Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Hecky gets sacked can we finally have a car park and tell the Prince exactly what we think of him? I don't care if he's there or not, someone can send him the vids.

Grossly unfair on Hecky if there’s any truth in this?

Wilder won’t do any better than Hecky is doing in my opinion
He had one good idea with overlapping CBs then spunked us into debt and left through back door with a highwayman's mask on.
If we are going to change head coach bring in a professional with experience int PL (no I don’t know who but someone with credentials rather than a case of Peroni under his arm).

If Hecky gets the sack (which I think is very unlikely), Chris Wilder will not come back under this current ownership. Wasn't it problems with the Prince and the Board that led to his departure last time around?

If Hecky gets the sack (which I think is very unlikely), Chris Wilder will not come back under this current ownership. Wasn't it problems with the Prince and the Board that led to his departure last time around?
Im not saying there is any truth in this latest rumour but you are wrong, they would work together again.

If any blade thinks we DID get murdered needs Specsavers
70% possession 28 shots 620 passes 15 corners they ran fucking rings around us, the score line doesn't reflect how negative boring an poor we was with the ball. Constantly time wasting, we won't go anywhere fast If we carry on with these tactics. I don't expect us to go toe to toe with teams like spurs but we have to be braver and more controlled with the ball.

Would you prefer we go at teams more and lose 5-1 like a Burnley?

That's not going to help morale or prospects in terms of goal difference which could be a deciding factor come the end of the season.
How many times has the league been won or a team relegated due to goal difference?

What about Wilder as Director of Football but with a strict remit to stay the fuck out of day to day first team affairs? Hecky stays on as manager.

Thoughts?

He had one good idea with overlapping CBs then spunked us into debt and left through back door with a highwayman's mask on.
If we are going to change head coach bring in a professional with experience int PL (no I don’t know who but someone with credentials rather than a case of Peroni under his arm).
It wasn't just down to overlapping centre backs. Without wilder we probably aren't in Prem right now either. He basically had one bad season after 4 very good ones.
Can't believe how many are willing to forget how good he was for us because of one season and him leaving.

That said we shouldn't be sounding him out because we shouldn't be talking about sacking hecky.

The way I'm reading it is prince is thinking that if we still haven't won after perhaps another 5 or 6 games he might change. So he's asked if he'd be interested.
But now the stories out it adds pressure on hecky and even the squad who won't want to let him down either.

Would you prefer we go at teams more and lose 5-1 like a Burnley?

That's not going to help morale or prospects in terms of goal difference which could be a deciding factor come the end of the season.
If we don't win any games it's unlikely goal difference is going to matter much.
We don't have to go Wacky Races but unless we find a way to keep the ball far better and carry more of a threat we'll be down very quickly.

70% possession 28 shots 620 passes 15 corners they ran fucking rings around us, the score line doesn't reflect how negative boring an poor we was with the ball. Constantly time wasting, we won't go anywhere fast If we carry on with these tactics. I don't expect us to go toe to toe with teams like spurs but we have to be braver and more controlled with the ball.
Winning one nil for 97 mins with three of the biggest chances of the game

If Wilder were to return he'd need to bring back an inform Paul Coutts with a leg perfectly healed from the assault he suffered.......not going to happen of course, but any hope of a repeat of what was a wonderful chapter in this club's history would need far more than a return of Wilder and, less we forget, Alan Knill.

The prince has said on a podcast he thinks wilder is now a better manager

He also said he would hire him again if he needed a manager

He said they have spoke a few times and made up

He’s literally said that 👍

Wouldn't mind a Wilder & Sharp return someday tbf.
No reason for Hecky to go as it stands right now. Team just bedding in and improving game on game for me.

No idea I’d any of this is true but also doesn’t say in what role/capacity he’d be returning in.
If it is true then I expect it has to be with Heckys blessing / right to veto.
Maybe the role isn’t to replace Hecky.
Could even expect Macca doing another return to management - Bradford?

Regardless of all this Hecky is doing a fantastic job and even if go down I’d want him to stay.

Back
Top Bottom