Doyle?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That could work, but if you had the money to spend on Doyle, why not use that to buy someone like Ilias Chair from QPR to play behind the striker (probably a lot cheaper than Doyle), and play Hamer in his natural position next to Davies in that case?
Chair to sit behind the striker ? Would he be comfortable in that role ?

For me ditch Doyle to get both Archer and Piroe in.

Brewster (I’m guessing) isn’t coming back any time soon and McB if he is anywhere near fit is at least a month off getting match fit. Both have had no pre season and we need fit capable bodies now. Make do with midfield we’ve assembled and get 2 up top. Loans can be used back up MF cover and or a Keeper

Last edited:
For me ditch Doyle to get both Archer and Piroe in.

Brewster (I’m guessing) isn’t coming back any time soon and McB if he is anywhere near fit is at least a month off getting match fit. Both have had no pre season and we need fit capable bodies now. Make do with midfield we’ve assembled and get 2 up top. Loans can be used back up MF cover and or a Keeper

Nah. You look long term and get Doyle in as he would be a future captain for us. And you get in Archer. Thems the two perms.

Well he can’t be on £7k a week if the reports are saying his city salary is a problem.
So wherever that’s from it’s clearly bollocks.

I find it interesting he’s not gone anywhere yet.
Not in city’s plans at all….but is surely a queue of clubs wanting him at champ level, but not a sniff of him going anywhere other than here.
Suggests PH has told him we will be coming for him in some way or another be it loan or bought.

Purchase makes most sense, keeps loan space for the strikers we clearly need…and maybe a keeper.
Deferred payment til end of season, reckon city will be ok without it for 9month
Search it on google... It says £7k on nearly every page that comes up... So clearly not bollocks at all. But you prove me wrong coz i can't believe its only £7k 🤷‍♂️

That could work, but if you had the money to spend on Doyle, why not use that to buy someone like Ilias Chair from QPR to play behind the striker (probably a lot cheaper than Doyle), and play Hamer in his natural position next to Davies in that case?

Good player is Chair, not sure if he'd be another Luke Freeman scenario though.
He's closer to what I think we need than Doyle but maybe not quite it.

Main fault with Chair is lack of goals but there's time to improve, but regardless would be a very good buy for the championship. Him and Hamer in the same team would be as creative as it gets in that league

With Chair I don't get the feeling we'd be signing him three seasons after we should have done

With Chair I don't get the feeling we'd be signing him three seasons after we should have done

I could be wrong, but I think we signed Freeman off the back of a very good season with QPR.

I was down at Loftus Rd when they played us and he was excellent in a free roaming role.
Was gliding past players, link the play between lines, looked very much like someone capable of stepping up.

Some interesting comments from QPR fans about his possible sale on their forum:

Looks like they value him at around £10m, but apparently their financial situation is pretty dire (as are all teams in the Championship I suppose) and they might have to accept a bid of around £5m to balance the books. Funnily enough one of them mentions Luke Freeman as a sale they had to make for similar reasons a few years ago.

Would £5m be a gamble worth taking for a position/type of player we really need in the squad?

Some interesting comments from QPR fans about his possible sale on their forum:

Looks like they value him at around £10m, but apparently their financial situation is pretty dire (as are all teams in the Championship I suppose) and they might have to accept a bid of around £5m to balance the books. Funnily enough one of them mentions Luke Freeman as a sale they had to make for similar reasons a few years ago.

Would £5m be a gamble worth taking for a position/type of player we really need in the squad?

If a team is making irrational decisions like "we're financially fucked, how to we get out of it, I know, let's drop off the family silver at the pawnbrokers for a 12 pack of Space Raiders", then yes, you exploit the fuck out of them

Worth signing all day long for a fee in the 5m range, but think he'd cost more, probably 7-8

Back
Top Bottom