Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As much as Hecky has done well to get us up and is a nice bloke, do I think he should keep his job if he underperforms as manager because he’s a nice bloke and the players like him? No I don’t, not saying sack him but if the time comes where he is clearly out of his depth in the top flight then yes we should get rid while there is a chance of staying up.

Would I welcome Wilder back if that was to happen? Too fucking right I would
Would the players welcome him … too fucking right they wouldn’t

Tell you what, Hecky has ALL my backing. What he has achieved is sublime, in terms of success and stability. He also conducts himself impeccably. I'm proud we have him. To come thru all the bullshit off the field with credibility is remarkable.

What's more, the problem doesn't lie with Hecky. It's lack of leadership at the top, lack of spending power, improper recruitment this summer, because of. Wilder or anyone doesn't sort that.

So, for me, crack on Hecky. You're doing an incredible job. We're basically at the big boys Poker table and we can't afford the small blind.

I don't see this happening unless Hecky has kicked off about the transfer window or The Prince has completely taken leave of his senses and actually expects this squad to be good enough to stay up.

Because I saw him drag this club from years and years of misery stuck in League 1 to the brink of European football with a rag tag bunch of football misfits.

Folk seem to have forgotten all about what the man did for us as fans and forget about covid putting a massive fuck off stop sign on us moving forward as a club… back door blah blah is all you ever hear nowadays, each to their own as we are all entitled to our opinions but I personally don’t think it’s fair.

Yes, that was a wonderful 3 and a half years, but it's gone.

I could equally say that Hecky, when he took over from Wilder, improved performances and results. There's been nothing for over three years now to show he can repeat the trick, in fact each spell appears to get increasingly chaotic.

So we should remember well the exciting times we had before it all turned sour, not due to Covid, but by being unable to change the method which had been nullified and exploited by other, better coaches.

Often it's a case of being in the right place at the right time, and so it was back then. Just like it was for the real Harry Haslam who did wonderful things, for Luton.

Hecky has done very well considering we have sold and lost key players and we only got replacements very late on. It’s all about results but I was expecting us to get battered 9 nil every match. I just hope we can get some more points than 3 other teams in a similar position to us.

In my view if Wilder is going to have any more success anywhere in the future he’s going to have to swallow a massive dose of humility. He started believing his own hype towards the end of his time with us & turned into a bit of a mouthy arsehole ready to chuck blame in any direction but his own. I’m grateful for the 3.5 seasons but wouldn’t want him anywhere near the place in future.

The squad is out of it's depth not Hecky. No manager will do anything in the Premier League under this owner (no slight on him, he just hasn't got the money to be a Premier League owner). We'll go down as we haven't got the money to create a premier league squad, that's not Heckys fault. He working wonders even making us competitive at this level.
So where’s the £180m gone?

I don’t think this is far fetched at all from what I heard back in late July. I’m against the decision personally.

The Chris wilder & Knill we had is and was levels above hecky and mcall you just can’t debate that

If you asked me would I rather have a wilder who is at it than hecky then it would be wilder every day and twice on a Sunday

Good owners/managers make decisions before the shit hits the fan and they act fast

I think if the prince is even slightly contentplaiting wilder he should get it done and he should get it done fast

I like hecky but he is not as good as wilder and you can’t make a logical argument to say he is

The Chris wilder & Knill we had is and was levels above hecky and mcall you just can’t debate that

If you asked me would I rather have a wilder who is at it than hecky then it would be wilder every day and twice on a Sunday

Good owners/managers make decisions before the shit hits the fan and they act fast

I think if the prince is even slightly contentplaiting wilder he should get it done and he should get it done fast

I like hecky but he is not as good as wilder and you can’t make a logical argument to say he is
Hecky is sober

Back
Top Bottom