Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Underperforming tactically, selections, making mistakes with substitutions. For instance the decision to stick Trusty in his very first appearance straight into the middle three and put Anel out on the right was baffling, the defence had held firm, knew the oppositions runs and what space they liked to get into too, he thought it was best to disrupt this and stick Anel out right. Strange, and yes I’m aware Trusty is left footed but it was still extremely strange to mess with the middle three who had been rocks.

But I’m not saying sack him btw, he deserves longer. But if it comes to the situation that he is out of his depth at this level then yes I’m happy for him to go. I’m a United fan not a Heckingbottom fan.

And someone says who better to get us back up with this side than Hecky? Let’s be honest here if we go down this will not be our side to come back up, there will be a fire sale as we will not risk getting into such financial difficulties as last time, and rightly so tbh.
Don't think he had very many options when Bogle went off.

He'd either got a very green Seriki or Trusty. So he either moves Bash out there or Anel.

I would have moved Bash but at that point his options were so few, with the injuries we have to Egan and Baldock.

Underperforming tactically, selections, making mistakes with substitutions. For instance the decision to stick Trusty in his very first appearance straight into the middle three and put Anel out on the right was baffling, the defence had held firm, knew the oppositions runs and what space they liked to get into too, he thought it was best to disrupt this and stick Anel out right. Strange, and yes I’m aware Trusty is left footed but it was still extremely strange to mess with the middle three who had been rocks.

But I’m not saying sack him btw, he deserves longer. But if it comes to the situation that he is out of his depth at this level then yes I’m happy for him to go. I’m a United fan not a Heckingbottom fan.

And someone says who better to get us back up with this side than Hecky? Let’s be honest here if we go down this will not be our side to come back up, there will be a fire sale as we will not risk getting into such financial difficulties as last time, and rightly so tbh.

What selection did he get wrong today?

The decisions he’s got available to him are very limited given the circumstances.

The question still stands though. What do you class as underperforming? If he keeps us out of the bottom 3 all season but you can still claim he’s making the wrong tactical decisions, is that underperforming?

I wonder if the writer of the Mail article can give us his sources ?

Don't think he had very many options when Bogle went off.

He'd either got a very green Seriki or Trusty. So he either moves Bash out there or Anel.

I would have moved Bash but at that point his options were so few, with the injuries we have to Egan and Baldock.
It was the 86th minute, not like we needed someone to bomb up and down the line taking part in attacking play, we just needed someone to boot and head the ball and put his body on the line for the time remaining, he clearly has no confidence in Seriki so stick Trusty out there and leave the rock solid back three in tact. Just my humble opinion of course which means jack shit.

Wilder had his chance to hang about and try and anchieve exactly what Hecky has.

Instead he chose to take the easy way out, along with the money. Several managerial appointments later and his stock is through the floor. He presided over some of the best years I’ve had watching Utd, but I wouldn't want him back.

He’s like some old bloke coming back, cap in hand to his ex wife asking if they can try again, well he’s no fucking chance, cos this ex wife’s keeping her eye on young Nick Montgomery 🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Absolute amateur journalism.

We were 5 minutes from an excellent win today and no sooner had the final whistle gone these muppets at talksport and the mail trot out this nonsense.

Give your heads a wobble if you want it/believe it.

Read all about it….
Utterly ridiculous Mail always do us down probably got us mixed up with the pigs. Wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a call.
As for sacking Hecki ! Ridiculous!!!!!.

it would be madness. as you look game by game
Crystal Palace - unlucky deserved a point despite likely the lowest quality side ive seen since L1 days
Forest - did well but recruitment cost us
Man city - defended well v treble winners. minutes from a point
Everton - save of the season stopped getting 3pts
Tottenham - we few mins from a great win

It was the 86th minute, not like we needed someone to bomb up and down the line taking part in attacking play, we just needed someone to boot and head the ball and put his body on the line for the time remaining, he clearly has no confidence in Seriki so stick Trusty out there and leave the rock solid back three in tact. Just my humble opinion of course which means jack shit.
Bit damned if you do, damned if you don't. Same result and fans would say "why put a left footer at right back?" 😆

Problem is we just don't have enough players who are good enough and fit enough to make much more than an XI or XII. If we had Egan, Baldock, Norrington-Davies, Osborn amongst others we'd have had options.

Things didn't go out way today. Reffing didn't favour us. Ref has impeded us for next week too. Players dropping like flies didn't help and the added on time killer us.

Restricted them to pot shots from distance. In terms of an away performance it was a brilliant victory under last season's rules. Under his play forever ruling we have to start looking at making 2 subs on 90 mins as if we are entering into extra time in a cup tie.

What selection did he get wrong today?

The decisions he’s got available to him are very limited given the circumstances.

The question still stands though. What do you class as underperforming? If he keeps us out of the bottom 3 all season but you can still claim he’s making the wrong tactical decisions, is that underperforming?
I didn’t say the selection today.

As for the question still stands? I answered the question, selections, tactically, subs etc.. and no of course if he keeps us out of the bottom three then he is doing his job. If we are in the bottom three and he is contributing to us being in the bottom three then he should lose his job, as should any manager.

And just to reiterate I’m not saying sack him, he deserves more time. But me personally would give him another two month that’s it. If we still cannot pick up the points then he has to go. I understand people have a real fondness for Hecky which could possibly cloud their judgement but we cannot put sentiment ahead of what is best for the club. Who knows a new man could come in and we still don’t pick up the points but me personally think this is our last chance of being in the top flight for many a year as we will sell the players if we go down, so if it’s not working let’s try something else is all I’m saying.

Back
Top Bottom