Incoming? Alex Collado

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn't B'ham have a similar problem with Pedersen a year or two ago? Essentially signed him but fucked up his registration meaning he couldn't play for months.

Barca should pay his contract up and make him a free agent,then we can sign him for the season and sell him (undisclosed fee 1p) back to Barca next summer.
But won’t Barca want it resolving in their favour ie player becomes their asset again so they can sell / loan him for a fee? Just imagine if we had deregistered Burke before Blackburn fail to sign him. If we made him a free agent we effectively Chuck £1-3million into the fire

Didn't B'ham have a similar problem with Pedersen a year or two ago? Essentially signed him but fucked up his registration meaning he couldn't play for months.
Was he the reason they got an embargo?

And Leicester too. Except they'd spent about £20m on a player and didn't have him registered in time so he watched the first part of the season from the stands

But won’t Barca want it resolving in their favour ie player becomes their asset again so they can sell / loan him for a fee? Just imagine if we had deregistered Burke before Blackburn fail to sign him. If we made him a free agent we effectively Chuck £1-3million into the fire
Small price to pay😉

What an absolute waste, for all concerned. If this is down to the agent as reported, and I was Collado, said agent would be the one looking for work now.
I said much the same yesterday. I would be suing for loss of earnings if my agent had cost me a job through trying to line his own pocket

I said much the same yesterday. I would be suing for loss of earnings if my agent had cost me a job through trying to line his own pocket
Presumably Barcelona still have to pay him his wage if his contract with them remains in force? He might still be able to sue for negligence costing him his ability to 'work' and therefore advance his career but I'd be surprised if he's out of pocket. Unless of course he's on performance and goal bonuses.

Are you valuing him at £1 - £3m or £1m-£3m B56? Tbh I put him towards the low end of the former.

No he’s still Barca’s player he’s just not registered to play in the Spanish league system

I imagine not registered in their 25 man squad and over the age of 21 so can train but can't play league games.

I imagine not registered in their 25 man squad and over the age of 21 so can train but can't play league games.
Pretty much going to be a few boring months for the kid

Unless he decides to go on loan to (insert obscure nation with transfer window still open)
Pretty much his only option. His best option might be to stay at Barca and train his backside off to try and get himself at least a squad spot for them. If not at least he’d be in tip top shape for any potential loan I could see us going back in for him

Pretty much his only option. His best option might be to stay at Barca and train his backside off to try and get himself at least a squad spot for them. If not at least he’d be in tip top shape for any potential loan I could see us going back in for him
Might be a big risk staying and just training, at his age he needs to be playing or his stock could drop dramatically, I'd imagine match sharpness may not return until Feb at the earliest if he leaves on loan/is registered Jan 1st.
His best loan option would be Turkey of them left, but if not Turkey it's Bulgaria/Romania/Russia, and now Sheffield doesn't sound too bad does it Alex?

Might be a big risk staying and just training, at his age he needs to be playing or his stock could drop dramatically, I'd imagine match sharpness may not return until Feb at the earliest if he leaves on loan/is registered Jan 1st.
His best loan option would be Turkey of them left, but if not Turkey it's Bulgaria/Romania/Russia, and now Sheffield doesn't sound too bad does it Alex?
Turkey makes sense. The others I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole if he could get a top Russian move then that would be fine but anything below that and he’ll be out in the footballing wilderness. The really sensible thing to do with him would be to be sorting out his January move now so everyone knows where he’s going and he can start focusing on that and move early next window.

Turkey makes sense. The others I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole if he could get a top Russian move then that would be fine but anything below that and he’ll be out in the footballing wilderness. The really sensible thing to do with him would be to be sorting out his January move now so everyone knows where he’s going and he can start focusing on that and move early next window.
Definitely, I dare say he looks a little toxic/stupid due to his agent at the moment too and how the move to us broke down. He needs to have a good hard look into how he is advised and start his career properly in January

Definitely, I dare say he looks a little toxic/stupid due to his agent at the moment too and how the move to us broke down. He needs to have a good hard look into how he is advised and start his career properly in January
Yeah if he sticks with his current representation he wants his bumps feeling

Birmingham were under a soft embargo (free transfers only, limited wages) but spent €3m on Pedersen. They got away with it: "The EFL is exceptionally disappointed that the Club entered into an employment contract with the Player at a time they knew they would be subject to a business plan for 2018/19 if they were in breach." Reading between the lines the EFL was told they couldn't legally prevent Pedersen from working.

And Leicester too. Except they'd spent about £20m on a player and didn't have him registered in time so he watched the first part of the season from the stands

Leicester spent £22m on Adrien Silva on deadline day in 2017 but the FIFA documents arrived at 00.00.14 and so he wasn't eligible until the January. His career hasn't recovered; Leicester ended up paying him off in October 2020.

Can't we amend the transfer documents for the Mcburnie transfer and make out he is ineligible to play for us this season???!!!!

Not sure what the rules and regs are for loans, but if we're still interested in the lad, can we not pre-sign him so he can get himself over here and be eligible to be available from Jan 1st? At least he will know he has a future and a date to work to. Not ideal for either parties, but it's better than losing out on him altogether.

I think this was the fellow the Prince mentioned not having a printer and changing terms last second. I hate to say it, but if you don't want to play for us, you can gfys.
Doubt we'll be revisiting this one and rightly so by the sounds of it.

I was disappointed it fell through as he seemed an exciting tricky player that we lack, but if his heart wasn't in it then I doubt we'd have seen the best of him anyway.

Not sure a pretty boy from a warmer foreign country seemingly not wanting to be here, would perform at his best being kicked by Championship defenders.

Back
Top Bottom