CONFIRMED Its hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It reads to me that Slav wasn’t a good cultural fit with the club and players and also maybe reluctant to promote academy players as much as the board want.
Also the results were poor and as much as I wanted it to work it didn’t look like it was going to.
Personally I don’t mind Hecky, did well at Barnsley and Leeds we’re a basket case club.
Also did better than Wilder in terms of points per game with this group of players last year.
I also wouldn’t read to much into the 5 year contract, it’s probably 2 or 3 years and the club have an option of a further 2, maybe done to show the players he’s not a short term option.
I won’t expect too much and will hope to be pleasantly surprised!

United when Harris Bassett and Warnock left appointed managers who tried to get the team to play in a completely different way. Result, disaster and wilderness years

So what did we do when Wilder left, we eventually appoint SJ who again tried to change everything which failed completely
A good manager recognises the strengths [and weakness] of a team and builds on that
Let’s hope the new manager is capable of this

I'm not really sure some of the people calling this 'the cheap option' understand what happens when a manager is sacked.

Supposedly no money in January for signings, yet we'll now have to pay a severance to relieve the manager of his duties. It doesn't make any sense.

This is far from a cheap option.

This just goes to show that those running the club have no idea whatsoever what they're doing.

He did pretty well in his stint last season but they decided to give a 2 year contract to someone else who they then failed to back and basically made him go back to playing the same way we played before which didn't work and which he didn't want to play. They failed to back him as promised in summer and looks like the same was going to happen in January. They then sack him, pay off whatever huge compensation package and bring in the guy they could have brought in a few months ago but instead of giving him the usual contract chuck 5 years at him.

Bonkers by any measure.

Given we have no money and given he knows the players inside out and has proved he can get results with them, then it's not the worse appointment to steady the ship. The laughable thing is that it sounds like Bettis and whoever is chairman this week think he's going to get us up.

We're such a mess it's untrue.

Best case scenario is we get promoted through the playoffs, but even in that situation, I'd be being kind if I said only 80% of the squad will need replacing.

Then we have a manager on a huge contract who has no relevant experience for shaping a squad for the Premier League, and an owner severely burned by a manager with no relevant experience of shaping a squad for the Premier League spending all the cash and putting us in the shit.

Decide to get a prestige appointment and we have to sack a manager again who's got a 4 year deal.

Worst case scenario is we go down, and get stranded again. If money is tight now, then we've had it in the league below. Won't be able to get our money back for anyone we spent big on, will have to sell off the young stars like Jebbo and Ndiaye for bugger all because we just need the cash.

Good luck Paul, you'll need it.

How much has the Prince wasted on hiring Jokanovic and his backroom staff then sacking them a few months later, just to re-appoint the bloke we had in charge before on a five year contract????

Speechless.
Hecky probably got a nice big pay rise too!

Wouldn't have been in my top 10 to take over but let's give him a chance at least before fucking him over.

Back to the wilder-less wilderness we go.

Mind you, can't wait for the 2032 Tesla English Championship assault with Monty at the helm

5 years? WTF?

Where's the logic in that?

Why not a contract until the end of the season and then both sides take stock
At least Man City will have to pay us a lot of compensation when they come in for him when Guardiola leaves.

And if you want to know what a good footballing brain and knowledge Heckingbottom has, bringing Stuart McCall in and boosting Jack Lester are both really good moves.

First thing to do is bring back the loan players, they are your January signing’s, I would imagine this is what the prince told him

Think we have fucked up on many levels

no point brining in a bloke who everyone knows plays wingers, not giving him them, the sacking him for not winning matches
in the week weve seen Ole sacked from Man U, who was rewarded a long term contract after initially impressing, then continuously under delivered, why not give him Hecky a contract till the end of season?
of all the mangers available, or attainable, is he really the best manager? Warne, Ainsworth, Farke, Neill, Munoz, Hughton, Lampard, Gracia?
would giving Warnock the gig till end of year, allowing proper time to plan, been worse?
is there another team in the land who could fuck it up as continuously and spectacularly as us?

we’re not going up or down this season, surely give Slav the tools to do the job, or don’t employ him in the first place - judge him this time next year with 2 windows behind him

personally I would have given Warnock the job till end of season, he will motivate the player and give them the bollocking they deserve, then do a proper business continu plan, see who comes out of work between now and end of the season, give him time and money and go again

It's pretty simple - the people running the show upstairs are either naïve or in denial. They brought a top-end Championship manager in and expected him to implement his playing style, with the core of a squad which we all know is well past its peak. In hindsight, Slav maybe wasn't the right man to rebuild the team under the circumstances we now know he has inherited, but it's still a shame to see him go. It would have been nice to see him turn us into the sort of team he had at Fulham. But that was only going to happen with a complete overhaul of players, it was never going to happen with this group.

As for the Prince, it's clear he just wants a yes man in charge. Heckingbottom has nothing to lose himself, his reputation as a manager is already in decline. It's a cheap appointment, and his record as a manager is very uninspiring. Giving him a contract until 2026 is utter madness.

It's pretty simple - the people running the show upstairs are either naïve or in denial. They brought a top-end Championship manager in and expected him to implement his playing style, with the core of a squad which we all know is well past its peak. In hindsight, Slav maybe wasn't the right man to rebuild the team under the circumstances we now know he has inherited, but it's still a shame to see him go. It would have been nice to see him turn us into the sort of team he had at Fulham. But that was only going to happen with a complete overhaul of players, it was never going to happen with this group.

As for the Prince, it's clear he just wants a yes man in charge. Heckingbottom has nothing to lose himself, his reputation as a manager is already in decline. It's a cheap appointment, and his record as a manager is very uninspiring. Giving him a contract until 2026 is utter madness.
They aren’t naive or in denial.

They are idiots.

Average manager in this league lasts a year and we give a 5 year deal. To someone already here. Who no one else was after.

Economic illiteracy.

We're such a mess it's untrue.

Best case scenario is we get promoted through the playoffs, but even in that situation, I'd be being kind if I said only 80% of the squad will need replacing.

Then we have a manager on a huge contract who has no relevant experience for shaping a squad for the Premier League, and an owner severely burned by a manager with no relevant experience of shaping a squad for the Premier League spending all the cash and putting us in the shit.

Decide to get a prestige appointment and we have to sack a manager again who's got a 4 year deal.

Worst case scenario is we go down, and get stranded again. If money is tight now, then we've had it in the league below. Won't be able to get our money back for anyone we spent big on, will have to sell off the young stars like Jebbo and Ndiaye for bugger all because we just need the cash.

Good luck Paul, you'll need it.
Yep he deserves his chance, but I suspect PA will now spend the grand sum of next to nowt in the hope he manages to flog the club to anyone who comes along, if anyone comes along? That is my biggest worry. Selling is one thing, but who to is deeply concerning

Wouldn't have been in my top 10 to take over but let's give him a chance at least before fucking him over.

I've not seen too much in the way of slagging off PH, it's the club/the prince that people have an issue with. PH is just a bloke that took a job.

family-guy-puking.gif

Back
Top Bottom