Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Hague Blade

To the ‘fans’ leaving early

I didn’t go, despite living about 15 miles from Wembley. Made the far longer journey to Walthamstow to watch my other team win 2-1 in front of 485 people (and secure a home final in the Southern League champions play off game, for those very few who enjoy non-league minutia). Enjoyed it much...
  2. Hague Blade

FAO Scunthorpe United

All being well, Berko will be bringing their talents to Mickleover next season - just the 230 mile round trip. Sooner that though than the league with Truro in it - 295 miles one way for that one. Imagine that for a Tuesday night game. As GEARYstolemyBEER says, the travel is a killer - and I’m...
  3. Hague Blade

FAO Scunthorpe United

My team have just been promoted to Step 3, and we don’t yet know whether we’ll be in the Premier South or the Premier Central. If it’s the former, we’d have a four and a half hour away trip to Plymouth Parkway to face, and if it’s the latter we’ll be driving two hours up the M1 to Derbyshire...
  4. Hague Blade

Not Again and again and again.

Great minds…
  5. Hague Blade

Not Again and again and again.

This is a big part of why I mostly watch non-league these days. Yes, there’s still plenty of shit-housing and the officiating is often dreadful, but it’s easier to stomach when the best paid player on the field is only getting £250 a week and the officials are in the clubhouse after the game and...
  6. Hague Blade

2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

The handball rules are a farce. That one's a pen, apparently, despite absolutely no intent, but if you do some vague falling over gesture, you can deliberately handle it, no problem. It's a joke
  7. Hague Blade

Thoughts on Reading

The description of the eschaton game is one of those good bits. Confess I really like his writing - Infinite Jest is indeed a slog, though I think that’s partly the point, but The Pale King and some of his essays and short stories are more accessible.
  8. Hague Blade

My New Exhibition

Got to be some advantages to working on the Southbank. Ticket booked, photos admired.
  9. Hague Blade

Going to watch Wednesday

Is that AFC Totton, near Southampton? Knocked us out of the FA Trophy 2-1 earlier this season, the buggers. Great pitch and facilities for the level - lot to be said for a tie up with a higher level womens‘ team. Nice friendly bunch; enjoyed my visit.
  10. Hague Blade

United 1 Forest 2 - report

Surprised more people haven’t picked up on this. Egan didn’t cover himself in glory on either of their goals - I put this in the Shoutbox at the time; he was strolling back instead of sprinting, leaving us outnumbered in the middle when the cross came in. Seen posts suggesting he was close to...
  11. Hague Blade

Oli McBurnie should be in this team

Undoubtedly true. But he can’t strike the ball properly.
  12. Hague Blade

Oli McBurnie should be in this team

McGoldrick can’t either. It’s why his finishing is so utterly miserable.
  13. Hague Blade

Aaron Ramsdale interview

Nail on head Moan? Nope-I saw Longhorn - I get irrationally wound up by this bollocks - it’s only a short career. How long does it need to be, when you’re on a fixed multi-year contract on tens of thousands a week? Buy a normal house, a normal car, don’t waste it on your entourage or down the...
  14. Hague Blade

We need to talk about Paul.

Four goals scored. That’s on the players, but he wasn’t getting much of a tune out of them, as the saying seems to go.
  15. Hague Blade

This is mental… but

I understand people wanting to look on the bright side, but can we be realistic about what Hecky managed to get out of the team last season? Four goals in eleven games. Four. He’s at the very best a modest proposition for the job of managing Sheffield United. He got the gig because he’s cheap...
  16. Hague Blade

Yusuf Giansiracusa - "Chairman"

I don’t disagree with that. From memory, his Chambers entry said something like “Clients say he’s a very good technical lawyer” which to me carries the unspoken subtext “…but it’s a shame he’s a bit of a prick”
  17. Hague Blade

Yusuf Giansiracusa - "Chairman"

I’m not sure who’d qualify as a ’well known solicitor’ in the Middle East, but he appears to work at Jones Day. 13th most profitable law firm in the world, with profits per equity partner at about $1.3 million a year. They act for Trump, so I certainly wouldn’t instruct them, and he may not...
  18. Hague Blade

MANAGER SACKED

Please not full-time, please. That‘d the final bloody straw.
  19. Hague Blade

The twat ainsworth

I know I’m not supposed to comment on people’s appearance, but I’ll make an exception in this case. That’s a 48 year old man. The sheer fucking state of him, smh. Grow the fuck up, Gareth.
  20. Hague Blade

Lack of professionalism

Thank you. Way better than I expected, though I guess he’s coming up to three years since he managed it, which isn’t promising.
  21. Hague Blade

Lack of professionalism

I did wonder. Is that true, or just a highly educated guess?
  22. Hague Blade

Lack of professionalism

Can anyone better at stats than me tell us how many times Mousset has played a full 90 minutes in his entire professional career?
  23. Hague Blade

Disgusting behaviour from Blades fans tonight

Superb post. Thank you sir. Remembrance, absolutely, but the rest of it gets more out of hand every year - it’s like War Christmas. Bollocks to that.
  24. Hague Blade

Rodwell

That’s the curse of their winter sports. Much as I dislike ’the Cadbury Wallabies’ it’s a miracle they have a competitive international rugby union team, when virtually all of the best players are actually in the NRL or the AFL.
  25. Hague Blade

Rodwell

I had a season ticket at Perth Glory many years ago. Standard wasn’t great, and I remember the “fanfare“ around signing never-was players like Kenny Dalglish’s boy. I don’t think it’s improved much since then.
  26. Hague Blade

Highlights

That first goal’s not Basham’s finest hour. Great finish by Brewster at least.
  27. Hague Blade

If Olsen is Sweden number one…..

Like for knowing the difference between ‘disinterested’ and ‘uninterested’.
  28. Hague Blade

2 wingers & holding mid.

I don’t remember whose expression it is, but “Club Retard” always made me smile. As did WTTWY. Wonder if that one is due a come back as well?
  29. Hague Blade

Forest 1 United 1 - report/pod

You could always try what I did Champagneblade and follow the S-League. The standard is very modest, but I got quite into it - followed Tanjong Pagar, the mighty Cougars. They played in red & white stripes, and I once watched one of their games with John Burridge, so it wasn‘t entirely unrelated...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom