To the ‘fans’ leaving early

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s you who needs to grow up. Show some manners and show some respect.

your ‘circumstances’ can’t be so pressing if you can fuck off to Wembley for the day. And if you can fuck off to Wembley, you can show some respect by hanging around another 15 minutes and acknowledge the staff who have grafted to give you your day out.
You talk about manners and respect yet you're on here giving people abuse...

I'm saying you're a cunt for your god awful take and ignorant post
There’s no ignorance. I could have phrased it more delicately. But the self entitled brigade couldn’t take it however it was phrased. Thank fuck it didn’t go to pens. They’d have missed it. Every cloud.

Also:
With a ladder and some glasses,
You could see to 'ackney Marshes,

If it wasn't for the houses in between...👍
Also:
With a ladder and some glasses,
You could see to 'ackney Marshes,

If it wasn't for the houses in between...👍

Another artist who sang it after Gus had died added an extra verse with the lines ….

“And if your eyesight doesn’t fail ya
You’ld see ‘alf way to Australia
If it wasn’t for the ‘ouses in between “

:)

You literally posted a thread telling fans what they should do.

And I bet you didn't say a fucking word to anyone leaving early in person. Because likely you'd have been put in your place properly.

Have to come on here instead begging for attention playing bigger blade.
Put in my place for calling them out for fucking off early in an FA Cup semi? The level of disrespect. Nah, I didn’t say it to their face - but I’m entitled to express it here and debate the merits.

There’s no ignorance. I could have phrased it more delicately. But the self entitled brigade couldn’t take it however it was phrased. Thank fuck it didn’t go to pens. They’d have missed it. Every cloud.

You seem intent on taking over the mantle of the previous Forum Fool and I wish you every success in that respect , and after some of your comments hope that it leads to the same outcome . :)

There are many and varied reasons why supporters may want to decide to leave before the final whistle and in my opinion that is entirely their prerogative and it is not for you to pass judgment on them .

In my case it would be the fact that days like this are extremely demanding given my age and certain medical conditions , and knowing from past experience that by doing so the journey home can be reduced by as much as 1-2 hours .

As for showing respect and appreciation of the management and players , I have consistently done this all season and will continue to do so and don’t feel the need for lectures on loyalty to the club from you or anyone else .

Show a bit of respect and class and stay to the end to acknowledge the boys’ efforts along with Hecky and the coaches.

Leaving early is a proper c***s trick. If I was in charge I’d deduct ‘loyalty’ points off the lot of you. We’ve all had the privilege of going to Wembley today. The very least the players, staff and all the fans deserve is to be United and applaud everyone for their fantastic efforts.

Support isn’t defined by putting your hand in your pocket, or bigging yourself up by posting on social media. It’s about staying together through thick and thin to the very end and showing humility.
Bore off

Not read anything beyond the OP because I've only just arrived home. I stayed til the team had left the pitch but I didn't notice anyone leaving early.Personal choice I suppose.
What has troubled me today was lots of people with dodgy headlights, middle lane hoggers and tail gaters on the M1

It's one of my bugbears, same people need to get the last bus home on 85 minutes even on a Saturday lunchtime kick off. It seems very disrespectful to me but you'll never change their behaviour. It's like arguing about who people vote for - their position will never make sense to you and vice versa.
Today though I didn't notice a lot of blades leaving early. Far more city fans seemed to, although that might be to do with my vantage point. I will say this though: Wembley is a shit place to get away from at full time. I hate going there.

I've been to Wembley every time the opportunity has arisen and seen us get beaten.

Today was the first time we could go and just enjoy the day knowing it would be incredibly difficult to come away with anything but a sound beating.

Football wise a strong first half performance until the clumsy challenge for the penalty and then mistakes by Lowe and Robinson/egan for the 2nd left us with a practically impossible job. It should still have been a good day but for me it was tinged with sadness, and to be honest anger because of people that were absolutely hammered and spoiling it for others.

I like a drink as much as the next man but when your good time means you can't walk properly, your abusing other fans, scaring kids or just being an absolute twat then you should look at yourself. Unfortunately that probably won't happen as the people doing that are usually oblivious to how their behaviour impacts on others. We've all encountered them and as the saying goes if you haven't there's a good chance you're one of them. It seems to me coke is a bigger problem than ever and the number of people disappearing every 10 minutes to have a top up and coming back raging and being even more of a twat is getting ridiculous.

I'm not a prude and think drug intake should be up to the individual in the comfort of their own home. I just don't understand why it should become acceptable or tolerated around family's at matches, especially with people who can't handle it and ruin other peoples experiences.

Itve always found smoking weed at a match odd too, not really the environment for it. Every week if you go on the kop and go for a piss down the bottom at half time it wreaks of it. It's about time they put lines of dogs around grounds and start policing it out of football, maybe it's not a football problem but wider.

I know this takes a bit of a tangent from the original post but reading through this thread after getting home (after a train delay cos some nob thought it was a good idea to smoke in the train toilet) there's a general underlying theme.

There's a few things that pissed me off today and they pretty much would all be alleviated if we could just go to a match and enjoy the experience however you feel without interfering with other fans, basically mind your own fucking business and support the team however you see fit.

• Drinking or snorting so much you can't stand up and are falling all over kids
  • shouting at people for leaving early
  • shouting at people for not standing up
  • shouting at people for not singing etc.
Solution
Just fucking mind your own business, do what makes you happy but leave it for others to support how they want to.

/Rant over.

I get that it's puzzling (I'd want to stay to the end whether that was a footy match or concert, squeeze every penny etc) but unless the leavers took money out your pocket to pay for their tickets don't know why it should rile you up tbh.

I didn’t go, despite living about 15 miles from Wembley. Made the far longer journey to Walthamstow to watch my other team win 2-1 in front of 485 people (and secure a home final in the Southern League champions play off game, for those very few who enjoy non-league minutia).

Enjoyed it much more, cost much less. Watched the Utd game when I got home - all seemed a bit flat. I’ve done my duty In the past: Palace, Burnley, Huddersfield, Hull. Didn’t have the stomach for it today, in a game that we’d lose 999 times out of a thousand. Personal choices, or “you do you” as my kids say.

Last edited:
In my case it would be the fact that days like this are extremely demanding given my age and certain medical conditions

Exactly.

For example, for many older guys with prostate issues, waiting in a queue for ages with a trip on a tube train to follow is not a pleasant prospect.

I thought yesterday was a perfect opportunity for a carefree piss up, free hit at best team in the world and fling a bit of horseshit at kids. Why are we all looking to have a dig at each other? All Blades aren't we?

Went to a theatre the other week for the first time. It was much stricter about this very thing. If you got up mid performance, you weren't allowed back in. Everyone stayed until the end, everyone applauded before leaving.

Authoritarian disrespect to the customer, or expectations of respect for the performers and fellow customers?

When people leave early (particularly at the Lane), people that are still there miss the match because you're stood in the way. Many of the reasons people give are either made up or have other simple solutions, the stadium is still rammed for a 3-3 thriller in the 90th min or for a title decider. It's a shame.

Went to a theatre the other week for the first time. It was much stricter about this very thing. If you got up mid performance, you weren't allowed back in. Everyone stayed until the end, everyone applauded before leaving.

Authoritarian disrespect to the customer, or expectations of respect for the performers and fellow customers?

When people leave early (particularly at the Lane), people that are still there miss the match because you're stood in the way. Many of the reasons people give are either made up or have other simple solutions, the stadium is still rammed for a 3-3 thriller in the 90th min or for a title decider. It's a shame.
I don't get the theatre comparsion really. What's highest attendance for the theatre? I haven't got a clue but I doubt it's going to be anywhere near 25k never mind 70k,gunna be a lot easier to leave. Half of the people at the theatre aren't going to be giving it beans to the other half, no need to avoid that. How many people watching a play or whatever are going to be fuming with the ending and kicking off? Again not many, no need to leave early to avoid that either.

If there is other or simpler solutions matters little. Up dem blades.

I don't get the theatre comparsion really. What's highest attendance for the theatre? I haven't got a clue but I doubt it's going to be anywhere near 25k never mind 70k,gunna be a lot easier to leave. Half of the people at the theatre aren't going to be giving it beans to the other half, no need to avoid that. How many people watching a play or whatever are going to be fuming with the ending and kicking off? Again not many, no need to leave early to avoid that either.

If there is other or simpler solutions matters little. Up dem blades.
Don't think any of the facts you gave there really counter the point. But I'm not digging anyone out, just thought the difference was interesting. UTB

I get what you're saying, but let's be right, a small darkened theatre where audiences are expected to be quiet is a very different thing to a football stadium.

Another artist who sang it after Gus had died added an extra verse with the lines ….

“And if your eyesight doesn’t fail ya
You’ld see ‘alf way to Australia
If it wasn’t for the ‘ouses in between “

:)
I've just made up few new lines...
If I climb up on the chimbley,
I could leave that bloody Wembley,
If it wasn’t for that Lightsoot in between
😆

Well this one is a feisty one, Reminds me of that teacher who wanted to spank everyone until they wet themselves
Thanks for the reminder 😂 10/10 absolute S tier thread that one!

As for this one;

I personally love to stay and applaud the players - not just for the one game, but when it’s a cup semi and you’ve been knocked out it’s more appreciating the efforts to get us there in the first place.
I used to hate it when people left early but having had to do it myself for the Cardiff game (only 20 seconds early tbf!) I understand that sometimes people have to leave early.

where I will agree with the OP, I think some fans (not all) leave early when things aren’t going our way and I’m not a fan of that at all.
A few behind me left early, that said, they were the same fans that could be heard saying the penalty was ‘totally against the run of play’ so who knows what they were thinking 😂

I left a few mins early. At 3-0 down and city holding possession it wasn’t an enjoyable watch for me. We did well to only concede 3 but we never did anything with the ball (understandably against city). Really need to work on our possession retention. Decent day out but a bit of a training game (attack vs defence) for city.

But it shouldn’t be. It’s about doing the right thing. I know you think you live in an ivory tower, but in the real world you should show some class.
The right thing is not forcing your opinion on others by suggesting that your view shows a higher level of class… your little assumption shows you, yourself don’t.

You don’t know everyone’s circumstances for leaving early

Show a bit of respect and class and stay to the end to acknowledge the boys’ efforts along with Hecky and the coaches.

Leaving early is a proper c***s trick. If I was in charge I’d deduct ‘loyalty’ points off the lot of you. We’ve all had the privilege of going to Wembley today. The very least the players, staff and all the fans deserve is to be United and applaud everyone for their fantastic efforts.

Support isn’t defined by putting your hand in your pocket, or bigging yourself up by posting on social media. It’s about staying together through thick and thin to the very end and showing humility.
We were on the top deck so had a good view of the lower tiers.
What surprised me was how early people left, I get some people wanting to avoid the crowds by leaving a couple of minutes early but there were lines of people moving up the gangways from the 81st minute and the same in the City end.
You pay your money so can do what you want but I don’t get missing nearly 15 mins(with added time) of an occasion we get too so infrequently.

I don’t object to people leaving early it their choice for whatever reason.

There was a lovely post on here about a young lass who couldn’t handle the hustle and bustle. It’s surprising how many people have this concerns to some degree and age is a big factor if you’re unsure leave at the safest time for you.

What I object about is fans leaving their seats early then standing at the exit blocking others view :mad:

The right thing is not forcing your opinion on others by suggesting that your view shows a higher level of class… your little assumption shows you, yourself don’t.

You don’t know everyone’s circumstances for leaving early
‘Forcing an opinion’… on a forum. I see.

As for people’s ‘circumstances’, the vast majority just wanted to get off early and not acknowledge the players. Ok, their prerogative, but why not own it instead of coming with the dog ate my homework excuses?

I think it would have been a wonderful gesture of togetherness had the majority have stayed behind to show their appreciation for a wonderful cup run. A small investment of time, but a bigger statement of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom