Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bizarre one and as much as i still look fondly back on Wilders time, even that last season, i don't think changing a manager this season would be a positive.

Hecky has set us up well, recruited well, speaks well, respected by the players and the players are playing for him. Its just that this league is proper hard. We'll pick up points and get some wins, its not a time to panic.

Read all about it….

Heckingbottom & co. and the togetherness they've created are the one major thing going for us right now so I sincerely hope this is bollocks.

For some reason, I seem to think one of the ITKers hinted that this might happen during pre-season and we also had the Prince bizarrely bigging him up in the interview with SUW...

Please no.

If Hecky wanted to step down back to the youth set up he'd be my only choice with the squad we have tbf

As it is I don't think there's much truth in this as a gut feeling

Giving it the serious consideration it doesn't deserve, would you rather have Hecky or Wilder in charge today, after that?

Wilder would come out and slag the players off, that's why they ended up such basket cases by the end of his 2nd season. Yes, they fucked up and threw away 3 points, but they are going to feel devastated. Slagging them off would turn that into devastated and demoralised.

Whereas I reckon Hecky will focus on the positives, and get them back on their feet

Is this an article to wind the fanbase up and divide us, or it to genuinely gauge how we would feel about it?

Mixed emotions personally if it were true.
Is Hecky's long contract just as first team manager or is it as a Sheffield United employee in general and can be dispatched anywhere in the club? Or maybe Wilder will be Hecky's assistant? Vice-versa? I smell bullshit it being the Mail and all. But I was hearing these rumours a couple of months ago... (word of mouth, in the real world that is)

But what about the pashun?

Not sure having had a few bumpy dates on tinder, going back to your ex who ultimately fucked you over, is a realistic take in 2023!

Back
Top Bottom