CONFIRMED Its hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well this Seems like a very sensible thing to do. Just give a guy a 5 year contract straight out of the gate 🙄.

I expect Chris Wilder has a huge smile on his face atm (I told you so lads and lasses).

Good luck Paul, Jack and Stuart, I think you'll do much better than your predecessors, but that wouldn't be hard.

Let's all of us please get behind them regardless, it is what it is.

Nothing to show for 2 years in the prem other than a bloated and underperforming squad.

What a shame.

We have the resources in the squad🤦‍♂️ No we don’t!

Attachments

• EEDD5EFA-8C40-48B5-9FAE-AD9B9590ED46.jpeg
    EEDD5EFA-8C40-48B5-9FAE-AD9B9590ED46.jpeg
    582.9 KB · Views: 58
Well, this is going to be interesting.

Suits a group of our fans who didn't like Slav trying to play football and not being from South Yorkshire.

Suits the board who don't have to face difficult questions from the manager about recruitment.

Suits the owner because he's already here and he's more likely to bring the free academy players into the team instead of asking for signings.

McCall seems fucking backwards though, nothing against him personally, but thats a timewarp appointment.

Not against Heckingbottom getting it at all and IMO he should have got it in the summer if there was no room for manoeuvre in terms of the squad however an almost 5 year contract is absolutely ridiculous in every sense.

I would have no issue with him getting it till the end of the season to steer the ship but to be handing out a contract that big is nonsensical.

Bizarre. He's a good bloke and a good coach, but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer as manager. And, if the club thought he was, why didn't they appoint him in the summer?
Back then Heckingbottom said he didn't want the job and wanted to go back to what he was doing.

You have got to be f@@@ jokin right

They've given him a contract till 2026

Twentyyyyy twenty six

It’s going to be a real dependence on whether the U21’s & youth players are able to step up

I've got no ill will towards Heckingbottom but there are some statements in the press release that are slightly concerning.

"successfully implement the board’s strategic directives." - i.e. doing things as cheaply as humanly possible, because we want out and aren't investing any money in something we're potentially trying to get rid of, Mike Ashley-style.
"possessing the ambition and determination to get the most out of our current squad" - i.e. you're not getting any new players
"Paul’s style and ethos matches that of the club and we will support him where possible" - i.e. we'll find a reason for it not to be possible.

Why shop at Netto or even strangle a Swan when you can just go to Wilkinsons and eat your own toe?
Anyone who does that has probably got severe mental health problems.
Anyone laughing at that is like shit on your shoe.

He shares our values and interest in player development

while also possessing the ambition and determination to get the most out of our current squad.

The final piece of that paragraph is certainly key. Make do and mend

How much has the Prince wasted on hiring Jokanovic and his backroom staff then sacking them a few months later, just to re-appoint the bloke we had in charge before on a five year contract????

Speechless.

I can appreciate the 'Cheapo United' label but in this case, and with these players, I don't think Hecky did a bad job to be fair. Clearly these players and Slav was not a good fit.

With any manager, it's how they do with your club. Hecky probably isn't a bad fit. He'll play 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 and allow them to overlap like they did previously and with which they have a comfort.

I don't think Slav ever really bought into 3 at the back. He just couldn't find a way to keep clean sheets playing with 4 there.

Rather than going to pot, I can actually see an upturn in results. Players will at least be played to their strengths. Now how strong that is, is up for debate but playing persistently 4-2-3-1 just wasn't doing it either defensively or offensively.

Let's see. I'm not as against this as I might have been in the summer. It's probably the sensible, logical option as well as the cheap option in this case.
Well said, logical thinking and not knee jerk crap that some Blades are spilling. I think the players will be more than happy with this.

Absolutely pathetic bunch of decisions:

L1 manager in Hecky
L1 assistant in McCall
Exceptionally long contract for Hecky.

All while basically admitting there is no transfer budget in Jan. I absolutely hate my club at times.

Back
Top Bottom