CONFIRMED Its hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Actually looking forward to gonna lane Sunday now which I haven't been able to say for months, good luck Hecky an Co think it's exactly what these group of players needed. UTB

p.s. should be easy to get a half time drink if all the crying blades that are done with this quote pathetic club don't turn up!! Winner winner

Watched United since 1958, and this is one of unfortunately a good few low points. Not understanding this at all. I have supported the Prince but now he can fuck off. Apparently no money but we are having to pay of a number of employees that will probably be a few million, which could have gone to paying for 2 players that we desperately need. Heckingbottom may be a nice man, but is he a yes man, who will have his tummy tickled. His 10 games in charge where uninspiring, and I honestly can’t see him improving this squad. Dark day.

I used to love the Prince and his vision for us but today as just wrote me off completely,don't get me wrong I'd prefer the Prince over Kevin or chansiri but fuck me the guys a can short of a 8 pack

Fou

The attached confirms the non footballing mentality amongst the current Board. After a stellar 11 games 3 wins 8 defeats 4 goals scored and 20 conceded they saw fit to issue this. It was in part clearly a dig at the previous manager but what is more worrying is that they actually felt PH's brief period was a success. Yes we beat 2 teams on the beach in the last few games by the odd goal but you can't forget how bad we were against the likes of Palace at Home.

Add in the ridiculous comments from Bettis that they were looking for managers who could play 3-5-2 before an appointment was made and it tells you we lack a full time Director of Football on the Board in Sheffield.

If it is PH I hope he does well but his past record suggests otherwise. His appointment smacks of a cheap option, little funds in the JTW and a delusional belief on the part of the Board that the current players are fit for a promotion challenge.

The manager loses his job yet the same people failing such as Bettis and Mitchell remain in post.
As I said he's got a Resolution of Thanks on his CV so that must enable him to qualify for a 5 year contract!! We'll also need his previous experience of winning the League 1 play offs and can look forward to a visit to Wembley as we look to help PH win the EFL trophy for a second time.

Nothing against PH as an interim manager he would have been fine. The decision to award the length of contract and the utterings of Bettis about the squad being able now to climb up the table confirm my suspicion that the Board lack the footballing nous to take us forward. As for the acting Chairman coming out from under his stone and saying PH will implement the Clubs strategic directives perhaps he'd like to share that with us. Is that you'll have to always play 3-5-2, they'll be no money in the JTW as we've paid a lot of money for the current squad so they must be capable of gaining automatic promotion and you'll be expected to freeze younger players out of the team when they won't sign contracts as we did with Ndiaye.

I've given PA the benefit of the doubt these last 18 months but to-days decisions IMO reflect a bunch of amateurs at Board level who are treading in quick sand oblivious to the wishes of the majority of supporters.

This hasn't happened overnight and has been planned for a while. That in itself is shabby treatment of the outgoing manager whilst he was still in employment. Worse still a one line statement on his departure doesn't reflect well on the Club. Maybe he told them some home truths before he went and they're still sulking.

I'll be there on Sunday getting behind the new management structure but to-day hasn't been a good day for the Club. The players are culpable in SJ going they need to start earning their money now.

Think we have fucked up on many levels

no point brining in a bloke who everyone knows plays wingers, not giving him them, the sacking him for not winning matches
in the week weve seen Ole sacked from Man U, who was rewarded a long term contract after initially impressing, then continuously under delivered, why not give him Hecky a contract till the end of season?
of all the mangers available, or attainable, is he really the best manager? Warne, Ainsworth, Farke, Neill, Munoz, Hughton, Lampard, Gracia?
would giving Warnock the gig till end of year, allowing proper time to plan, been worse?
is there another team in the land who could fuck it up as continuously and spectacularly as us?

we’re not going up or down this season, surely give Slav the tools to do the job, or don’t employ him in the first place - judge him this time next year with 2 windows behind him

personally I would have given Warnock the job till end of season, he will motivate the player and give them the bollocking they deserve, then do a proper business continu plan, see who comes out of work between now and end of the season, give him time and money and go again
I'm really not sure Ainsworth would have been a good idea.....

Absolutely no qualms with Heckingbottom, he starts with a relatively clean slate for me but it's not him I'm angry about - it's more the absolute lack of direction the club has and seemingly lurching from one train of thought to the next.

The last 5 months have been an absolute write-off and we've now shit the bed when it came to backing the man we'd brought into do the job. It reeks of a lack of clarity in terms of any long term objectives and inspires zero confidence in the board.

We've essentially done what Beerschot have done over a slightly longer period of time. I don't see it getting better anytime soon although I expect we'll tread water at this level for a while.

And meanwhile Stevens, Fleck, Norwood et al. Continue to steal a wage and get off Scott free

Its not inspiring for sure. He may well turn out to be a good candidate for the post and of course gets my full support, coaching reputation high, managerial reputation definatly a mix bag. But, I would add that Heckingbottom appeared to be doing a really good job with the U23s, which is one of the things a club ours need to have in place to be progressing. Already we see Ndiaye and Jebbison developing. The first time in quite a few years. We now put that process at risk by removing him and his team from a role in the club that really seemed to be working. Anyway, fingers crossed...onwards and upwards......

If you had asked any poster on this board to negotiate Heckingbottom’s contract they could have done it without giving him 5 years.

Anyone on this board could have done a better job.

That is how bad that contract is, and probably reflective of how poor the decision making re the sacking and appointment is generally.

Idiots.

Yep he deserves his chance, but I suspect PA will now spend the grand sum of next to nowt in the hope he manages to flog the club to anyone who comes along, if anyone comes along? That is my biggest worry. Selling is one thing, but who to is deeply concerning

Depends how much he wants. Hopefully because we've been financed by prize money and he's only in for about £20m of his own cash, he won't be asking Chansiri prices if he sells.

But then even if you find someone to buy us, you have the risk of them being twats and selling the ground etc.

Prince Abdullah at the least does understand that Bramall Lane is our home and we're not leaving it and put it all back in our name.

Press conference 🤪

Attachments

• BFED6681-7C98-4077-B267-A46D8AFB6273.png
    BFED6681-7C98-4077-B267-A46D8AFB6273.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
So how are we going to absolve the players of all responsibility when Hecky also fails to get a tune out of them?

If you had asked any poster on this board to negotiate Heckingbottom’s contract they could have done it without giving him 5 years.

Anyone on this board could have done a better job.

That is how bad that contract is, and probably reflective of how poor the decision making re the sacking and appointment is generally.
Tbf none of us know the detail on the contact, if the rumours around player power and dressing room problems are true then it sends a strong message and lets Hecky operate from a position of strength.
I doubt very much it’s a full 5 year deal with no break clauses or targets to meet to trigger extensions.
Also most Managers contracts have a level of compensation stipulated and it’s not normally the full length of the contact so I don’t think it’s a big deal.

I'm not gonna slate Heckingbottom - good luck and I hope it works out. I'm not expecting much, but could we really be doing any worse?
We couldn't keep paying Harrod's prices for Aldi quality with Slovanovic - who's fault that it is debatable. I have said before that we either have to change the manager or most of the players cos it wasn't a good fit. The football has been pretty awful, boring and more importantly lacking in results.
If we had appointed Heckingbottom in the summer and being in the current position the fans would have been raging - but cos it's Slovanovic he seemed to get a free pass. Sometimes it just doesn't work, just look at the liked of David Moyes.

Still the contract that has been given - good grief, are we sure we have businessmen at the top - though it does depend on the severance terms.

I won't say this is the most stupid decision I've ever seen a board make, as I've follow Untied for 30+ years, so I've seen plenty. However, I'm not sure why we ever went for Jokanovic if we weren't prepared to finance him rebuilding the squad (which is clearly needed). I don't have a bit issue with sacking him, as recent performances have been hard to watch (lacking in effort and enthusiasm). I couldn't see him turning around with the players he had and he certainly wasn't going to get any money to spend to bring his own players in. We did though have time to plan and scour the market for our next manager and find the right fit (what is the font of all european football knowledge Jan van Winkel doing for us?). Instead we've Heckingbottom on 4-5 year deal, which is a statement of intent and an acceptance that we're aiming to be mediocre/poor for the foreseeable future. I wish him luck as I think we're really going to need it!!

It's a decision that says:

"We haven't got a pot to piss in so need to use the U23's and wheel and deal"

"We accept that we've more chance of getting out of this league via relegation than promotion".

Absolutely wank from the board of the football club, as knowsnowt would say "GET TO FUCK".

For anyone who’s following the press conference we’d all best start the wake early because by Christ it’s a shambles

Back
Top Bottom