CONFIRMED Its hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

yes your bang on with your post yogi the type of game slav was playing was a possesion based game but it was so slow sideways backwards football and wasnt exciting our fans im not an advocate of hoof ball either loved bassett but hated his style of football but it needs to be played positively with tempo and always looking for a forward pass im afraid we were spoilt for 4 years under chris wilder
Yeah it’s just the way we’re built clubs do have identities and each is distinct from the other. I think we always love the idea and the glamour of a possession based game hence the calls for it and the general excitement when that type of manager is appointed but if never seen us be truly happy with it. Just like I’ve never seen us be truly happy with hoof we’ll accept both if the results come with it but we don’t really love it. In my experience we love a tackle and turning the ball over high up the pitch, hitting a team on the break with pace and playing incisive football but in the final third.

I'm confident things will improve under Heckingbottom a lot will be surprised by the end of the season.
yes i agree lots on here so negative about this appointment but seing as it looks like were skint anyway and no chance of new signings i dont think theres any way we can play any worse under hecky than we did under slav i was one who welcomed slavs appointment but it just hasnt worked out and i definetly dont think this group of players have been playing for him lets give the guy a chance and back him to the full

Don't know if anyone else has said this, but it's surprising how similar this is to the last time we can down. We signed a big name Robson, it didn't go well, so they sacked him and appointed Kevin Blackwell all in the first season.
Judging by what Hecky has done with the youngsters it could be a good move ?, only time will tell us that, but a least I can understand what the hell Hecky is saying, thank god ,

Last edited:
yes i agree lots on here so negative about this appointment but seing as it looks like were skint anyway and no chance of new signings i dont think theres any way we can play any worse under hecky than we did under slav i was one who welcomed slavs appointment but it just hasnt worked out and i definetly dont think this group of players have been playing for him lets give the guy a chance and back him to the full

It’s not just the appointment of PH though imo why people are so angry..it’s the reasoning behind it and what it means as a whole to the football club for the years to come.

they had the best man for the job already and paying him very very well but instead of backing him they showed their cards and sacked him. The cards state their is no money, money which they had promised Slav wasn’t there and now we embark on a period of decline again as we reset and rely on youth players who don’t exist and when they do exist we sell them before they can really make a go of it. That’s why people are angry.

Do I think there will be an uptick in form, yes
Do I think following this will there be a steady decline as anyone who shows improved form is sold off and not replaced, also yes..

As regards the contract length, presumably hecky said if you want me to be the fall guy for the penniless plummet down the league then I expect a damn good contract out of it.

I can understand the hurt, I can understand why people can lash out with silly comments one week and change around completely the next, this is why we love the game so much.
IT'S THE PASSION !!!!!
And long may it last......

This five years, I wouldn't read too much into that. My guess is that if it doesn't work out they'll be a standard pay off fee, not a pay off for the remainder of his contract which would obviously could incur a hefty fee. Yes I'm only guessing but I just can't believe that the board are that daft, there is clearly a plan here and whether we#'re fans of it or not, I can see why they want to protect the club from losing Hecky longer down the line if he does well and see this as a long term plan.

Interesting that Alex Neil appeared to be the other choice. I can see the logic there also, although I'd rather have Hecky if honest, think for the criteria that they want with developing the youth that Hecky and Lester are probably best suited for that role. I can see the logic but we'll have to keep onto these lads for starters, how many of us think Jebbison will start next season with us or would the offer of say £10m to take Jebbo to Dortmund be too tempting for our board!

One positive from Hecky's appointment is that I'm sick of boardroom and manager wrangles, it's time they were both on the same page! We may not like what's on the page but hopefully this will lead to a united approach - pardon the punch. It is paramount for a manager and the ownership to be united, we've not had that for the last eighteen months.

I don’t mind Hecko being in charge, he knows more about the young players than anyone else would & hopefully knows how to get the best out of them too! He’s also familiar with the players preferred style of play.

I do mind the utter shite that came out of yesterday press conference & 4 year deal without proving yourself first!

It’s not just the appointment of PH though imo why people are so angry..it’s the reasoning behind it and what it means as a whole to the football club for the years to come.

they had the best man for the job already and paying him very very well but instead of backing him they showed their cards and sacked him. The cards state their is no money, money which they had promised Slav wasn’t there and now we embark on a period of decline again as we reset and rely on youth players who don’t exist and when they do exist we sell them before they can really make a go of it. That’s why people are angry.

Do I think there will be an uptick in form, yes
Do I think following this will there be a steady decline as anyone who shows improved form is sold off and not replaced, also yes..
Where is this money that was promised to Slav come from? the way I understood it any money would be generated by player sales. Ramsdale happened Berge didn't so if there is no large sums for buying players then it is what it is hardly anyone's fault if no one puts in an acceptable bid or the player is injured. For what it's worth I can see outgoings and incomings in January what we can't afford to do is panic and give players away at way below their true value better to make what we have work for us. Looking at results and performances Slav was hardly the best man for the job and that is not to say he is a poor manager but it just wasn't working for him or us.

Where is this money that was promised to Slav come from? the way I understood it any money would be generated by player sales. Ramsdale happened Berge didn't so if there is no large sums for buying players then it is what it is hardly anyone's fault if no one puts in an acceptable bid or the player is injured. For what it's worth I can see outgoings and incomings in January what we can't afford to do is panic and give players away at way below their true value better to make what we have work for us. Looking at results and performances Slav was hardly the best man for the job and that is not to say he is a poor manager but it just wasn't working for him or us.
He said himself in his interviews early on that he was waiting for the incomings that were promised and he also said he was told he didn’t have to sell with Berge or Ramsdale.

he wouldn’t have taken the job if he was told there was no money available to spend, he has a way of playing and that way if playing requires players we didn’t and still don’t have, this way of playing has made him the most successful championship manager of the past decade maybe on par with Farke although I’d say doing it with two clubs trumps doing it with 1.

Don't know if anyone else has said this, but it's surprising how similar this is to the last time we can down. We signed a big name Robson, it didn't go well, so they sacked him and appointed Kevin Blackwell all in the first season.
Judging by what Hecky has done with the youngsters it could be a good move ?, only time will tell us that, but a least I can understand what the hell Hecky is saying, thank god ,
Daft as it sounds, if we had got rid of Robson in November and not given him till February there's a very good chance we would have gone up that year.

This was the league table on the day he was sacked:

1637928017545.png

And the final table. We went into the final game at Crystal Palace with a chance of reaching the play-offs:

1637928070551.png

The whole thing smacks of the prelude to as much asset stripping as the owners can negotiate over the next 6 months. That is about it .

Daft as it sounds, if we had got rid of Robson in November and not given him till February there's a very good chance we would have gone up that year.

This was the league table on the day he was sacked:

View attachment 125389

And the final table. We went into the final game at Crystal Palace with a chance of reaching the play-offs:

View attachment 125390
Last game was at Southampton wasn't it? Palace was the last game of the following season where we had a chance of finishing second on the last day

I think personally the negative comments are not about the man but the way its been done in general. Getting 4.5 years contact is a marvellous achievement good luck to him. Appointing someone 3 hrs after sacking Slav with such a contract on the other hand where did that come from ? Apparently several months of planning.

My negativity is towards the players to be honest. Same set under Hecky last time, same set under Hecky this time. Until results start improving I cant see there being any difference. Its okay getting behind the team and the manager but the players need to give mutual respect back to the fanbase which is waining. After all we pay towards their wages and we are not getting good value for money.

Back
Top Bottom