James Trafford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looked great for Bolton & I won't doubt he's probably got a very high ceiling, but not worth £19. Not even with 'English tax'. This sort of inflated transfer fee/sale whiffs like the ones Juve got caught dealing...

No idea why anybody thought he'd be available for 6m. He's playing for England u21s and hasn't conceded a goal on the way to the semi. In todays day and age 6m doesn't even buy you Luke Freeman anymore never mind a kid who could have 15 years at the top of the game !

No idea why anybody thought he'd be available for 6m. He's playing for England u21s and hasn't conceded a goal on the way to the semi. In todays day and age 6m doesn't even buy you Luke Freeman anymore never mind a kid who could have 15 years at the top of the game !
It’s about time we produced our own keeper.

It’s one position we have to fill from a young age in trials so you’d expect they have to be decent to make their mark. Not like outfield players who can still get minutes as subs or vie for a few starting spots. You’ve got to be the best to be starting,

We’ve got Amissah, Dewhurst as young players now picking up experience. Hopefully one of them can become the first pick at some point in the future. If not, then why are they still here?

Eastwood we all don’t get. The lad from Chesterfield, Wharton, seems to be below the radar and has also hardly gotten picked. The two youth keepers from the prior season, Hampshaw and Huddleston both got let go.

No idea is Faxon or Yam are tracking well.

In this period Man City, who can also only pick one keeper in any age team have produced Trafford, Muric, Bazunu and Gunn all whilst having a decent keeper in the first team.

Hopefully one of ours can start to break through, otherwise what are the Coaches and Scouts messing around at?

It’s one position we have to fill from a young age in trials so you’d expect they have to be decent to make their mark. Not like outfield players who can still get minutes as subs or vie for a few starting spots. You’ve got to be the best to be starting,

We’ve got Amissah, Dewhurst as young players now picking up experience. Hopefully one of them can become the first pick at some point in the future. If not, then why are they still here?

Eastwood we all don’t get. The lad from Chesterfield, Wharton, seems to be below the radar and has also hardly gotten picked. The two youth keepers from the prior season, Hampshaw and Huddleston both got let go.

In this period Man City, who can also only pick one keeper in any age team have produced Trafford, Muric, Bazunu and Gunn all whilst having a decent keeper in the first team.

Hopefully one of ours can start to break through, otherwise what are the Coaches and Scouts messing around at?
I like Faxon but he’s only just breaking in to the 21’s.

Dewhurst and Amissah are interesting hopefully they can go somewhere at a decent standard and have a full season as someone’s number one.

Feckin Burnley - looks like the McCabe/ALC Capital route would have been better than the Prince
It's a strange one as they basically spent fuckall whilst they were in the premier league last time and everyone was laughing about the near miss we'd had.

Seems that since they took in Kompany, they've had a total change of direction and are throwing cash at it now.

Wait until the Saudi league is established. Transfers that look obscene today will suddenly seem reasonable.

Amissah looks a unit and I think he is the most promising from our youngsters.

Never seen the lad play, but it seems a ridiculous amount to pay for someone with very little experience.

I love how someone compares our ability to produce our own keeper to what Man City have done 🤣

Also, I would argue a keeper is the most difficult position to fill. An outfield player might start out playing in a different position to where they forge a career (see Kyle Walker for instance). I've never know of a player start out as a centre forward for instance and move back and back until they end up in goal.

Never seen the lad play, but it seems a ridiculous amount to pay for someone with very little experience.

I mean it all depends on what Burnley's scouting team perceive his upside to be. If they see him as such a talent that he'll be a future England number one, then it'll be very shrewd business. If they wait for the upside to become obvious to everyone and they're right, then they're not getting him for less than 20 million. What's the point in having scouting and analytics teams if you don't back their judgment?

Can see a few city youngsters going to Burnley and Leicester, we will be bottom of pile unfortunately

No problem with us not touching this.

Like to think to we learned our lesson from £24m on Brewster based on 20 games in the championship, £15-20m for a player whos played no higher than league one is banana sandwich bonkers.

Interestingly Nixon says

We are definitely not interested in Trafford anymore and are no longer interested in bringing in Tommy Doyle

Interestingly Nixon says

We are definitely not interested in Trafford anymore and are no longer interested in bringing in Tommy Doyle

Nixon also said that James Trafford was available for about £6M about 10 days ago. Nixon is an idiot.

I do think that Doyle is a way out of our price range, however.

Interestingly Nixon says

Bit misleading really and open to interpretation how Nixon worded it.

He was asked whether we were still in for Doyle and Trafford. (Nixon reported discussions last week).

Nixon responded “No and definitely no”

That’s not yo say when Doyle returns from England duty and loan picture looks clearer, we won’t be back ‘in’ for him

Nixon also said that James Trafford was available for about £6M about 10 days ago. Nixon is an idiot.

I do think that Doyle is a way out of our price range, however.
I think you’re more likely to see an emotional purchase ‘Brayford style’ return for Doyle near to the close of the window

Because its the most negative one
And it doesn't make sense.

We can only have 1 loan from city, so these 'few' city youngsters can't all come to us. Leicester are in prime spot for multiple loans like we were last season.

ps. The reason I think we might not be 'in' for Doyle anymore is perhaps we have been given encouragement at getting McAtee back on loan. We have other def-mids lined up on a permanent from elsewhere.

I mean it all depends on what Burnley's scouting team perceive his upside to be. If they see him as such a talent that he'll be a future England number one, then it'll be very shrewd business. If they wait for the upside to become obvious to everyone and they're right, then they're not getting him for less than 20 million. What's the point in having scouting and analytics teams if you don't back their judgment?
That's a fair point, but it will be the manager who gets the sack if the scouting team drops a massive bollock. See Brewster,Rhian. He could well turn out to be the next Dean Henderson, but equally could be George Long.

That's a fair point, but it will be the manager who gets the sack if the scouting team drops a massive bollock

Well, unless Burnley have an archaic structure where Kompany is making all the signings rather than doing what he should be paid to do (i.e. coach the team), instead of having a sensible structure where the coaching team coaches and the recruiting team recruits, then no, it wouldn't be Kompany who'd get the sack

Well, unless Burnley have an archaic structure where Kompany is making all the signings rather than doing what he should be paid to do (i.e. coach the team), instead of having a sensible structure where the coaching team coaches and the recruiting team recruits, then no, it wouldn't be Kompany who'd get the sack
I have a suspicion that when Burnley suddenly recruited a load of players from Belgium immediately after Kompany arrived from Belgium, it was more than coincidence.

Available for 6m....

Sold for 19m lmfao.

Kompany will get the pick of any Man C players he wants.
At £19 m he will.

Lee Nichols is the goalie we should sign.

Has been great for 2 seasons
Is 30, so heading for peak
Has 12 months to run
Would jump at joining us

Back
Top Bottom