is only 19 and I can't see many Championship clubs guaranteeing a starting berth.

He could get it in L1/L2, but given he's played about 15 games here, I'd be surprised if he wants to drop a level.

He's actually played more than I expected and if this is partly Spurs doing, then they can do one with their billy big bollocks attitude.

I still bear a grudge for them taking Kyle Walker back on the last day of the 2010 JTW when they'd previously indicated he could stay all season.

Cockernee-wannabee media dahling jumped up shandy drinking wankers!

He might 'want' it but he is only 19 and I can't see many Championship clubs guaranteeing a starting berth.

He could get it in L1/L2, but given he's played about 15 games here, I'd be surprised if he wants to drop a level.

He's actually played more than I expected and if this is partly Spurs doing, then they can do one with their billy big bollocks attitude.

I still bear a grudge for them taking Kyle Walker back on the last day of the 2010 JTW when they'd previously indicated he could stay all season.

Cockernee-wannabee media dahling jumped up shandy drinking wankers!

Wasn't that due to us messing them about over something? I have a vague recollection of a rumour like that.

Supposedly the fees weren't paid on time.

That was it! I heard something like we received a phone call on the team coach on the way to a game, saying 'Pull in at x service station, we'll have a club rep waiting for him, the loan's finished'.

Back
Top Bottom