James Trafford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need to build a younger squad. I think we have the base there already. If we can convince Doyle, Slimane and Trafford to join we keep a spine ready for development.
Absolutely.
Long term is always a must, but we really need to stay up this season as well.
I'm not saying that these players don't tick both boxes but in order of priorities (spending money wise) a keeper would be 4th or 5th on my list.

Absolutely.
Long term is always a must, but we really need to stay up this season as well.
I'm not saying that these players don't tick both boxes but in order of priorities (spending money wise) a keeper would be 4th or 5th on my list.

If we can get an England U21 keeper for 6 million compared to 22 or whatever we paid for Ramsdale, then I think it's a no brainer.

If we can get an England U21 keeper for 6 million compared to 22 or whatever we paid for Ramsdale, then I think it's a no brainer.
I'm just very conscious that we are already weaker than last season with the loss of Doyle and McAtee.
Add to that my inbuilt pessimism that we'll lose Sander or Ndiaye and I'm chomping at the bit for us to get in a midfielder or striker in that's going to get the excitement back into the club because right now it's felt like a relegation more than a promotion.

15m for trafford and doyle seems like a big chunk of our budget (which i also dont believe is only 20m) but would be a great investment imo and would also still leave us with 2 premier league loans maybe holgate or rodon and archer

15m for trafford and doyle seems like a big chunk of our budget (which i also dont believe is only 20m) but would be a great investment imo and would also still leave us with 2 premier league loans maybe holgate or rodon and archer
Then add a couple of frees (Pukki and Manning) and spend the remaining £5m on another CM and jobs a good ‘un.

Big chunk of our budget maybe but 2 quality signings for what would be a bargain by todays standards!

Big chunk of our budget maybe but 2 quality signings for what would be a bargain by todays standards!
i agree but i think 15m might only be a 3rd of our budget i dont believe this 20m figure and would still leave us 2 premier loan spots wouldnt be against pukki on a free so long as we bring another striker in as well maybe archer or a striker from europe

Would be a top signing. I don't trust Davies and this lad could start on the bench and be ready to step in if Wes is injured or proves not good enough.

If there's one position it's worth spending a lot on its keeper. They can play to their mid 30s and its probably tje most important position on the pitch. At the price been talked about it would be top value

I'm just very conscious that we are already weaker than last season with the loss of Doyle and McAtee.
Add to that my inbuilt pessimism that we'll lose Sander or Ndiaye and I'm chomping at the bit for us to get in a midfielder or striker in that's going to get the excitement back into the club because right now it's felt like a relegation more than a promotion.
Crikey ! We do have excitement ! we just got promoted nor relegated.
We havnt kicked a ball in anger yet! and yet ! We're doomed.
We have to get behind the players whoever turns out for us.
Everybody's favourites to go down with Luton& Burnley, that's a great challenge that we should engage with.
Burnley & Luton will be up for it,especially Luton.
Bring it on !!!

Not sure about "desperately."
Definitely a nice to have.

Foderingham has been pretty solid for us.

That said, if we did have a pot to piss in then buying a good young GK would be a sensible area to go for.
For me 'desperately ' is closer than 'nice to have ', I don't fancy a full Prem season relying on Wes and Davies

Think it's a real shame we have not developed Amissah. Looked really sound when he came on last season and great penalty save for GhNa the other day. Hes a big unit too. Could see him going onto become top keeper.
Well we sent him on to Burton last season and he only played twice, so not a successful loan.
Another loan next season for him

Wes hardly let us down last season, Di Canio best known for attacking the ref and playing for your pathetic outfit.
Back to Pigstalk tosser.

Agreed. Wes is a solid keeper.

Not much of a difference in goals we conceded last season playing Wes compared to say having hendo / ramsdale in net. He wasn’t as good as prior season and hand a couple a red cards., but it’s not like he’s a making errors or can’t claim balls or causing doubt in the defence. He doesn’t worry me at all.

But it’s not like he’s Adam Davies or simmonsen. An upgrade would be nice but it’s not top priority for me.

Agreed. Wes is a solid keeper.

Not much of a difference in goals we conceded last season playing Wes compared to say having hendo / ramsdale in net. He wasn’t as good as prior season and hand a couple a red cards., but it’s not like he’s a making errors or can’t claim balls or causing doubt in the defence. He doesn’t worry me at all.

But it’s not like he’s Adam Davies or simmonsen. An upgrade would be nice but it’s not top priority for me.

On the contrary Wes scares the shite out of me, he has a couple of heart in mouth moments every game but he got away with them last season on the whole....he would be badly punished at Prem level. A new GK is top priority for me..

On the contrary Wes scares the shite out of me, he has a couple of heart in mouth moments every game but he got away with them last season on the whole....he would be badly punished at Prem level. A new GK is top priority for me..

Are you equating heart in the mouth moments with him being bad though?

To me he’s always had decent command of his area, his handing is decent and would be at least an average PL shot stopped.

I can forgive the odd dropped bollock a la hendo for that package of keeper.

If he performs somewhere between the 15-18 best keeper in the PL imo that’s fine and might cost us 1 or 2 goals compared to the 6-10th best over a season.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not opposed to upgrading but I think it’s mad to say it’s top priority with LB/LCB/AM/CM all ahead in importance. It’s not like he’s making lots of costly errors

As a keeper myself, I am more confident in Wes than I ever was with Ramsdale. I don’t personally see the value in making a move for Trafford. I can only really think of the Burnley mistake and the slip against boro the season before as huge mistakes. He’s good on crosses, rarely if ever mid judges the flight. Not really sure what people are seeing

Back
Top Bottom