James Trafford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think it's a real shame we have not developed Amissah. Looked really sound when he came on last season and great penalty save for GhNa the other day. Hes a big unit too. Could see him going onto become top keeper.
I mean we tried; sent him in L1 and he flopped in his debut. Probably would’ve been better served in L2 given his lack of experience but it’s a sink or swim situation.

He’s got plenty of time yet.

I think £6m might be out of our price range unfortunately .

I really do think it’s loans and frees .. period.
could well be but maybe our plan a of signing doyle on a permanent and trafford on loan is going to work out too expensive maybe were gonna do these 2 deals the other way round

That the £20m was never true... apparently the overall budget is similar to last time just that we won't be spending heavily on high priced targets. More prudent this time
Pray tell where you have heard this absolute nugget from?

As soon as say, I know what the reaction will be.

It was Darren on twitter... I respect what he has to say.
I have seen his Twitter account and do not recollect him saying that we have a similar amount to spend as we did last time.
But hey ho

I have seen his Twitter account and do not recollect him saying that we have a similar amount to spend as we did last time.
But hey ho
It was in reply to someone, so it'll be buried in his and replies...

I’d take Wes all day long, over a 20 year old who’s never played above League One. I really don‘t see goalkeeper as our most urgent area for recruitment?

I’d say we desperately need some additions to our attacking options and a LCB before we look at any keepers?

I’d take Wes all day long, over a 20 year old who’s never played above League One. I really don‘t see goalkeeper as our most urgent area for recruitment?

I’d say we desperately need some additions to our attacking options and a LCB before we look at any keepers?

True but he did break Bolton all time goalkeeping records for most clean sheets in a season and most home clean sheets in a row.

I'm a big fan of Wes but it's only a 1 year extension, Trafford has a huge ceiling so sensible option if looking to the future.

Wait a minute. Can you just stop right there and join in with the rest of the doom and gloom mob who seem to rejoice in being eternally depressed and looking at the worst case scenario. I do wonder if some posters decide not to leave their house in case a bird shits on their heads as they step outside.

As it happens I agree with you. We will spend to bring in some players, and we will get value for money in most. Whether that will be enough to keep us up is debatable but I think we will definitely be competitive and it will be a much better season than the relegation season being closed doors. Sone people will be desperately backtracking and finding other negatives when we bring in a few half decent players.
I am fully prepared to backtrack

Please remind me when I have to do so

It was in reply to Carlton Blade and I think it was an all encompassing statement not just referencing fees.

Worth saying take anything El Accounto says with a pinch of salt as he’s definitely a club PR outlet so his information won’t be impartial.

It was in reply to Carlton Blade and I think it was an all encompassing statement not just referencing fees.

Worth saying take anything El Accounto says with a pinch of salt as he’s definitely a club PR outlet so his information won’t be impartial.
He said (sic) "We spent £90m in 19/20 and £65m in 20/21. This was total spend on wages and fees. It'll be more than 20/21, less than 19/20 this time"

What isn't clear is if that means cash spent or cash committed (so taking into account a total transfer fee or just the actual amount of money spent on installments in this FY)

He chats shit but I could see this being true

One should always get that 6M back from U21 keeper, right?

Yeah. It's like people saying "we don't even have a packet of Space Raiders" are simultaneously thinking both:

a) The player has no resale value whatsoever going forward, the value of the asset we are acquiring is instantly written into the accounts as zero and will never change
b) We are never going to have any income going forward

Nobody ever pays everything up front for a player, and nobody is magically required to hold on to players for the entirety of their contract

Article on Athletic highlighting players that are doing well at u21 tournament (very hard to believe he's available for 6mill in my opinion):

James Trafford
Goalkeeper (Manchester City/England), 20

England also qualified for the last eight with a game to spare, but then beat Germany 2-0 for good measure.

It might have been different, though, had Trafford not been as good as he was against the Czech Republic in the first match. He made his first save of this tournament after just three minutes, parrying well after a breakaway, and his second shortly before half-time, getting down quickly to his left to deny Vasil Kusej.

Two other moments against the Germans on Wednesday also really stood out, for different reasons.

The first was an outstanding save to deny Kevin Schade in first-half stoppage time. It was very similar to that Kusej stop, only it was on Trafford’s right side rather than his left, and it kept the score at 2-0. It was particularly impressive because he’s 197cm (almost 6ft 6in), and tall goalkeepers don’t usually get to the ground that quickly.

The second moment came much earlier in the night, when he intercepted a long ball 20 yards outside his penalty box, chested it down, and knocked a pass out to the right-wing despite pressure around him. It looked simple enough, but it was indicative of the desirable tendency in modern goalkeepers to perform the sweeper role and allow the defenders ahead of them to operate with a high line.

Trafford’s performances in the group phase were as good as any of the goalkeepers at this tournament. He spent last season on loan at Bolton and got a whole year’s worth of League One experience, so you would imagine he will be a regular again somewhere next season, too. He’ll be worth watching.

Article on Athletic highlighting players that are doing well at u21 tournament (very hard to believe he's available for 6mill in my opinion):

James Trafford
Goalkeeper (Manchester City/England), 20

England also qualified for the last eight with a game to spare, but then beat Germany 2-0 for good measure.

It might have been different, though, had Trafford not been as good as he was against the Czech Republic in the first match. He made his first save of this tournament after just three minutes, parrying well after a breakaway, and his second shortly before half-time, getting down quickly to his left to deny Vasil Kusej.

Two other moments against the Germans on Wednesday also really stood out, for different reasons.

The first was an outstanding save to deny Kevin Schade in first-half stoppage time. It was very similar to that Kusej stop, only it was on Trafford’s right side rather than his left, and it kept the score at 2-0. It was particularly impressive because he’s 197cm (almost 6ft 6in), and tall goalkeepers don’t usually get to the ground that quickly.

The second moment came much earlier in the night, when he intercepted a long ball 20 yards outside his penalty box, chested it down, and knocked a pass out to the right-wing despite pressure around him. It looked simple enough, but it was indicative of the desirable tendency in modern goalkeepers to perform the sweeper role and allow the defenders ahead of them to operate with a high line.

Trafford’s performances in the group phase were as good as any of the goalkeepers at this tournament. He spent last season on loan at Bolton and got a whole year’s worth of League One experience, so you would imagine he will be a regular again somewhere next season, too. He’ll be worth watching.

And yet some people on here (who probably haven't ever seen Trafford play) are saying they'd prefer to stick with L1W.

And yet some people on here (who probably haven't ever seen Trafford play) are saying they'd prefer to stick with L1W.

There's probably some people here who would rather start McBurnie over Mbappe because he knows the squad and the system and because the other guy is only 24 so still needs another two loans before he's ready

Back
Top Bottom