James Trafford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£6m for him would be a great bit of business looking forward. I like Wes but I do feel we need a keeper for next season.

I’d deffo take him.
View attachment 163279
For the long term Trafford is an excellent buy but I just don't think we can afford 6m for a position were not desperately needing 🙁

For the long term Trafford is an excellent buy but I just don't think we can afford 6m for a position were not desperately needing 🙁
I think the budget is more than what people think.

I know a lot of people don’t seem to like Darren over on Twitter but I personally like what he says… he’s alluded to that budget being better than suggest.

I know a lot of people don’t seem to like Darren over on Twitter but I personally like what he says… he’s alluded to that budget being better than suggest.

I can see that as well.

No point in going out and saying we’ve got millions and millions to spend because prices will go through the roof.

Better to say we’ve got next to nowt when we haven’t and then driving a hard bargain

Got a couple of friends who are Bolton fans and both of the opinion Trafford would be an outstanding signing. Reading a bit seems he was the standout in league one by some way (certainly statistically), although Bazunu did that at pompey and his season at saints wasn’t the best. That said for 6m, and his age it feels a good bit of business to me.

Got a couple of friends who are Bolton fans and both of the opinion Trafford would be an outstanding signing. Reading a bit seems he was the standout in league one by some way (certainly statistically), although Bazunu did that at pompey and his season at saints wasn’t the best. That said for 6m, and his age it feels a good bit of business to me.
Think he got most clean sheets. (22)

I'm not sure whether Trafford is quite ready yet. However, he would be an improvement on Wes, who just isn't Prom level.

Either way, £6m now would be a great investment.

Has the same name as a former local of mine. De Trafford Arms.

I joke, I've never been that successful.

Those who know, know.

Trafford is now at the same stage of his career as Dean Henderson was at when we first brought him in.....didn't turn out too badly!

£15m with clauses for those 2, well that would be a great bit of business.

Hopefully in talks about an extension with only one year left on his contract.
I doubt there will be a clamour of teams bigger than United to secure the services of a 33 year old who is about to play his first season in the PL.

I don’t see United being fearful of him leaving. If he does it will be because United are ok with it IMHO.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Sign him. Wes will be horribly exposed in the Premier League. There's a reason Di Canio called him a Subutteo player.

People said we had nothing last summer and that didn’t turn out to be true either.

We won’t spend loads like last time, but I don’t think it’s a case of spending nothing.

People said we had nothing last summer and that didn’t turn out to be true either.

We won’t spend loads like last time, but I don’t think it’s a case of spending nothing.

Wait a minute. Can you just stop right there and join in with the rest of the doom and gloom mob who seem to rejoice in being eternally depressed and looking at the worst case scenario. I do wonder if some posters decide not to leave their house in case a bird shits on their heads as they step outside.

As it happens I agree with you. We will spend to bring in some players, and we will get value for money in most. Whether that will be enough to keep us up is debatable but I think we will definitely be competitive and it will be a much better season than the relegation season being closed doors. Sone people will be desperately backtracking and finding other negatives when we bring in a few half decent players.

Wait a minute. Can you just stop right there and join in with the rest of the doom and gloom mob who seem to rejoice in being eternally depressed and looking at the worst case scenario. I do wonder if some posters decide not to leave their house in case a bird shits on their heads as they step outside.

As it happens I agree with you. We will spend to bring in some players, and we will get value for money in most. Whether that will be enough to keep us up is debatable but I think we will definitely be competitive and it will be a much better season than the relegation season being closed doors. Sone people will be desperately backtracking and finding other negatives when we bring in a few half decent players.
Exactly. It might not be enough for us. But spending a lot might not either.

If I had to guess I’d expect us to spend £15-20m on fees. I’d shocked if it’s £0, but even if it is, it might not change the outcome come next May.

Back
Top Bottom