James Trafford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's probably some people here who would rather start McBurnie over Mbappe because he knows the squad and the system and because the other guy is only 24 so still needs another two loans before he's ready

And McB is local. We like local.

Good saves but who’s to say Wes wouldn’t have made them? And for the third save he got lucky as he pushed it back out.

He may well have made the saves - it wasn't my intention to suggest he wouldn't. That said, even though he was fairly solid last season, spoiled by rushes of blood versus Blackpool and Burnley, personally I don't think he's good enough to be first choice next season.

We all witnessed the difference Henderson made to the side, especially in the Prem and IMHO a keeper of that level (i.e. a big upgrade on WF) will be required again next season. I see quite a few on here feel Wes deserves a chance but I feel he'd be in the bottom 3 GKs in the league. Burnley and particularly Luton may well upgrade themselves.

We'd be a great move for him

Straight in as a PL starter, good defence in front of him, but will still have plenty to do

Perfect next step for him

A quality young keeper is one of the safest investments you can make so I hope we do this. And spend the rest on midfield

Straight in as a PL starter, good defence in front of him, but will still have plenty to do

A quality young keeper is one of the safest investments you can make so I hope we do this. And spend the rest on midfield

and LCB, LWB and up front!

Surely won't be for £6m though..

I am fully prepared to backtrack

Please remind me when I have to do so

You'll know the right time yourself when we make a few good signings later this summer.

That’s a fair enough opinion. What is it based on?
"The Star can confirm that Bramall Lane’s board of directors have initially set aside just under 15 percent of the initial £135m last term’s promotion from the Championship will pump into Bramall Lane’s coffers available for new players."

Leicester are probably going to walk the Championship.
They're a much safer bet than us if you're a young player.

Also have an incredible training ground. Somewhere you'd enjoy going into work every day.
We couldn't even get the undersoil heating and sky subscription paid for.

Also have an incredible training ground. Somewhere you'd enjoy going into work every day.
Do you know why ?
They have a lot more money than us
Now you can stop crying about it

I’d still like to think we could compete with Leicester and Burnley but it is likely to drive the price up and if the budget is tight then we might have other priorities

You're right, they do.
No tears here, just pointing out the realities of why we probably can't compete with Leicester.
You seem to agree.
It doesnt really need pointing out though does it ?
Certainly not in every thread on every subject

Try and apreciate what you have in life and not focus on what everyone else has you will be much happier

"The Star can confirm that Bramall Lane’s board of directors have initially set aside just under 15 percent of the initial £135m last term’s promotion from the Championship will pump into Bramall Lane’s coffers available for new players."
Well firstly, it’s the Star who have history or crying about how the club don’t talk to them, when they talk to other “friendly” journalists.
Then there is the word “initially” which is doing some serious arse covering for them.
The Star don’t have a clue what’s going on and have openly said as much in their pathetic moaning.
I really wouldn’t hold them up as somewhere that’s got an inside line on our plans.

Leicester would be the logical choice for him, natural progression from league 1 to championship. Similar path to Henderson

Well firstly, it’s the Star who have history or crying about how the club don’t talk to them, when they talk to other “friendly” journalists.
Then there is the word “initially” which is doing some serious arse covering for them.
The Star don’t have a clue what’s going on and have openly said as much in their pathetic moaning.
I really wouldn’t hold them up as somewhere that’s got an inside line on our plans.
Then why even bother stating "15% of £135m"?
Complete waste of time and effort if you're bullshiting AND completely different to their usual way of reporting which is to suggest big things without saying anything at all.

Then why even bother stating "15% of £135m"?
Complete waste of time and effort if you're bullshiting AND completely different to their usual way of reporting which is to suggest big things without saying anything at all.
Bullshitting is possibly harsh. They may have been fed something, or they may be drawing on speculation, but given the club generally tell them fuck all, (a point they've all but confirmed themselves) then you have to have some scepticism around it.
As to why they do it - they're a local paper/website in offseason and they need those clicks to generate some revenue. I think it you went through the last couple of weeks output you would struggle to find anything that's tangible or that hasn't been reported elsewhere first.

i agree but i think 15m might only be a 3rd of our budget i dont believe this 20m figure and would still leave us 2 premier loan spots wouldnt be against pukki on a free so long as we bring another striker in as well maybe archer or a striker from europe
Pukka signed for a MLS side bud

Back
Top Bottom