CONFIRMED Its hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky will steady the ship and guarantee us safety and maybe top 10 if things go better than expected. I wouldn't mind seeing that formation we finished off with last year, played now.
4 points and 2 clean sheets in the last 2 games suggests the ship was actually starting to steady anyway. The timing of this is frankly bizarre and smacks of incompetent and nervous leadership from the boardroom.

He wanted to appoint Hecky in the first place but didn't have the balls to do it.
Caved and appointed someone with experience and a reputation for good football and then gave him a few last minute loans to sort things out.
Been pretty obvious where United's problems have lain since Wilder left.
Welcome back to the wilderness years.

4 points and 2 clean sheets in the last 2 games suggests the ship was actually starting to steady anyway. The timing of this is frankly bizarre and smacks of incompetent and nervous leadership from the boardroom.

Agree. But I think the departure has ultimately got to be down to no money being available in January.

Not that there was ever going to be much available anyway, but still 🤣

Would heckingbottom have more points than Slav this season… probably

is he a better manager? Probably not

Huge waste of limited funds. If we wanted to send this bloated, lopsided and hugely underperforming squad to challenge in the championship this season, we should have just appointed him (ph) and spent fuck all in the summer.

if we wanted to bring in new ideas and a new manager we should have backed the Slav to implement the new ideas.

we’ve lit a good few million on fire and torpedoed the season because of a lack of joined ups thinking!!! The board and Prince have behaved like total amateurs

Spend a fortune on bringing a manager in with a proven track record of promotion at this level, only to sack him a few months later and replace him with the guy who had the job before him.

What a f**king joke.
Agreed but hes bene very vocal about needing 4 or 5 new players and look where that got Wilder !

Theres clearly no money and I reckon Slav has threatened to walk and they've said see you and the lawyers will come to a 50/50 payoff type arrangement.

I can appreciate the 'Cheapo United' label but in this case, and with these players, I don't think Hecky did a bad job to be fair. Clearly these players and Slav was not a good fit.

With any manager, it's how they do with your club. Hecky probably isn't a bad fit. He'll play 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 and allow them to overlap like they did previously and with which they have a comfort.

I don't think Slav ever really bought into 3 at the back. He just couldn't find a way to keep clean sheets playing with 4 there.

Rather than going to pot, I can actually see an upturn in results. Players will at least be played to their strengths. Now how strong that is, is up for debate but playing persistently 4-2-3-1 just wasn't doing it either defensively or offensively.

Let's see. I'm not as against this as I might have been in the summer. It's probably the sensible, logical option as well as the cheap option in this case.

Why shop at netto when you can strangle a Swan ont canal and eat that.
And swans can't really break your arm with its wing. So no worries there.
Drop kicking a Swan is the way forward.
First name Peter 🤔

The attached confirms the non footballing mentality amongst the current Board. After a stellar 11 games 3 wins 8 defeats 4 goals scored and 20 conceded they saw fit to issue this. It was in part clearly a dig at the previous manager but what is more worrying is that they actually felt PH's brief period was a success. Yes we beat 2 teams on the beach in the last few games by the odd goal but you can't forget how bad we were against the likes of Palace at Home.

Add in the ridiculous comments from Bettis that they were looking for managers who could play 3-5-2 before an appointment was made and it tells you we lack a full time Director of Football on the Board in Sheffield.

If it is PH I hope he does well but his past record suggests otherwise. His appointment smacks of a cheap option, little funds in the JTW and a delusional belief on the part of the Board that the current players are fit for a promotion challenge.

The manager loses his job yet the same people failing such as Bettis and Mitchell remain in post.

Last edited:

The attached confirms the non footballing mentality amongst the current Board. After a stellar 11 games 3 wins 8 defeats 4 goals scored and 20 conceded they saw fit to issue this. It was in part clearly a dig at the previous manager but what is more worrying is that they actually felt PH's brief period was a success. Yes we beat 2 teams on he4 beach in the last few games byt ghe odd goal but youc can't forget how bad we werwe against the likes of P
Makes you wonder if these people who say he did a good job will be pleased if we win 3 and lose 8 of the next 11.

Ship was steadying? It's been awful.should have gone after Blackburn.

Ship was steadying? It's been awful.should have gone after Blackburn.
But, after Blackburn, 2 clean sheets and 4 points in 2 games does suggest an uptick and steadying, does it not? My point is, do we need somebody to steady a ship which is already showing signs of steadying? And is the absolute epitome of a youth team coach the man to do it?

Back
Top Bottom